closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Complete the three...

Blog Entries

Complete the three...

I’ve got an incoming which will complete the set: PP; VC and now AP. It had been a ride but maybe now is a time to quit this gravy train. I do have some lower tier stuff - Breitling; Omega; Rolex to play with. I may play the game more. Others intrigue me: JLC; Zenith for example have some interesting pieces.

Will the ride ever end?

The new piece hasn’t arrived yet, so obviously no pics.

M

Did you get the AP on SC? If so congratulations.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Did you get the AP on SC? If so congratulations.

I suspect the ride will only end when you find a different ride i.e. something else to spend your money on.

In the meantime enjoy the ride you're on.

You also IMHO have the best examples of all three marques, congratulations on completing the trinity!

Maybe a Lange next?

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I do have some lower tier stuff - Breitling; Omega; Rolex to play with.

M
    A sneer at the lower tier. Oh dear. What tier does that make the ‘stuff’ beneath the ‘stuff’ residing in the lower tier?

Quote Originally Posted by 11erv View Post
    A sneer at the lower tier. Oh dear. What tier does that make the ‘stuff’ beneath the ‘stuff’ residing in the lower tier?
    He wasn’t sneering. Martyn isn’t that sort of person. He’s just happy to get a lovely new watch!

I’m chuffed for him, and look forward to hearing all about it at the next vGTG on Thursday (you are very welcome to join us...it’s open to all TZ)

Blog Entries
    No sneer - just using industry classifications - not sure how accurate it is though! I’m sure there has been some shuffling in the lower ranks.

No sneer - just using industry classifications - not sure how accurate it is though! I’m sure there has been some shuffling in the lower ranks.

Doubt those are industry classifications, probably just been made up as someone on here might do.

I will never dare to show any of my collection again :(

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Doubt those are industry classifications, probably just been made up as someone on here might do.
    Indeed. That table is a load of nonsense, in particular the reference to holding value. Massive generalisation in pictorial form.

Master
    Anyone can play this game, simply select the right criteria to get the result you want. For instance, put ‘durability’ as the top criteria.....or ease of servicing.

That diagram (which I see is hosted at the exquisitely named luxurymenwatchesbymiles.com) speaks to an obvious sense of refinement, good taste, and aesthetic sensibility on the part of its creator. The colours, shapes and fonts are simply inspired.

But I own to a little confusion: what “industry classifications” exactly?

Congratulations on having a watch from three of the most prestigious watch houses although I don’t agree with the tier watch pyramid at all.

bugger me, funny how one small misplaced comment is taken so badly.

I am 100% sure Martyn meant no offence at all, come on all and breathe

Look forward to the SOTC Martyn, lovely models you've got there

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    I suspect the ride will only end when you find a different ride i.e. something else to spend your money on.

In the meantime enjoy the ride you're on.
    Excellent and very true statement....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Complete the three...

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    I will never dare to show any of my collection again :(
    Firstly, congratulations Martyn on completing the trinity. I am sure we would all love to but most never will.

Will leave my SOTC collection until I win the lottery, my collection of lower tier, basement and below watches have no place on here.

Said with tongue in cheek as I really don’t care if other don’t like or rate what I have, I like them.

This chart is nothing to do with industry, i don’t know Martyn but I am sure it wasn’t meant as a sneer, however there are ways of describing and it read as just that too me too. Even the chart doesn’t call anything “lower tier” to avoid being derogatory to the brands the “lower tier” in question are referred to as Luxury.

Only MHO.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by TonyAFC8; 25th July 2020 at 09:38.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyAFC8 View Post
    Firstly, congratulations Martin on completing the trinity. I am sure we would all love to but most never will.

Will leave my SOTC collection until I win the lottery, my collection of lower tier, basement and below watches have no place on here.

Said with tongue in cheek as I really don’t care if other don’t like or rate what I have, I like them.

This chart is nothing to do with industry, i don’t know Martin but I am sure it wasn’t meant as a sneer, however there are ways of describing and it read as just that too me too. Even the chart doesn’t call anything “lower tier” to avoid being derogatory to the brands the “lower tier” in question are referred to as Luxury.

Only MHO.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    nearly all members here have a love of watches, all shapes and all sizes, all price points. Some are lucky to own some top end complications, but all of us own excellent watches regardless of price points, today im wearing my white dialed Seiko FF mod on a nato thats 2 mm too small because it just feels better, tomorrow i may give my PP an airing, point is we all love watches regardless of price point (Martyn included) so get your SOTC out because its what makes the forum so enjoyable, diverse taste, models i might never have seen before from all price points and a constant education in a hobby we all quite like.

