closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Now sorted: Best way to reduce the width of a solid stainless bracelet end link.

Now sorted: Best way to reduce the width of a solid stainless bracelet end link.

Hello Guys,

I need to reduce the width of a bracelet end link by 1mm to fit into the slot of the end piece which attaches to the watch case.

Whilst the bracelet is solid stainless the end piece is not and widening the slot would not leave enough metal for strength.

I'm guessing hand file or grinding wheel in Dremel or ?

Thanks, Jack
    Last edited by Jack Norman; 26th July 2020 at 15:21.

Hand file, anything spinny and you're not going to end up with a flat surface.

Hand filing is safer for sure. I took 1mm off the width of the end links on a 20mm Milanese bracelet to fit the lug width on an Orient Bambino and it worked fine...

Simon

Master
    Spoke to a chap in Rye about this. He said just to force the lugs of the watch-head apart until the bracelet fits.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Spoke to a chap in Rye about this. He said just to force the lugs of the watch-head apart until the bracelet fits.
    Had to read this twice as I thought it was a serious tip. Then laughed to myself.

Thanks for reponses guys.

Hand file got the vote so I had ago and it worked a treat.

Thanks again, Jack.

Why not file them?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Why not file them?
    A chisel would do the job quicker.

Master
    I know that was said with tongue firmly in cheek, but I once bought a Seiko Arnie with the opposite problem - the previous owner had put the lugs in a vice all because the only springbar he had was too short.