timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Protocol whilst on an AD's register of interest

Master

Craftsman

Affair

Quote Originally Posted by J J Carter View Post

Got to know the Glasgow AD managers pretty well and ended up having an affair with one of the wives. Thought she would put a word in for me regards a Daytona but he found out and I never did get that phone call even though I was supposedly next on the list😺

Master
    Blog Entries
    I am so glad I know longer work for an AD. Can I just ask how many of you have prostrated yourself in front of staff at an AD or bought presents in return for going on a list. Oh yes that will be no one!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    I am so glad I know longer work for an AD. Can I just ask how many of you have prostrated yourself in front of staff at an AD or bought presents in return for going on a list. Oh yes that will be no one!
    Err no prostrating but I did buy a member of staff a box of liqueurs to say thank you and strangely enough got another phone call a few weeks later.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav View Post
    So the llama story isn’t true? Or the reach around?

Oops seems like I broke the law and whored myself for nothing earlier!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post

Must have worked, guy on the left is wearing a Daytona!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Yep, Ive found that the occasional Joe Malone gift basket with a personalised note goes a long way also.
    I'm only waiting for a BLRO not a Daytona, will this be ok?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    NO!!!!!

Come on Oak, man.
    Lavender is going to make the AD's sleepy. You want to keep them alert with their senses tingling like prairie wolves ready to contact you as soon as the BLRO lands.

Master
    NO!!!!!

Come on Oak, man.
    Lavender is going to make the AD's sleepy. You want to keep them alert with their senses tingling like prairie wolves ready to contact you as soon as the BLRO lands.
    Henry of best Columbian it is then

Blog Entries
    NO!!!!!

Come on Oak, man.
    Well my first thought was this, but it was a bit pricy!

Craftsman
    My local AD in Leeds graciously added me to the Batman list about three years back now. At the time they were lovely about it. They also requested I pop in every few months to let them know I was still interested and to get an update on where I was on the list

When I duly popped in at 3 and 6 months (as requested by the AD) they took both opportunities to treat my wife and I like dirt while having me justify my place on the list and query us on what watches we were wearing. The second time in particular my wife couldn’t believe how we’d been treated.

I’ve never had the call, and have consequently spent a lot of money elsewhere.

Therefore my vote is get on the list and forget about it. You might get a call which will be a nice bonus, but don’t expect one.

ive managed to get a tesco delivery slot for next week, is there anything i should be doing to thank tesco for allowing me to give them money in exchange for food ? this thread really has me worried im doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by NickGaters View Post
    My local AD in Leeds graciously added me to the Batman list about three years back now. At the time they were lovely about it. They also requested I pop in every few months to let them know I was still interested and to get an update on where I was on the list

When I duly popped in at 3 and 6 months (as requested by the AD) they took both opportunities to treat my wife and I like dirt while having me justify my place on the list and query us on what watches we were wearing. The second time in particular my wife couldn’t believe how we’d been treated.

I’ve never had the call, and have consequently spent a lot of money elsewhere.

Therefore my vote is get on the list and forget about it. You might get a call which will be a nice bonus, but don’t expect one.
    I cannot believe you went back a second time!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    I cannot believe you went back a second time!
    I know. I’m disgusted with myself for wanting a watch so much I’d put up with that kind of treatment. I came to my senses soon after and bought elsewhere.

I must be still bitter though: when in town I enjoy wandering past and laughing about the massive array of datejusts in their new showroom. Must be coincidence that only a few paces away is the Peloton shop also devoid of customers.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by NickGaters View Post
    I know. I’m disgusted with myself for wanting a watch so much I’d put up with that kind of treatment. I came to my senses soon after and bought elsewhere.

I must be still bitter though: when in town I enjoy wandering past and laughing about the massive array of datejusts in their new showroom. Must be coincidence that only a few paces away is the Peloton shop also devoid of customers.
    I have done the same believing naively that I had misfortune to have had an errant employee. If a further visit reinforces shady practices (bundling), patronising attitudes I conclude that's how the AD conducts its business. I will spend elsewhere.

