closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PRS 25 open for purchase

Journeyman

PRS 25 open for purchase

Hi Folks, can someone confirm the newer batch of PRS 25 going to be available to purchase coming Sunday? I have been waiting for more than 2 mth now.

Master
    I maybe wrong but when I bought mine in March of this year, the process was. Decide which version , select add to basket and then a message came up stating when Eddies store would open. In my case 2 pm on a Sunday two weeks ahead. You then just need to be quick, go on on the dot of two , or as soon as the site opens and checkout quickly. If you start browsing and reviewing your options don't be surprised if the site sells out. 5 mins is about. And remember you will have to key in all your details address payment etc which all takes time

Good luck, its worth the wait the watches are lovely.

Steve

I also want the PRS-25 but not badly enough to get into that scrum on Sunday and then have to wait up to two weeks for delivery. However I think the OP's question is whether there will be and 25s available to buy.

I very much doubt it. Whilst they are due in August I don't yet have a firm date.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I also want the PRS-25 but not badly enough to get into that scrum on Sunday and then have to wait up to two weeks for delivery. However I think the OP's question is whether there will be and 25s available to buy.

It's hardly a scrum. You go online and order a watch, you either complete the order or were too slow. Several minutes sat in front of a screen.
    F.T.F.A.

I'll leave it open for 30 minutes on Sunday and then I expect up to 4 weeks for shipping.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

....then wait to see whether your order is actually an order or you'll be disappointed to get an email to say there wasn't enough stock. Then you have to wait for more stock and for the shop to re-open and do it all again. You may / may not be successful on this occasion too.

If you do manage to order successfully but are one of the last orders through in the ten minute window, you won't get your watch for up to two weeks. Or, even worse, you could wait up to four weeks after this Sunday's opening.

Each to their own but that's not a buying experience I'm interested in. Feels like a scrum to me.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    It's hardly a scrum. You go online and order a watch, you either complete the order or were too slow. Several minutes sat in front of a screen.
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 27th July 2020 at 10:45.

You're aware that there's an easier option for Eddie.

He could hike prices until demand equals supply.

....then wait to see whether your order is actually an order or you'll be disappointed to get an email to say there wasn't enough stock. Then you have to wait for more stock and for the shop to re-open and do it all again. You may / may not be successful on this occasion too.

If you do manage to order successfully but are one of the last orders through in the ten minute window, you won't get your watch for up to two weeks. Or, even worse, you could wait up to four weeks after this Sunday's opening.

Each to their own but that's not a buying experience I'm interested in. Feels like a scrum to me.
    Wellll that's one less competition for the TF checkout bonanza. I'll take it.

Oh well, some you win - some you don't.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Look at it like going on holiday. The airline informs you that the flight departs at 1400 hrs but you decide not to turn up until 1415 hrs...

Eddie

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I'll leave it open for 30 minutes on Sunday and then I expect up to 4 weeks for shipping.

Eddie
    I thought the new batch are already re-stock and ready to ship out to clients as soon as it is open this Sunday.
    4 weeks for shipping time is bit of bummer, since shipping cost are charged at a premium shipping cost.

Journeyman
    Yeah correct, my understanding is that after it has been sold out for several mth, and when website ready to take the watch orders, I presume it is available for purchase.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    I maybe wrong but when I bought mine in March of this year, the process was. Decide which version , select add to basket and then a message came up stating when Eddies store would open. In my case 2 pm on a Sunday two weeks ahead. You then just need to be quick, go on on the dot of two , or as soon as the site opens and checkout quickly. If you start browsing and reviewing your options don't be surprised if the site sells out. 5 mins is about. And remember you will have to key in all your details address payment etc which all takes time

Good luck, its worth the wait the watches are lovely.

Steve
    Sorry I thought there is only 1 version of 25s isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by billa84 View Post
    I thought the new batch are already re-stock and ready to ship out to clients as soon as it is open this Sunday.
    4 weeks for shipping time is bit of bummer, since shipping cost are charged at a premium shipping cost.
    It is 'up to 4 weeks for shipping'.

There's only so many orders Eddie can process in a day.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Sorry I thought there is only 1 version of 25s isn't it?
    There were two options, black or white dial.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Apprentice
    from post 4 - it looks like they are due to be delivered to Eddie in August but no fixed date, so the 4 weeks likely is to cover for this?

