closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some advice required

Just to echo what others have said, you don't sound sufficiently convinced for either imo. Even if I was screamingly wealthy I wouldn't be dropping that much on a watch unless I was 'sure enough'. Best off waiting and see how you feel in a month or so.

Blog Entries
    Did you have an option to try the AP RO Chrono - which has the new developed movement? Perhaps more straight comparison to the VC Chrono?

Even though I am in receipt of a AP ROO non-Chrono soon, I much prefer that VC Chrono out of those two - but like the VC Panda Chrono even more!

I would not be pressed into a purchase and there are sources for discounts if you are willing to wait.

OP: I’ve just re-read your post. From what you have written I would guess your heart is set on the VC.

Try this thought experiment: Imagine you owned the VC and you were forced to swap it for the AP. How would you feel?

Martyn
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 26th July 2020 at 16:19.

Craftsman
    Thanks folks, never thought this would be so one sided. Lol.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Did you have an option to try the AP RO Chrono - which has the new developed movement? Perhaps more straight comparison to the VC Chrono?

Even though I am in receipt of a AP ROO non-Chrono soon, I much prefer that VC Chrono out of those two - but like the VC Panda Chrono even more!

I would not be pressed into a purchase and there are sources for discounts if you are willing to wait.

OP: I’ve just re-read your post. From what you have written I would guess your heart is set on the VC.

Try this thought experiment: Imagine you owned the VC and you were forced to swap it for the AP. How would you feel?

Martyn
    Martyn, i think the VC is more what i like to see in a watch where the ROO is more my every day style for jeans and trainers. If i was really pressed for a decision today then it would be the VC however i will dwell on it as i would likely wear the AP more. Its just hard getting past the quality of that VC.

I have tried a few AP’s on now. I liked that new blue dial version of the 42mm with the 3/6/9 silver sub duals but the lack of a ceramic bezel stopped me going for it but now im glad i did. If its a ROO then likely to be the 44mm as it just felt better on my wrist.

I think if the right deal came along for either then I would go one way or the other as its that close. A good deal on either AP or VC seem few and far between.
    Last edited by markyboy.1967; 26th July 2020 at 16:59.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    Martyn, i think the VC is more what i like to see in a watch where the ROO is more my every day style for jeans and trainers. If i was really pressed for a decision today then it would be the VC however i will dwell on it as i would likely wear the AP more. Its just hard getting past the quality of that VC.
    That’s what’s great about the VC though. I wear mine on bracelet to work normally, wear the rubber strap with my jeans and casual (though I also wear the rubber to work sometimes, shirt and chinos) and the leather to restaurants in the evening sometimes, though I also wear the other two straps. All three options just work for me anytime. That said the blue AP’s are quite stunning too.

Craftsman

This was the watch i wanted however with it being so new and not in stock then i wasn’t getting a penny off it- it was a straight “No”. The one i tried looked great to my eyes and with a discount available it was swaying me but at this price its more about getting the correct watch and i wasn’t expecting the VC to be as nice as it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    From an uneducated perspective it’s the VC by a mile.

Craftsman
    OP

Remember the VC can has multiple strap options that can change it how it looks.

Have you tried it on with the other options?

Craftsman
    Were it a shoot out between a Royal Oak Chrono and the VC I’d choose the RO. given it’s an Offshore I’d say with no hesitation that the VC looks miles better. The VC is way more versatile than the Offshore and blends elegance with sportiness. You can wear that thing almost anywhere. I suppose a lot of it comes down to what’s sitting in your collection today, however. It may be that the Offshore fills a gap for you better than the VC. Lovely problem to have though!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    My collection consists of-

Zenith Defy El Primero 21
    Grand Seiko SBGA231(black)
    Tudor Pelagos ( blue)
    Parmigiani Tonda Metrographe (silver/white)
    Bremont Alt1 WT( white)
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300m( Silver wave dial)

Master
    So you already have a blue dial (VC) but no grey dial (AP)......

Banned
    Blog Entries

This was the watch i wanted however with it being so new and not in stock then i wasn’t getting a penny off it- it was a straight “No”. The one i tried looked great to my eyes and with a discount available it was swaying me but at this price its more about getting the correct watch and i wasn’t expecting the VC to be as nice as it was.

Personally, when spending that sort of money I choose exactly the one I want without compromise. My choice would be the above ROO - and that is from a no great fan of the brand.

Master
    My collection consists of-

Zenith Defy El Primero 21
    Grand Seiko SBGA231(black)
    Tudor Pelagos ( blue)
    Parmigiani Tonda Metrographe (silver/white)
    Bremont Alt1 WT( white)
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300m( Silver wave dial)
    That's a fine collection. You don't need a new watch...

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Personally, when spending that sort of money I choose exactly the one I want without compromise. My choice would be the above ROO - and that is from a no great fan of the brand.
    I'd agree with that.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    The voice of reason.

Blog Entries

Isn't that one is Ti and £31,400 at that price range - maybe wait to get the one you want rather than get one because it is in stock? Also - I think it's 42mm - you were after a 44mm?
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 26th July 2020 at 18:48.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FHKJ View Post
    The voice of reason.

Not often said in the context of my posts!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Isn't that one is Ti and £31,400 at that price range - maybe wait to get the one you want rather than get one because it is in stock? Also - I think it's 42mm - you were after a 44mm?
    Martyn, that is the new 44mm, they did it full ceramic but I prefer the titanium with the ceramic bezel This one I have only seem online, the other was lovely in the flesh but if it’s anything like I think then this would be the one if I go AP. The discount on the other is nice but in my heart I wanted to see the new AP before deciding however with no discount IT above my comfortable limit( in my head it has taken months to go around the £20-£26k area. Anyway I’m not in a hurry so will keep searching.

Blog Entries
    Martyn, that is the new 44mm, they did it full ceramic but I prefer the titanium with the ceramic bezel This one I have only seem online, the other was lovely in the flesh but if it’s anything like I think then this would be the one if I go AP. The discount on the other is nice but in my heart I wanted to see the new AP before deciding however with no discount IT above my comfortable limit( in my head it has taken months to go around the £20-£26k area. Anyway I’m not in a hurry so will keep searching.
    :thumbs up: ah yes - I can see the new model 44mm. I guess you tried the AP RO (not ROO) - as there is a model very close to the VC

Craftsman
    I haven’t tried the RO as although I like them the ROO was the one I liked the look of. I do know the design history etc etc but the ROO just felt right.

Master
    ROO for me. I find the 44’s very comfortable and perfect for weekend with shorts/T-shirt and jeans etc

With the ceramic bezel they do not scratch up at all and always look as new. The white metal ROO versions go very much under the radar so in my view it would actually be less ‘bling’ than the VC.

That Ti version is also very flexible on strap colours as well. Black, white, red and camo all work really, really well with it. It’s also relatively light if that is an issue so no issues on wearability.

Master
    VC will get more love overall on the forum and the AP ROOC is a bit more marmite, I’ll go for AP!

Master
    I'd agree with choosing what you like best but, given how often some flip watches on here, any depreciation would have to be a factor unless you're sure it's a keeper or the money doesn't matter. The VC is classier and much more under the radar which also appeals to me.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    I'd agree with choosing what you like best but, given how often some flip watches on here, any depreciation would have to be a factor unless you're sure it's a keeper or the money doesn't matter. The VC is classier and much more under the radar which also appeals to me.
    The VC is supplied with heavy discounts in the trade.
    The AP isn't.
    The VC is Richemont
    The AP isn't.
    The VC would need to be a keeper or its bath time IMO.