closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: An Aerospace conundrum

An Aerospace conundrum

Good Morning:

I would appreciate your advice in this situation. I have had a Breitling Aerospace Avantage for many years (as well as the older Repetition Minutes model) and enjoyed it immensely. Last year it was in need of a battery change so I sent it to Breitling who informed me that it required a new module as the backlight wasn't functioning. And a quote for around £900. I asked for it to be returned without work and then had a battery and seals change with a trusted jeweller instead for a more palatable £75. In fact I hadn't even noticed the backlight wasn't working.

In the last week the watch has functioned as it should, but has now developed a grey smudge on the top LCD display. Obviously it now needs work.

My choices are as follows:

1) Swallow the £900 Breitling full service but get back a watch in top order.
    2) Find a watchmaker who can source the Breitling super quartz module and fit it. Is this even possible and does anyone know one?
    3) Sell as is with the Caveat that it needs the £900 service. This makes it hard to value so would be very interested to hear any thoughts there.

Many thanks, Alex.

Master
    Suggest you have a read of the recent thread about Breitling service centre experiences if you can find it.

STS can do the battery & seals service on the Aerospace so I'd get in touch with them to see if they can do the module swap too.

Craftsman
    This could be worth a read. As stated in one of the replies, I thought one of the lcd panels was slightly different.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...nt-replacement

Blog Entries
    You could try some other accredited Breitling service people - you might get a better quote. £900 seems steep for a module change.

however - compare the price of a new Aerospace to £900 - you will effectively get a new watch on its return that should give good service for as many years (and with warranty)

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    You could try some other accredited Breitling service people - you might get a better quote. £900 seems steep for a module change.

however - compare the price of a new Aerospace to £900 - you will effectively get a new watch on its return that should give good service for as many years (and with warranty)
    Agree...£900 does seem steep for just a module change. I thought on previous threads that we had concluded any module change was included in the price of a maintenance service.

What caused the LCD display failure in the first place?

My 7 year old Aerospace 42mm Tuxedo dial has been flawless thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostintime View Post
    What caused the LCD display failure in the first place?

My 7 year old Aerospace 42mm Tuxedo dial has been flawless thus far.
    I’ve had this movements display just fail in the past...no apparent cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I’ve had this movements display just fail in the past...no apparent cause.
    That’s very concerning to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by proby24 View Post
    Good Morning:

I would appreciate your advice in this situation. I have had a Breitling Aerospace Avantage for many years (as well as the older Repetition Minutes model) and enjoyed it immensely. Last year it was in need of a battery change so I sent it to Breitling who informed me that it required a new module as the backlight wasn't functioning. And a quote for around £900. I asked for it to be returned without work and then had a battery and seals change with a trusted jeweller instead for a more palatable £75. In fact I hadn't even noticed the backlight wasn't working.

In the last week the watch has functioned as it should, but has now developed a grey smudge on the top LCD display. Obviously it now needs work.

My choices are as follows:

1) Swallow the £900 Breitling full service but get back a watch in top order.
    2) Find a watchmaker who can source the Breitling super quartz module and fit it. Is this even possible and does anyone know one?
    3) Sell as is with the Caveat that it needs the £900 service. This makes it hard to value so would be very interested to hear any thoughts there.

Many thanks, Alex.
    How many years old is the watch?

I had the same dilemma after I drowned my Repetition Minutes. I ended up paying the £900 to Breitling. I don't regret it.

I didn't have any problems with the service centre. This was about a year ago.