I don’t think Eddie takes orders unless he had the watches in his possession, but I could be wrong?
    My understanding is that the PRS-25’s are due to be delivered to Eddie in August, but then he will need to open the shop again to take orders for them...?
    But there’s only one person who can confirm that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Will the new black dial version have the same logo as on the navigator prototypes?

I have the 3 "Baby" watches in stock and ready to ship. I can process 15 orders a day maximum so if I get 300 orders, that's 20 days to ship them all, working 10 hours a day including weekends. It took 7 weeks to ship the Dreadnoghts in 2003 and nobody complained.

I don't understand how people are willing to back a watch on Kickstarter and then wait up to a year after payment but bitch and moan about waiting up to 4 weeks. If you're not prepared to wait, then don't order.

I can't get anyone in to help because we can't maintain social distancing in my office and my wife can't help because she's disabled and not mobile

Eddie

I have the 3 "Baby" watches in stock and ready to ship. I can process 15 orders a day maximum so if I get 300 orders, that's 20 days to ship them all, working 10 hours a day including weekends. It took 7 weeks to ship the Dreadnoghts in 2003 and nobody complained.

I don't understand how people are willing to back a watch on Kickstarter and then wait up to a year after payment but bitch and moan about waiting up to 4 weeks. If you're not prepared to wait, then don't order.

I can't get anyone in to help because we can't maintain social distancing in my office and my wife can't help because she's disabled and not mobile

Eddie
    Don't think it's just the 4 weeks, it's the opening and closing of your store some people don't like. You could always leave open but make it clear delivery would be in 3 or 6 months or whatever it takes to work through the orders.

Ultimately (and obviously though) you do as you see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Don't think it's just the 4 weeks, it's the opening and closing of your store some people don't like. You could always leave open but make it clear delivery would be in 3 or 6 months or whatever it takes to work through the orders.

Ultimately (and obviously though) you do as you see fit.
    Other watch websites are available.

Eddie

For the love of God, can everyone stop whingeing.

Just relax. And be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    For the love of God, can everyone stop whinging.

Just relax. And be patient.
    If aimed at me, I'm not after a watch and don't really care.

Master
    I really find it rich that folk beef about 2/4 four weeks delivery on a watch like the PRS25. Mine came after abour 10 days, and I was happy with that.Have a look at the incoming thread to see numerous comments, “ its here after a two year wait” ect. The latest 321 movement Omega is virtually sold out, Ming watches all sell out, even Tudor BB58’s Blues are on back order. Just the other day someone advised On here the new Sinn U50 is on a 12 week delivery promise.

So if you want one , get tapping the keys on the appointed day, everyone is in with a shout, Eddie doesn't ask you spend £2500 at Timefactors before you can have a PRS25, so just suck it up and stop telling him how to run his business.

Rant over,

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    If aimed at me, I'm not after a watch and don't really care.
    I don't think anyone is intentionally winding Eddie up, least of all you.

People love his watches and they get impatient. They're very keen, which is a position that many companies would like to be in.

So it's a positive thing, in a way.

People love his watches and they get impatient. They're very keen, which is a position that many companies would like to be in.

True enough!

Master
    For the love of God, can everyone stop whingeing.
    Sadly no, it seems to have become the number 1 pastime in the last couple of decades.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    I really find it rich that folk beef about 2/4 four weeks delivery on a watch like the PRS25. Mine came after abour 10 days, and I was happy with that.Have a look at the incoming thread to see numerous comments, “ its here after a two year wait” ect. The latest 321 movement Omega is virtually sold out, Ming watches all sell out, even Tudor BB58’s Blues are on back order. Just the other day someone advised On here the new Sinn U50 is on a 12 week delivery promise.

So if you want one , get tapping the keys on the appointed day, everyone is in with a shout, Eddie doesn't ask you spend £2500 at Timefactors before you can have a PRS25, so just suck it up and stop telling him how to run his business.

Rant over,
    Your saying what I’m thinking...

Journeyman

True but many companies tends to hear customer voices, as they bring the money, and their opinion then try to find the common path. Everybody admits Eddie is working hard and offer quality timepieces but who admits the customer feedback? I believe that is why many would-like-to-be customer is complaining.
    Peace.

Wow.

Other watch websites are available.

Eddie

Craftsman

Eddie
    Totally understood Eddie. I appreciate the time and energy you put into TimeFactors. I agree about the KickStarter issue. I have backed the Timor Heritage field watch in March and it won't be ready until late November early December so I have no issue with waiting up to 4 weeks for an order, there is only so much one person can do. Thanks Eddie.