Master
    Worth remembering that the Datejust is their best seller; far more profitable than the ‘sports’ watches because of the sheer numbers. They sell, and sell. And with good reason. I believe the ladies Datejust is the best seller of all.
    Rolex will make sure they are available and in the shop window. The typical customers isn’t interested in ‘lists’.
    We choose to put ourselves in that position.
    Last edited by paskinner; 30th July 2020 at 12:41.

It is reading experiences like NGs, I hope the situation improves. It should not happen.

I sometimes think if the staff realise how they are behaving or they have been that way for so long it's normal.

I put my name on the list at WOS knowing that it was a complete waste of time as I was just killing time waiting for my wife.

The lady serving almost had a smirk as if to say there is no way you will get a watch. This is despite genuine interest and being a previous customer.

One AD said if a watch was available, I would have to pop in every month or so wearing it. FO mate. I have a life and really busy browsing TZ. I don't have time for your morning and afternoon wrist check registration.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Worth remembering that the Datejust is their best seller; far more profitable than the ‘sports’ watches because of the sheer numbers. They sell, and sell. And with good reason. I believe the ladies Datejust is the best seller of all.
    Rolex will make sure they are available and in the shop window. The typical customers isn’t interested in ‘lists’.
    We choose to put ourselves in that position.
    I agree: I have a nice 36mm DJ. I bought it at a slight discount elsewhere when it formed perhaps 10% of the models on display and the salesperson spoke to me like a real human being. Think that was in 2017 - those heady days of retail where not treating your potential customers like pond life was a thing.

Edit: I’d love to buy a 41mm DJ today if I had the cash - just not from the particular AD that offended me.
    Last edited by NickGaters; 30th July 2020 at 14:57.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by prexelor View Post
    One AD said if a watch was available, I would have to pop in every month or so wearing it. FO mate. I have a life and really busy browsing TZ. I don't have time for your morning and afternoon wrist check registration.
    Jesus Christ! You're buying a watch not getting a second job!

I've never got further than sending a couple of emails, but in each case I got the same reply along the lines of 'please make an appointment to come into the store so we can laugh at you for 5 minutes then try to sell you a datejust'.

Master
    Stay calmer
    When you want to harm a llama
    Call a llama
    Farmer

https://youtu.be/r2KYuauZBUs

That’s nuts, I can’t imagine any customers agreeing to that.

What's next, a monthly SOTC on Zoom or a pic with paper? Nuts.

Craftsman
    If that were me I’d have requested the watch for free as I’ve clearly reached Ambassador status if they want to see me around wearing it :-)

Blog Entries

A ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Did you type that with a straight face?

It is a comical situation from AD perspective. But from a customer perspective, it is not good to be treated in such a manner.

ADs should just be clear.

A TZ GTG should be held at the most difficult AD on a Saturday for wrist check registration, wrist shots and registering your details for the AD "list". All whilst asking TRF style questions.

Master
    It is a comical situation from AD perspective. But from a customer perspective, it is not good to be treated in such a manner.
    But as long as I've been on this forum, people have been complaining about just how sh!t ADs treat customers and potential customers. Yet, I see little sign of people voting with their feet. There again, the bulk of AD clients are show offs who are only interested in R**** and other expensive brands as a means to demonstrate their wealth, rather than enthusiasts, so I don't really care if that sort of client are treated like dirt!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusty View Post
    Jesus Christ! You're buying a watch not getting a second job!

I've never got further than sending a couple of emails, but in each case I got the same reply along the lines of 'please make an appointment to come into the store so we can laugh at you for 5 minutes then try to sell you a datejust'.
    I have that same email, decided its not worth the petrol.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by redkite View Post
    I have that same email, decided its not worth the petrol.
    Interesting thing is that when you fill in the contact form on any ADs website, the email goes to Rolex, not the AD. Rolex then forward your contact details to the AD.

I have no idea why that is, or what Rolex are doing with that information.

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    ive managed to get a tesco delivery slot for next week, is there anything i should be doing to thank tesco for allowing me to give them money in exchange for food ? this thread really has me worried im doing it wrong.
    I've heard they'll peel off all the packaging and demand you return with your rotting meat and veg for the next 2 years to prove you still have it.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I bought a toothbrush from a well-known chemist and they now insist on me popping by to ensure I'm still using it.

Seems reasonable.

