timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PRS 25 open for purchase

Quote Originally Posted by ModernArrow10 View Post
    Wonderful setup. :)
    That's better. You're learning.

Master
    I'm not sure exactly but is there a change in the set-up - as in will the Shop open Longer - but the delivery be extended?

Personally, if I got my order in (and for the avoidance of doubt I won't be this time as the watches I want aren't in) - I'd be happy to wait 1 to 2 months for it.

I think what the frustration has been recently is that the shops been upon and closed within 5 or less minutes - but this seems to be when its been opening up every 2-weeks.

If say, it opened with a 30 (or a least 15) minute window - and then, only open again when the ordered watches had been sent (even if that were 4-5 weeks or longer), I think that might be more preferable then a potential of 5 minutes only.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by ModernArrow10 View Post
    Jeeez, you don't understand, do you? Just being a good fanboy and refuse every criticism like it would hurt you personally. Wonderful setup. :)
    I'm afraid it's you who doesn't understand Mr Arrow. It's a set up unlike anywhere else, and that's why most here like it. There are no fanboys here, the owner funds and runs the place as he wishes and that's fine for most. Best to read the forum widely, absorb the vibe and perhaps understanding will come to you.
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Anybody unhappy with the present arrangements, I just hope you never want to order concert tickets.

Eddie
    LOL! Very true - You do have to be patient and persistent! I apply for Glasto tickets every year and surprisingly for the last 8 years (with the help of a couple of family members) I get them each time. I, like thousands of others, are ready at the time the ticket portal opens and for about 30 - 40 minutes I log on, get kicked out, log on again and so on until we get through. The few times we miss out and whilst disappointing is really not the end of the world for us.

For me, I like the Timfactors watches and I too have missed out on the Sunday 'sale' as, like at Glastonbury, I missed the 'opening' slot. Bummer - not to worry, I found a second hand one with which I am very pleased - so much so I will probably, when funds allow, purchase another. I will go on the site and try again. If Im not successful ..............I don't mind as has already been pointed out - there are other watches out there. I also appreciate that Eddie is running the show on his own and these things take time.

I do wonder in this 'modern' world that we have become a tad impatient and are spoiled by the 'got to have it now next day delivery' option that seems to rule our purchasing choices.

Craftsman
    I quite enjoy the buying experience, anticipating 14:00 coming round checking my watch constantly, refreshing the site. Bingo it's open select item and pay. Lovely watch arrives shortly after whats not to like.

Craftsman
    The 30 minute open (see post #6) is a good move - it'll let people order some of the older models & straps without being locked out by the scrum for the new models.

I'll probably try for Baby Speedbird and move on my standard sized one (which looks a little chunky on me), no rush if miss out.

I do wonder just how many people try on order - is it just a few dozen regulars grabbing everything in sight or are there hundreds?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    The setup Eddie has is just fine for the majority of us. If you don't like it then, as Eddie says, other sites are available!

I'll be ordering a strap from Eddie when his shop opens. It'll be low priority for him compared with the orders he'll get for his watches. I'll probably have to wait till he's shipped all his watch orders. Do I mind? Certainly not! What Eddie sells is quality, and is worth waiting for.
    I second that Griswold!. I could not have said it better myself. Eddie has a way about producing wonderful watches and they happen to be the best bang for buck out there also.

Apprentice

opening

anyone know what time the ordering is opening at ?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by actionvin View Post
    anyone know what time the ordering is opening at ?
    2pm UK time.
    11pm my time here in Australia 🙄

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    There were two options, black or white dial.

R
    Ah of course, variant colour dial I'm going with black one.

Apprentice
    Hope I'm not opening up a can of worms here but does anyone know if the PRS29 will be available for order on the 2nd?Many thanks

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Murraypops View Post
    Hope I'm not opening up a can of worms here but does anyone know if the PRS29 will be available for order on the 2nd?Many thanks
    The store does say that the Air Ministry (White Dial) is in stock - although that must be very low.

Otherwise I believe its a wait on the movements - which is likely to be a longish time.

I'm intending to order the Black Dial version myself when it becomes available.

Journeyman
    timefactor website has updated the site with below updates, unfortunately it didn't mention anything about PRS-25s.

