closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Tudor Royal

New Tudor Royal

Saw this pop up on Reddit - what do people think? It's not for me - seems to be a mish-mash of other better watches - my mind might change when I see it in person.

https://i.imgur.com/D0xMUmO.mp4

Looks neither 'sport' or 'chic' to me.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

DateJust thunderbird bezel, Omega Constellation, OysterQuartz. What watches do you see?

It's a Day Date-O-Graph.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    RoyalOakOysterquartzDateJustDayDateTurnograph

Journeyman
    The wrist shots are growing on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

happy to buck the trend and say i like it. the integrated bracelet has a touch of oysterquartz about it.

Depends on price point i guess, but i like it

Overall, I like it - the size is a bit big however at 41mm. And I'm not so enthused about how the date is done, but not a dealbreaker if I was in the market for a watch like this. Not a bad effort.

Master
    It looks really 80s in a bad way, like the metal bracelet omega constellations but worse

Fake news perhaps?
    "The whole purpose of mechanical watches is to be impertinent." ~ Lionel a Marca, CEO of Breguet

Master
    Not at all a fan of how the day and date windows cut into the numerals. I like most offerings from Tudor but this is a definite "no" from me.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I quite like it. It's 'on trend'. I'll wait and see what other dial options they have, not keen on romans.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nice find, thanks.

I’m trying to think who this is for. It seems very derivative. Glad some like it but it’s not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Fake news perhaps?
    No chance - too many media assets and also various Asian ADs putting up posts about it on social media.

I quite like it, the blue dial looks good in the wrist shots

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Overall, I like it - the size is a bit big however at 41mm. And I'm not so enthused about how the date is done, but not a dealbreaker if I was in the market for a watch like this. Not a bad effort.
    I saw somewhere that there will also be 34mm and 38mm.

If you have access to a VPN - set it to Hong Kong and go here:

https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/watch-family/tudor-royal

SPORT-CHIC WATCH WITH INTEGRATED BRACELET

Royal is a name first used by TUDOR in the 1950s to emphasize the superior quality of its watches. With this heritage in mind, the TUDOR Royal offers a range of automatic sport-chic watches with integrated bracelets that are as affordable as they are uncompromising. The Royal comes in stainless steel or gold and stainless steel, and is offered in 4 sizes with 9 possible dials.

A DISTINCTIVE NOTCHED BEZEL

The TUDOR Royal is the ultimate in balance, elegance and versatility. The characteristic notched bezel, with its alternating surface polish and cut grooves, is just one of the design details, rooted in the History of the Brand, that gives the Royal its unique personality.

REFINED DIALS

Available in black, silver, champagne-colour or blue, the sunray motif on the dials of the Royal radiate from the centre, creating elegant lighting effects and reflections. For feminine models, there is also a version available in diamond-set mother-of-pearl.

As a final touch of chic, TUDOR has added Roman numeral applique hour markers to its TUDOR Royal watches. All the dials offer these appliques, which can be replaced by eight diamond hour markers.

INTEGRATED "FIVE-LINK" BRACELET

The TUDOR Royal features an integrated “five-link” metal bracelet, which ensures an uninterrupted line with the case. This type of bracelet design was first introduced by TUDOR as early as 1973. Characterised by its three wide satin-brushed links set between two slimmer polished elements, the smooth quality of its surfaces and edges emphasise the attention paid by TUDOR to ensuring its comfort on the wrist. Available in stainless steel or with alternating links in stainless steel and yellow gold, the models in this range cater to every taste.

BALANCE, ELEGANCE AND VERSATILITY
    Available in four sizes, the TUDOR Royal is designed to fit any size of wrist. The 41 mm version is particularly distinctive as its mechanical movement displays the day at the same time as the date.
    Last edited by Alansmithee; 27th July 2020 at 13:56.

Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    I saw somewhere that there will also be 34mm and 38mm.
    28mm, 34mm, 38mm and 41mm - only the 41mm has the day-date.

Craftsman
    Oh god, I think I actually like that. I don't know why, it looks a bit of a mess, but something about it has me interested!

Wait... Is the Tudor Prince a current model? Because I just found a page for that...?

Omega Constellation case with a Rolex dial and bezel 👎

Apprentice
    To me that's the definition of a watch that doesn't know what it wants to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Wait... Is the Tudor Prince a current model? Because I just found a page for that...?
    Don't think so - thought the last use was some years ago.

Journeyman
    Quite horrid.

Which rather surprises me as Tudor has been improving of late.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Don't think so - thought the last use was some years ago.
    Well... it is now...

Not for me. It looks like a Timex Q had relations with a Seiko 5.

Journeyman
    I love it! If this is only exclusive to East Asian markets is it possible at all for UK ADs to acquire these as a special order?

Feels like a mash up of too many other watches. If I were in the market for something like this, I'd be sticking to either another Tudor offering or go with a modern Omega Constellation Globemaster.