Apprentice
    I'm happy waiting just however long it takes for shipping. Especially with all the added complications from C19.

Just hope to be fast enough on the day, but had lots of practice with PPT (planet pocket tool) to get quick or not get too sad when I miss out.

Best of luck to all when the time comes.

Master
    I have the 3 "Baby" watches in stock and ready to ship.
    Eddie
    Are we just going to let that juicy nugget go!!??

Master

Eddie
    Good point - well made

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Are we just going to let that juicy nugget go!!??
    Well, I’m not!

Can’t blooming wait. My bank account would probably rather I did though.

As for all the teaching Eddie to suck eggs pish in this thread, I find it slightly bizarre. It’s all been said already so no point repeating. What I will say though is that I joined the forum only a couple of years ago and find Eddies approach refreshingly straight forward. It didn’t take me long to suss out how things work and I’m proud to say I’ve now got a couple of Timefactors watches in my collection. I wasn’t immediately successful and I had to wait a bit for one of them. So what? It’s not like he’s taken my money and disappeared into the ether.

As for anyone a bit upset at some of Eddie’s responses; what did you expect? A nice virtual cuddle?

Roll on Sunday. Typing fingers at the ready.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Hi Folks, can someone confirm the newer batch of PRS 25 going to be available to purchase coming Sunday? I have been waiting for more than 2 mth now.
    does anyone know what time they will be available? cant find any information anywhere.

Wow.
    You seem to only have negative things to say about Eddie's shop, so why not go elsewhere, as he suggests?

I have purchased two (2) under the current arrangement PRS-29A & PRS-25EXP. Both were delivered to metro Chicago in 5 days.

Don't change a thing Eddie !

Sent from my SM-G960U using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by neilF183 View Post
    Will the new black dial version have the same logo as on the navigator prototypes?
    I'm curious about this too, hope Eddie can clarify coming Sunday order batch will have the navigator "Smith" design.

I'm curious about this too, hope Eddie can clarify coming Sunday order batch will have the navigator "Smith" design.
    You'll be able to see this when they are put up on the website, before you place your order. Or not.
    F.T.F.A.

However I've only ever had great praise for his watches and straps, up there with the best around. So a good bit of balance I think. Products are fantastic, buying experience not so. My opinion and that of others too. And I have gone elsewhere and will continue to do so until such time as the service returns to what it was, which I must say was second to none.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    You seem to only have negative things to say about Eddie's shop, so why not go elsewhere, as he suggests?

And I have gone elsewhere and will continue to do so until such time as the service returns to what it was, which I must say was second to none.
    Eddie can only ship so many watches per day and that hasn’t changed since day one. What has changed is the demand for his watches has increased, so unless that changes (which I think is unlikely) we either accept how things are or go elsewhere.

R

Anybody unhappy with the present arrangements, I just hope you never want to order concert tickets.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Eddie can only ship so many watches per day and that hasn’t changed since day one. What has changed is the demand for his watches has increased, so unless that changes (which I think is unlikely) we either accept how things are or go elsewhere.

R
    Exactly.

And it isn't even a case of accepting how things are - more like being grateful that he's still running a free forum, and dealing with lockdown and illness and producing more watches.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy;[URL="tel:5490178"
    5490178[/URL]]Eddie can only ship so many watches per day and that hasn’t changed since day one. What has changed is the demand for his watches has increased, so unless that changes (which I think is unlikely) we either accept how things are or go elsewhere.

R
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega;[URL="tel:5490191"
    5490191[/URL]]Exactly.

And it isn't even a case of accepting how things are - more like being grateful that he's still running a free forum, and dealing with lockdown and illness and producing more watches.

Hear hear!
    F.T.F.A.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Hear hear!
    Jeeez, you don't understand, do you? Just being a good fanboy and refuse every criticism like it would hurt you personally. Wonderful setup. :)

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post

R
    Quote Originally Posted by ModernArrow10 View Post
    Jeeez, you don't understand, do you? Just being a good fanboy and refuse every criticism like it would hurt you personally. Wonderful setup. :)
    There are options available to you...
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by ModernArrow10 View Post
    The setup Eddie has is just fine for the majority of us. If you don't like it then, as Eddie says, other sites are available!

I'll be ordering a strap from Eddie when his shop opens. It'll be low priority for him compared with the orders he'll get for his watches. I'll probably have to wait till he's shipped all his watch orders. Do I mind? Certainly not! What Eddie sells is quality, and is worth waiting for.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.