closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Think I'm Getting Humped on eBay!

Marius, people understand the situation but pretty much every person here disagrees with your logic.

In your example, winding a rusty watch and breaking the crown are directly connected. Removing the buckle and damaging the screw head is totally separate to the strap issue. You had ample opportunity to examine the strap and send it straight back. It’s nigh on impossible that it looked perfect then all of a sudden disintegrated to pieces when you fiddled with the buckle and mashed up the screw thread.

The vast majority of us are just giving you a view...I don’t see nastiness from the majority of replies. It’s clear that you feel hard done by but the thing I find most distasteful is the misuse of the eBay protection. For that reason, I’m sorry, I would never do business with you.
    Last edited by Christian; 15th August 2020 at 10:34.

Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    One last time and I give up explaing and all this
    Keep in mind that only myself and John know the truth.
    Maybe an analogy will help some obtuse minds....
    So....let's suppose that you're buying a pretty expensive watch that you really wanted advertised as brand new.
    Nice shinny thing...You're over the moon with it.
    Trying to wind the watch you realise that the movement is ... let's say completly rusted or full of mud or shit....whatever.
    Here comes the funny part....
    Trying to screw back the crown you damage the crown(the screw).....
    What would you do?
    Please try for once to be honest!!!
    I'm done here!!!
    Let's whomever will decide to decide but I can tell you that I was expecting more from some of you instead of this childish shit:" you touched it you own it"
    Why no one is concerned about me and my hard earned money thrown away on a piece of (hidden) shit?
    I did my part of offering to buy the buckle thinking that that will be a honorable thing to do to somehow make this shit a win win situation ...but it was ignored or misunderstood.
    I don't really care anymore ...
    I realised that when someone get stuck in something....not even common sense can bring him back.
    I only wish you all those honest guys here that commented whithout trying to understand to encounter a similar context in the future.....when you will be 100% that you're wright and everyone else will call you in so manny nasty ways.
    Over and out!

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk
    As you quite rightly said that only you and the seller know the truth.
    All of the responses have been made by what we know which is simply your respective posts and of course the photos.
    The sellers pics of the strap look absolutely fine whilst yours show a strap which is complete goosed, look at that simple point and then try to understand the negative responses you’ve received?
    Anyway good luck with selling or buying anything off here ( if you ever have ) in the future, I can’t imagine it’ll go that well.

Question to the OP- do you actually lose the money that you received or does the money come back from eBay direct and not your account?

FFF

Craftsman
    I can only say that surely there will come a tipping point when trading platforms such as EBay + Paypal and Amazon Marketplace die a death due to the extreme one sided bias they have towards the ‘buyer‘. Pretty soon there will be more sellers with negative experience than the hordes of nefarious buyers taking advantage of the trading platforms bias.

I have been ripped off on both platforms so I feel for the OP big style here. Ever since my experiences I would rather lose a sale than accept paypal payment of any form (at least you still have the goods to enjoy). In fact I have lost a fair few sales recently when I’ve politely declined accepting Paypal - and I’m happy with that.

In regard to this particular circumstance, you don’t take apart goods you’re disputing under any scenario. You inspect thoroughly and dispute immediately rather than days afterwards. The state of the returned strap cannot have been more obvious, which leads me to doubt marius’ story. There’s been a couple of other inconsistencies as well: in one post Marius states that he’s secretly hoping the seller is on here and in a later post protests that he’d be stupid to post on a UK watch forum where the UK watch based seller could be. The whole story fails my sniff test and I’m pretty clear who I will actively avoid dealing with in future.

A grim story all round though. Hope it gets resolved somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by NickGaters View Post
    I can only say that surely there will come a tipping point when trading platforms such as EBay + Paypal and Amazon Marketplace die a death due to the extreme one sided bias they have towards the ‘buyer‘. Pretty soon there will be more sellers with negative experience than the hordes of nefarious buyers taking advantage of the trading platforms bias.
    Although eBay was started as a private seller/buyer auction, I think over the years they found they could make a lot more profit being a storefront for cheap chinese goods 'ali express' style. I suspect eBay would be happy to lose the private sellers and concentrate on cheap 'But It Now' products from China.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NickGaters View Post

I have been ripped off on both platforms so I feel for the OP big style here. Ever since my experiences I would rather lose a sale than accept paypal payment of any form (at least you still have the goods to enjoy). In fact I have lost a fair few sales recently when I’ve politely declined accepting Paypal - and I’m happy with that.

In regard to this particular circumstance, you don’t take apart goods you’re disputing under any scenario. You inspect thoroughly and dispute immediately rather than days afterwards. The state of the returned strap cannot have been more obvious, which leads me to doubt marius’ story. There’s been a couple of other inconsistencies as well: in one post Marius states that he’s secretly hoping the seller is on here and in a later post protests that he’d be stupid to post on a UK watch forum where the UK watch based seller could be. The whole story fails my sniff test and I’m pretty clear who I will actively avoid dealing with in future.

A grim story all round though. Hope it gets resolved somehow.
    It is pretty obvious that ebay would like private sellers to disappear from the face of the earth because they are always complaining about buyers whereas commercial sellers hardly receive any complaints at all.

I know when working in the Royal Mail, private sellers sending parcels formed 90% of the hassle that sorting offices had to endure. The worst problem was lousy packing. The simple fact is that when you shake the guts out of a parcel, you should not be able to feel or hear it move and most privately sent parcels would fail that test. Commercial companies always send the goods with professional packaging where the goods would normally survive bashing about in transit.

With commercial companies who sell hundreds of the same product, there is rarely any problems with the quality or specification of the goods and the product accurately described etc. Unfortunately with private sellers there is often a bit of doubt on quality as a lot of stuff is pre owned.

The long distance selling act gives the buyer a lot of safe guards and ebay has no option but to comply with the law, hence they usually side with the buyer which leaves a lot of unhappy private sellers.

I accepted the fact years ago that selling via ebay is a mugs game. I am a regular buyer of goods via ebay and always from commercial companies. Buying from a private seller is too high risk if you want a quiet life.

So I agree, private sellers will slowly phase out of ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Question to the OP- do you actually lose the money that you received or does the money come back from eBay direct and not your account?

FFF
    I suspect they try and recover it from paypal but if they can't it probably becomes a negative balance on your account. They'll demand payment and if they still don't get it sell the debt to a debt collection agency.

A few years ago, I forgot to pay a sellers fee that was on my account. For some reason, they couldn't get hold of me and very rapidly sold the debt to a debt collection agency that went through the usual threat of CCJ etc. I ended up having to pay a grossly inflated fee...I think the bill went from being a couple of quid sellers fee to over fifty quid to the debt collectors.

Master
    Was there any further resolution to this case?

Master
    Just in case anyone else was getting it wrong, I was mixing up Marius (Romania) with another member, Murias (Norway). I'm posting this lest anyone make the same mistake in their own mind. I have dealt with Murias and will (now that I've got it straight) have no hesitation of doing so again.