closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: GWS Tritium G10 - Review

GWS Tritium G10 - Review

I was after a tritium watch for my collection for a number of years. Some browsing led me to a few reviews online of 'GWS' (Greens Watch Services - UK (Dorset)) doing a G10 type watch. As a G10/Smiths/CWC fan, I was intrigued and after some time I took the plunge. I have to say I am absolutely delighted with this watch. I opted for the 'Pro Diver Lithium' model. Which gets a screw down crown.

http://www.militarywatchshop.co.uk/w...diver-lithium/

Big positives for this watch;

1 - Clarity - a fantasitic basic three hander with date that is legible at an instant glance.
    2 - Perfect size - I measure about 39.5mm on the case and about 36mm on the sapphire crystal. See picture below cmpared to 2 other well knwn watches.
    3 - Tritium1 - I love the Radioactive sign, the sterile dial and the Tritium & H3 statement.
    4 - Tritium2 - Although superluminova is initially a much better lume, this GWS watch glows away dimmly and is very legible all night. I wear specs and I now use this as my night watch and I can make out the time instantly whenever I open my eyes.
    5 - Blasted case gives a great tool watch feel to the case and the crown feels very secure, well proportioned and solid engagement on the screw down
    6 - Diver strap is excellent quality. Great thickness but also comfortable.
    7 - Good quartz movement - Ronda Lithium, so battery should last a good few years. https://www.ronda.ch/en/movements/qu...caliber/715li/

Great watch, highly recommended,

Front view...

Amongst friends (wears identical to Rolex Exp II 16570 and nicely smalller than the Speedy)...

Crown

Side

Back
    Last edited by TimeThoughts; 26th July 2020 at 23:30.

I guess it's fitting that a field watch called "diver" also nods towards psychiatric medication!

Strange name aside, the watch doesn't look terrible, looks well built. Could do without the red seconds hand but that sort of thing turns plenty of people on so I'm sure it won't be an issue.

I've had the chrono version of this for just over a year, and still absolutely love it - it's one of the easiest watches to wear and use that I own - very logical and clear dial design, and it converted me to Tritium to the extent that I've actively sought it out in other brands. They need to be seen in the metal to be properly appreciated.
    It's a shame that the snobbery about quartz will put some people off, because they'll miss out on a stealth bargain of a watch.

I had a Borealis with the similar tritium tubes, based on a Marathon I think. As stated, not as bright as Luminova but a permanent glow and certainly good enough to see in the middle of the night.

Master
    Did they used to be distributors for Traser / H3?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    Did they used to be distributors for Traser / H3?
    Think they still are.

Just bumping this thread... Wondering how the op is getting on with the watch and anyone else got one?

Craftsman
    I haven't got one but did think of purchasing - same as the OP, I like CWC/Smiths (albeit not an original model) but I was after an analog watch that I could see after dark when I go camping and the tritium tubes seem to be the answer. Also, they have a good WR rating so is suitable for the odd bit of swimming when I'm away. It's a shame that they don't do a no date option to balance the dial a bit.

I had an original Traser Commander Ti and a Traser big date Chrono TI a good few years ago and really liked both (sadly long gone...terrible flipping)...also had good dealings with GWS (Traser distributer) so very tempting...really like the legibility and looks a solid watch

Quote Originally Posted by Ellietwed View Post
    Just bumping this thread... Wondering how the op is getting on with the watch and anyone else got one?
    Hello, OP here.

Yeah watch is on my wrist every single night and I use it for swimming. Its a lovely dull glow and I've noticed no diminishing of the glow in almost two years ownership.

A friend of mine bought one after he saw mine and hes happy also. He hunts at night so that works well for him.

I still think the radiation sign is cool !

If I lost mine Id buy another one that day so Id recommend.

Many thanks for the reply OP..thats great to have the recommendation...looks like I'll have to give one a go :-)