Three new 'Baby' models available from 14:00hrs British Summer Time
    on Sunday 2nd August:

PRS-51 Baby Speedbird
    PRS-52 Baby Dreadnought
    PRS-68 Baby 'Willard'

I'm hopeful the new batch will still be available to order coming Sunday.
    question, if it does will the new batch with the new logo look, to be purchase through this link (the previous batch version) https://www.timefactors.com/prs25black.htm
    Last edited by billa84; 31st July 2020 at 02:32.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by billa84 View Post
    timefactor website has updated the site with below updates, unfortunately it didn't mention anything about PRS-25s.

Three new 'Baby' models available from 14:00hrs British Summer Time
    on Sunday 2nd August:

PRS-51 Baby Speedbird
    PRS-52 Baby Dreadnought
    PRS-68 Baby 'Willard'

question, if it does will the new batch with the new logo look, to be purchase through this link (the previous batch version) https://www.timefactors.com/prs25black.htm
    asking the exact same questions i was going to make a post about, will be highly disappointed if its the same block Smiths logo

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sk2k View Post
    asking the exact same questions i was going to make a post about, will be highly disappointed if its the same block Smiths logo
    Hi Eddie, appreciate if you could clarify this, as I believe a lot of Smith's fans boys can't wait to get the new PRS 25 on their wrist. Thanks

Craftsman
    Hi Eddie, appreciate if you could clarify this, as I believe a lot of Smith's fans boys can't wait to get the new PRS 25 on their wrist. Thanks
    I am not Eddie, but from one of his previous post's the new batch of PRS-25's are due in August and he did post also that they will have the new Smith's logo. I don't think they will be available on Sunday but one never knows. I personally am waiting for the Navigator to become available.

I don’t understand what makes you hopeful.

Didn’t Eddie say just four days ago that he very much doubts it and that he doesn’t yet have a firm date? Have I missed more recent news?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post

Didn’t Eddie say just four days ago that he very much doubts it and that he doesn’t yet have a firm date? Have I missed more recent news?
    Yes, he's not anticipating delivery of a new batch of prs 25's until August at the earliest. So they won't be available this coming Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by colin t View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SussexScots View Post
    Yes, he's not anticipating delivery of a new batch of prs 25's until August at the earliest. So they won't be available this coming Sunday.

Indeed, and the fact that it's still "SOLD OUT" on the website is also an itty bitty clue. Still, if Eddie opens for 30 minutes on Sunday the resulting 4 weeks of packing and posting orders means the 25 might be available when he opens again in September.
    F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    Het sop is de kool niet waard.

In the grand scheme of things this is quite unimportant, luxury goods you might not get your hands on and might have to wait for a bit longer.

Eddie is Eddie, a great guy who just says it as it is, no room for snowflake customers ;)
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

I don't have any of the 36mm PRS-25 and delivery is still on track for August, although I don't have an exact date. I don't chase the manufacturer, I trust him to work as fast as he can and I don't want to rush him and compromise quality control.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Journeyman
    I don't have any of the 36mm PRS-25 and delivery is still on track for August, although I don't have an exact date. I don't chase the manufacturer, I trust him to work as fast as he can and I don't want to rush him and compromise quality control.

Eddie
    Thanks for clarifying Eddie, I might have missed your previous posts on prs25 not due till August.
    I will keep waiting till it is available ☺️

Apprentice
    Hi, i want to ask something. PRS-25 is it suitable for swimming? Not diving :) Mine max. diving depth is 10 meter. But i was wondering can i use PRS-25 in swimming pool, sea and bath.

I know PRS-25 have screw down crown but confusing about 10ATM WR.

Thanks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi21 View Post
    Hi, i want to ask something. PRS-25 is it suitable for swimming? Not diving :) Mine max. diving depth is 10 meter. But i was wondering can i use PRS-25 in swimming pool, sea and bath.

Thanks.
    10atm is 100m; it should be fine for general swimming

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Journeyman

Thanks.
    I have been swimming with my 'first generation' PRS25 and it was fine. I wouldn't take it (or any other watch I was fond of) into a jacuzzi/sauna/stream room, however.

I have a fifteen quid Casio that gets gym duty and that stuff.

Just get involved in the forums more guys. Get your 250 posts and after the mad rush to be first these new models will all show up in SC from time to time.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    10atm is 100m; it should be fine for general swimming

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by SussexScots View Post
    I have been swimming with my 'first generation' PRS25 and it was fine. I wouldn't take it (or any other watch I was fond of) into a jacuzzi/sauna/stream room, however.