New Tudor Royal

Hate to say it but I really like this. I’d definitely consider it if I was in the market for this kind of thing. If it was actually available in the UK, which it doesn’t seem to be. I have an appointment at a Tudor AD tomorrow so I’ll ask what, if anything, they know about this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it's excellent, the cropped indices on the Day-Date notwithstanding. To me it has lots of Tudor DNA:

I remember reading that the North Face was intended as a tribute to the 1st one above but this release looks far more harmonious. In my view 38mm is probably the sweet spot for this.

Is Tudor moving into a JDM-model approach?
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by NCC66 View Post
    Hate to say it but I really like this. I’d definitely consider it if I was in the market for this kind of thing. If it was actually available in the UK, which it doesn’t seem to be. I have an appointment at a Tudor AD tomorrow so I’ll ask what, if anything, they know about this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Please report back! This looks like something I’d want to purchase so would love to know if it will be available in the UK.

Craftsman
    I like it,its different and the blue looks lovely, however roman numerals ruin it for me!
    If it had baton markers or normal numbers I'd be more inclined...

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

I love it, like a mix of date just and oysterquartz with a decent case size

Pretty good except for the Roman numerals.

Interesting for sure, saw it on FB, First thoughts, thunderbird/oysterquartz but at 41mm it could be just right and I’m a sucker for blue.

Love the dial, like the case, bezel - not so sure: could be a grower.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Mine says hello

Oh...

Craftsman
    Jay Chou (One of Tudor’s ambassadors) posted a video in his Instagram, so this is real.

I like the watch, but why does it look so Rolex? Maybe that is the intention...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Pretty good except for the Roman numerals.
    Agreed, I'd be interested if it had Arabics or batons.

Quote Originally Posted by sav_uk View Post
    Please report back! This looks like something I’d want to purchase so would love to know if it will be available in the UK.
    Well, I asked and they didn’t know anything at all about this specific watch. The general consensus was that as the watch selection for import to the UK is chosen by the head honcho’s at the Rolex/Tudor HQ, it may be felt that the watch wouldn’t sell well in the UK.

So, nothing very positive to report but all may not be lost, as Tudor UK may make an announcement later this year. Who knows for sure? All I know is that I’ve got my fingers crossed, as I think it looks great.

Confirmed by SJX only for China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Philippines

https://watchesbysjx.com/2020/07/tudor-royal.html

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by NCC66 View Post
    Well, I asked and they didn’t know anything at all about this specific watch. The general consensus was that as the watch selection for import to the UK is chosen by the head honcho’s at the Rolex/Tudor HQ, it may be felt that the watch wouldn’t sell well in the UK.

So, nothing very positive to report but all may not be lost, as Tudor UK may make an announcement later this year. Who knows for sure? All I know is that I’ve got my fingers crossed, as I think it looks great.
    I agree.. I think it looks great too! Keeping my fingers crossed too and really hope they sell them in the UK 🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

Journeyman
    Does anyone know if UK ADs can order items for other markets as special orders? For example, could a Tudor AD in the UK contact Tudor in Switzerland and order a Tudor Royal? (If it so happens that the model doesn’t get released in the UK)?

Thank you!

Master
    Does anyone know if UK ADs can order items for other markets as special orders? For example, could a Tudor AD in the UK contact Tudor in Switzerland and order a Tudor Royal? (If it so happens that the model doesn’t get released in the UK)?

Thank you!
    I believe that back in the day when Tudor was not sold in the U.K. It was possible to special order Tudor watches through Rolex dealers.

So there’s a sort of a precedent for this.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by EdHughes1 View Post
    I believe that back in the day when Tudor was not sold in the U.K. It was possible to special order Tudor watches through Rolex dealers.

So there’s a sort of a precedent for this.

If they don’t eventually release this line in the UK your post gives me some hope that there might be other ways to get one of these!

Master
    If they don’t eventually release this line in the UK your post gives me some hope that there might be other ways to get one of these!
    I nearly bought a Prince Date Day from a dealer in HKG on C24 a year or so ago. It’s another China/Asia only line so there are ways to get your hands on them.

Craftsman
    The name is awful. Sounds like something Meghan and Harry would come up with. I like the dial but that’s about it I’m afraid.

I’m not sure if Tudor going after full dress watch segment is a great idea. They do tool watches so well.

Quote Originally Posted by NickGaters View Post
    I’m not sure if Tudor going after full dress watch segment is a great idea. They do tool watches so well.
    Have you looked at the Tudor catalogue recently?

Variations on 'sports'/'tool' watches are about 15% of their current offerings, as opposed to their other available lines.

(As an aside, I hadn't looked at the catalogue for a while, but there seems to have been a marked reduction in total offerings).

https://www.tudorwatch.com/en
    ______

​Jim.

It just looks like a mismatch of previous Rolex models thrown together.