closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Great prices on the Baby models

Craftsman

Great prices on the Baby models

The stock was never likely to last long but those prices guarantee it.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffCansell View Post
    The stock was never likely to last long but those prices guarantee it.
    Rather good prices. It's only Miyota 9015 and Seiko 6R15. Put ETA inside and you will get great prices.

Shush, don't tell everyone ;-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kamyk View Post
    Rather good prices. It's only Miyota 9015 and Seiko 6R15. Put ETA inside and you will get great prices.
    Whilst I acknowledge that ETA or Sellita are more expensive movements - the Miyota 9015 and Seiko 6R15 are very good in their own right - you’re just not paying for the ‘Swiss Name’

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    Whilst I acknowledge that ETA or Sellita are more expensive movements - the Miyota 9015 and Seiko 6R15 are very good in their own right - you’re just not paying for the ‘Swiss Name’

This.

Those movements give me peace of mind, they run and run perfectly without a service for a decade, maybe technically less advanced but solid as a rock. Couldn’t care less about the “Swiss”. issue.

Apprentice

I agree with you, but that's not the point. £325-360 could be a good price for a micro brand watch with one of these movements, but not a great price. That's all.

Master
    Anyone care to elaborate what a Baby Model is?

Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...llard-Pictures

Smaller version.

Quote Originally Posted by uktotty View Post
    You are "Rip Van Winkle" and I claim my £20.00
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Those are damned good prices.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Master
    Blog Entries
    what a choice,so many great watches.

considering what I already have I narrowed it down to the Willard or Dreadnought.

I think in the end if I had to chose one it would be the Dreadnought,one for the name and two because its an original design that stands on its own merit.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post

considering what I already have I narrowed it down to the Willard or Dreadnought.

I think in the end if I had to chose one it would be the Dreadnought,one for the name and two because its an original design that stands on its own merit.
    Yeah, if I didn't already own the Dreadnought Voyager I'd bet getting one, and if I wasn't intending to buy the Navigator I'd be getting the Speedbird.

I also think the Willard is very good.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, if I didn't already own the Dreadnought Voyager I'd bet getting one, and if I wasn't intending to buy the Navigator I'd be getting the Speedbird.

I also think the Willard is very good.
    its good to have these choices,its no wonder people buy them all in the end.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post

My original intention was to ignore these and await the Navigator (though getting one of those was going to difficult going by the interest).

Then I thought I might try for a Baby Speedbird and sell on my existing full size one.

Current plan is to try for a Baby Dreadnought because as said it's an original design but the previous models are too large for me (a pity as I'm after a GMT this year so the Voyager would have suited).

come Sunday afternoon who knows what I'll actually do ...

Totally agree Eddie really tries to pass on His love of watches far and wide if He wanted to He could sell His watches for far more but I applaud Him for His clearly never being motivated to sell His watches for anything other than pass on the enjoyment to others.

Master
    Hmm, slightly regretting emptying the watch fund for an Air Ministry last month. I think I would have liked to try a Baby Dreadnought. What is it they say about planning and performance?

Craftsman
    Having recently been browsing a newly found large watch part company I am even more impressed with the value of Eddie's creations.
    It's lovely to buy something where the movement is 1/3 of the cost of the item, rather than a tiny fraction.

Quote Originally Posted by kamyk View Post
    I agree with you, but that's not the point. £325-360 could be a good price for a micro brand watch with one of these movements, but not a great price. That's all.
    That's a rather sweeping generalisation - You're not JUST buying a movement when you buy a watch (just look at the huge disparity in prices of watches with the Seiko NH35 movement).

I recently bought 3 Steeldive/Heimdallrs with the NH35 for under £150 and a Helm for £250 - There's no doubt that the Helm is the better watch even though they share the same movement (In fact the Helm is ridiculously good for the money)

In my experience, you're getting excellent quality with a TF watch (I had an Everest for a while and have a DN Voyager and an Aerotimer).

Although I've not handled any of these, I don't imagine Eddie's standards have slipped.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Journeyman
    I've been wearing the Baby Dreadnought for a week, and it absolutely is a great price!

Apprentice
    I’m hopeful the baby collection will come back in stock. Is there any indication that this will happen anytime this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Randy9999 View Post
    I’m hopeful the baby collection will come back in stock. Is there any indication that this will happen anytime this year?
    They are all in stock.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

It's not sold out. Just keep an eye out on the website for it's next opening.
    Maybe with the next few week's
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy9999 View Post
    Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app