closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Odd noise from my Sub

Master

Odd noise from my Sub

Son was out football training today and I was with him. At one point the ball flew to me and struck me on the wrist, straight and hard onto the Sub that I was wearing under my sleeve. Didn't think anything of it to be honest, but sitting here now, I can hear noises from the Sub that I don't remember hearing before.

Main one is a what sounds like a rotor wobble - so if I lift my wrist and rock it backwards and forwards, I can hear what sounds like a squeak (as if something is rubbing) and sometimes what sounds like the rotor. These might be very normal, but in all the time I've had the Sub (14 years), I don't I've ever heard a sound from it - unless I was winding it or turning the bezel.

Any ideas/thoughts?

shake ir perpendicular to dial, if you hear rattling sound it mens that rotor axle has been worn and need to be replaced.

Was the sound like a "ping" in which case it could be a sonar?

Sent from my SM-A505FN using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    ^^^^
    ha ha!! Like it!

Might need a watchman to open it up diagnose any underlying issues. If it's suffered a mechanical shock there could be something that needs fixing - especially if its making some unusual noise. Sorry I can't help further. Others more knowledgeable are available

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    could be rotor, could be end links.
    Check its not the end links first by taking it off bracelet and shaking the head only with no bars in

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    could be rotor, could be end links.
    Check its not the end links first by taking it off bracelet and shaking the head only with no bars in
    Thanks. Pretty sure it’s not the end links, but will give it a try anyway. It sounded like a 7750 rotor wobble - not something I’d ever heard from a Rolex before.

I could also hear a squeak from somewhere.

I’ve taken it off now just in case I damaged it more by wearing it.

Think I’ll take it to RSC for service - just a matter of if and when I’m in London next - might be a while.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Thanks. Pretty sure it’s not the end links, but will give it a try anyway. It sounded like a 7750 rotor wobble - not something I’d ever heard from a Rolex before.

I could also hear a squeak from somewhere.

I’ve taken it off now just in case I damaged it more by wearing it.

Think I’ll take it to RSC for service - just a matter of if and when I’m in London next - might be a while.
    if St James - I think it’s closed for maintenance at the moment.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    if St James - I think it’s closed for maintenance at the moment.
    That was exactly where I had in mind. Pre-Covid I was in London quite frequently so it would have been easy to pop in and drop it off.

I was going to get it serviced anyway, this has just prompted me to do it before I wear it again.

Master
    You should never hear a 7750 rotor wobble from a Rolex.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    You should never hear a 7750 rotor wobble from a Rolex.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app
    My thoughts exactly. Any idea when RSC in St James is likely to open? I’d only want the internals service’s, no polishing the case etc. I like the small amount of wear I’ve put onto it including the slight chip in the cyclops!

Master
    I'd just call West Malling to get an idea, thought I saw somewhere that Sept' was the planned re-opening, but I'm sure by giving them a call they'll put you in the picture.