closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: To be or not to be?

Master

To be or not to be?

That is indeed the question. I have read somewhere on here that Seiko aren’t what they used to be. Opinions gratefully received as I don’t want to make a mistake.

https://www.grand-seiko.com/uk-en/collections/sbga407g

GS universally liked here, my only struggle is the thickness, 12.8mm is a bit steep for this type of watch, but that is of course only my humble opinion.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    That is indeed the question. I have read somewhere on here that Seiko aren’t what they used to be. Opinions gratefully received as I don’t want to make a mistake.

The regular Seiko brand is possibly having a bit of a wobble, with prices going up and QC still not always up to snuff. Grand Seiko I’ve not heard any bad things about though, indeed I heard on the grapevine once that GS are a bit annoyed that the regular Seiko line brings down their brand image.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post

I think most criticism is about prices increasing for the main Seiko brand.

There are some known QC issues (chapter ring alignment for example) which are harder to swallow at a higher price point.

I think generally all prices have gone way up for many brands without many significant step ups in quality. Even clocks have shot up in price if you shop hodinkee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    For me all the reissues and pricing seems a lot ott imo.

I know some brands vintage pieces are so scarce and hugely expensive and so out of the range of most average Joes,but not many Seikos fall into that catagory,so for that reason id choose the genuine version of Seikos over their reissues.....just my view,you may think different.

6105 & 62Mas as an example.....that vintage feel is good over new.

And then we have all the homages to the homages on offer then!!.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 25th July 2020 at 14:11.