I have a fifteen quid Casio that gets gym duty and that stuff.

Thanks for your response

Journeyman

Thanks.
    I've used mine in a spa baths type place in Budapest. It was submerged for hours at a time in anything from 20 - 50 degree mineral water, blasted with water jets and subjected to a sauna and an ice room all in the same day.

The watch was absolutely fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
    I've used mine in a spa baths type place in Budapest. It was submerged for hours at a time in anything from 20 - 50 degree mineral water, blasted with water jets and subjected to a sauna and an ice room all in the same day.

I would never do that to my watch but I am glad someone is doing it, so I know it can take it.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

wrt all the comments re buying: I find the process an amusing challenge - it adds to the distinctiveness of the new piece too!
    Last edited by Stuart; 4th August 2020 at 00:05.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    I would never do that to my watch but I am glad someone is doing it, so I know it can take it.
    As far as I'm concerned, I would fully expect any other well maintained 100m+ WR watch to cope with the conditions I subjected my Everest to, on that day. I don't think there is any reason to expect anything less.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by DennisK View Post

Wow. Great test I am relieved. Thanks.

Master
    I've swam with mine and worn it in the shower with no issues.

It's rather ironic that there's been so much nit picking and pedantry about various details of the 36mm version this watch, yet the one thing that would have vastly improved it, 18mm lug width, is present on the "Baby" Deadnought, which itself might be better with 20mm lugs rather than 18mm.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    It's rather ironic that there's been so much nit picking and pedantry about various details of the 36mm version this watch, yet the one thing that would have vastly improved it, 18mm lug width, is present on the "Baby" Deadnought, which itself might be better with 20mm lugs rather than 18mm.
    The 1016 has 20mm lugs.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd;[URL="tel:5500776"
    5500776[/URL]]The 1016 has 20mm lugs.
    Indeed, just shows nothings perfect.
    F.T.F.A.

Apprentice
    I can't find where should i share prs-25 photos. Sorry if inappropriate.

ig : https://instagram.com/kiwiwatch

I can't find where should i share prs-25 photos. Sorry if inappropriate.

ig : https://instagram.com/kiwiwatch

Super shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Cant wait for the next order day to come; I need the Everest so badly

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    The 1016 has 20mm lugs.
    I didn't know that. I always (for some reason) thought that they were 19mm. 20mm for a 36mm watch is very respectful, especially for the time.

PRS 25 open for purchase

Does anybody (Eddie?) have any mock-ups/pictures of the new Everest black dial, with the alternative logo on it, please?

TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by fm.tz; 30th August 2020 at 23:04.

Quote Originally Posted by fm.tz View Post
    Does anybody (Eddie?) have any mock-ups/pictures of the new Everest black dial, with the alternative logo on it, please?

TZ-UK mobile app
    I'll post pictures as soon as I get the watches, meanwhile here's a mock-up. Obviously, with "England" underneath the logo "Great Britain" isn't needed beneath the 6.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Is the 40mm version staying as is?

Chris.

Sent from my Nokia 9 using Tapatalk

Wow it's gorgeous... WANTED !
    I'll post pictures as soon as I get the watches, meanwhile here's a mock-up. Obviously, with "England" underneath the logo "Great Britain" isn't needed beneath the 6.

Eddie
    Sent from my MI MAX 2 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by chris2982 View Post
    Is the 40mm version staying as is?

Chris.

Post #25 here - there won’t be anymore once the current batch sells out....

The 40mm Everest Thread
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne;[URL="tel:5518894"
    5518894[/URL]]I'll post pictures as soon as I get the watches, meanwhile here's a mock-up. Obviously, with "England" underneath the logo "Great Britain" isn't needed beneath the 6.

Eddie

That’s the winner right there! All of the variants and tweaks have lead to the perfect TF watch. Congratulations Eddie.

Agree, that's the one, the logo really brings it all together.

PRS 25 open for purchase

Eddie
    Thank you for the image.

Wow! I was worried it wouldn't look as good as the Mk2 but, damn, that's a pretty watch.

TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    Post #25 here - there won’t be anymore once the current batch sells out....

The 40mm Everest Thread
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Thanks for that

Chris.

Thought I’d post this comparison. I personally much prefer the new Face.

(If anyone knows how to upload hi-res images from within the Forum’s App, please do let me know).Attachment 18213

TZ-UK mobile app