Master
    People took the mickey when I asked the question, but 5 weeks after registration, I'm on the way home with this...
    https://i.imgur.com/F2yFzuf.jpg

Much amusing thread for this Friday afternoon!

OP congrats on the new acquisition - hope the wait was worth it - would definitely be nice to get some more pics!

S

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSeb View Post
    Much amusing thread for this Friday afternoon!

OP congrats on the new acquisition - hope the wait was worth it - would definitely be nice to get some more pics!

S
    Thanks!
    I'm a teeny bit excited. Many thanks to Joe at WoS Oxford Street for going above and beyond to get it for me.
    It also comes with one of the new warranty cards. Instead of the old school written details, everything is zapped to a chip in the card.
    I've got the card, the store insisted on full destickering, citing "Rolex policy". They kept the bezel guard, coffin & white tag but I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    People took the mickey when I asked the question, but 5 weeks after registration, I'm on the way home with this...
    Fantastic, really happy to see you landed one and much quicker than the anticipated wait. New warranty card is quite cool, too. Means nothing really and will be left in the box but new is always nice! Enjoy!

Congrats on a speedy purchase!

Master
    I hope no llamas were harmed in acquiring this?

Seriously though, Well done fella, great pick up.

Journeyman
    Well done OP! Great result.

I must admit that this thread has had me tickled

Master
    Thank you all!
    I'm seriously stoked but I have to say a huge thank you to Joe at WoS Oxford Street who was an absolute star - I've known him about 15 years & he was a big part of me landing this so soon.

A global depression should put an end to these lists. See it’s not all bad..

Thank you all!
    I'm seriously stoked but I have to say a huge thank you to Joe at WoS Oxford Street who was an absolute star - I've known him about 15 years & he was a big part of me landing this so soon.
    Half the people here are now torn between trying to find and court Joe Vs leaving him alone because you've had one now so they won't have another for ages!

Thanks!
    I'm a teeny bit excited. Many thanks to Joe at WoS Oxford Street for going above and beyond to get it for me.
    It also comes with one of the new warranty cards. Instead of the old school written details, everything is zapped to a chip in the card.
    I've got the card, the store insisted on full destickering, citing "Rolex policy". They kept the bezel guard, coffin & white tag but I can live with that.

So are the cards blank? How do you read them NFC?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I hope no llamas were harmed in acquiring this?

Seriously though, Well done fella, great pick up.
    Nope, no bad llama karma.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Half the people here are now torn between trying to find and court Joe Vs leaving him alone because you've had one now so they won't have another for ages!
    I've just told you where to find him & it'll be worth every single penny.

Master
    https://i.imgur.com/BXtAyiQ.jpg
    Slightly better phot.

I've just told you where to find him & it'll be worth every single penny.
    I couldn't cheat on my AD and they're WoS too so I'd get caught! The wrist shot looks great. Not sure if you removed the divers ext link (WoS wouldn't remove mine) but the comfort of my SD43 is much better since I got rid of it and I've read it's the same on the DSSD.

Master
    I couldn't cheat on my AD and they're WoS too so I'd get caught! The wrist shot looks great. Not sure if you removed the divers ext link (WoS wouldn't remove mine) but the comfort of my SD43 is much better since I got rid of it and I've read it's the same on the DSSD.
    The bracelet is still intact, I had to let it out a bit but not that far. If you remove the diver's extension, how many normal links do you need to fill the gap?

Master
    The bracelet is still intact, I had to let it out a bit but not that far. If you remove the diver's extension, how many normal links do you need to fill the gap?
    IIRC it is one and one half links. I removed it on my 126660 and it makes a difference. Worth the small effort.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

On the SD43 I'm removing the half link and adding two full links so I think without the divers link 1-2 depending on your fit. Without the divers link currently I have the glide lock between half way and almost biggest depending on temperature/wrist expansion. Links are £49 each and seem to be taking a while to order.

Master
    On the SD43 I'm removing the half link and adding two full links so I think without the divers link 1-2 depending on your fit. Without the divers link currently I have the glide lock between half way and almost biggest depending on temperature/wrist expansion. Links are £49 each and seem to be taking a while to order.
    I will bear this in mind. At present the fit is fine with the link in, but I'm aware that people have removed the link and reported a benefit in terms of comfort.

Master