The table above is tongue in cheek and provocative and i don't doubt that's why it was posted because in the main its a load of rubbish

Master
    Congrats martyn, I think you just beat me to the punch on Greg’s AP

Master
    If I was in that league and looking for something I'd never had before, I'd be looking at some of the lower volume makers. I really like FP Journe. But for now, you've got by some super watches Martyn

Sent from my SM-A405FN using TZ-UK mobile app

Well done Martyn, quite an achievement.

Where's Seiko and Casio on that table. All those people on here wearing unofficially recognised brands.

We obviously need another table to sweep up the rest. Today I will be wearing my Poundstretchers entry level CWC

Thank God I bought the Zenith instead of the Breitling, that would have been an embarrassing faux pas down the pedalo club.

Anyway, back on topic, well done Martyn, a nice trio!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Well done Martyn, quite an achievement.

Where's Seiko and Casio on that table. All those people on here wearing unofficially recognised brands.

We obviously need another table to sweep up the rest. Today I will be wearing my Poundstretchers entry level CWC
    Yes, and where are the shopping channel watches?

Any chance of pictures of the watches currently in you collection Martyn?

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Apologies Martyn, my comment was intended to be ‘tongue in cheek’. I spend my time shuffling in the lower ranks these days, mostly, so I will look forward to seeing the third member of the trinity when it arrives.

Apologies Martyn, my comment was intended to be ‘tongue in cheek’. I spend my time shuffling in the lower ranks these days, mostly, so I will look forward to seeing the third member of the trinity when it arrives.
    Somewhat bizarrely, I seem to get most pleasure these days from wearing my 2 cheapest watches (a Tuna and a W10).

Anyway, nice one, Martyn. I managed the same achievement and for a short while at least it gave me some sense of satisfaction. They're all fine watches, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Indeed. That table is a load of nonsense, in particular the reference to holding value. Massive generalisation in pictorial form.
    Hublot and UN are soooo known for keeping their value.....

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk

Master
    Congrats Martyn, quite an achievement. I am also being drawn to Zenith...always wanted one but have resisted so far!

Look forward to the pics of all three together.

Blog Entries
    I agree that pyramids can perhaps be misleading and cause discussions (shall we say). Here is one that seems to be based on cost:

Congratulations on getting the big three! Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    Any chance of pictures of the watches currently in you collection Martyn?

sure. Some pics taken before

This one arrives soon

It’s taken many years of switching and trading to reach this point. Let see what the next N years brings.
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 25th July 2020 at 12:27.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Somewhat bizarrely, I seem to get most pleasure these days from wearing my 2 cheapest watches (a Tuna and a W10).
    Isn’t it about time that you moved that W10 on, Tony??

Isn’t it about time that you moved that W10 on, Tony??
    No, John.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    That watch hierachy is a nonsense.
    Lovely AP though.

Congratulations Martyn.👍

That’s your wrist wear sorted for this weeks GTG.😀

Be interested to hear how you think it wears compared to the VC.

Is anything leaving the collection?

Master
    Enjoy the watches and I do like the AP
    Not sure about the 'what an achievement.' baloney though.
    It's not climbing the North face of the Eiger.
    Watch is for sale then man pays money for a watch and owns the watch(unless it's a PP).

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post

Anyway, nice one, Martyn. I managed the same achievement and for a short while at least it gave me some sense of satisfaction. They're all fine watches, for sure.
    It's a funny thing Tone that often when people have sated themselves on luxury it can be very refreshing to come down a few grades or even leave that stupid pyramid for more prosaic watches that can give often as much pleasure and can be worn anywhere at anytime.

BTW well done on your achievement Martyn.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

If the goal of your collecting was to get 3 great pieces, then we’ll done, you have
    Can’t agree with first pyramid though!

LOL, what happened with the promises to the wife and embargo on buying and selling!?!

Congratulations on the incoming, my favourite 'high end diver' - I hope you are still alive to enjoy it before the wife kills you. lol.

sure.

It’s taken many years of switching and trading to reach this point. Let see what the next N years brings.
    Thanks. Bet its been an interesting journey and I'm sure it's not over yet.

Master
    I’m glad you’re completing the three and not going down to three! I tried that recently and it didn’t work. I went from 6 to 5 to 4 to ... and I’ve been looking to increase ever since!

That’s 3 really great watches you’ll have - addressing appropriate wrist time for each will be your hardest part I’d imagine. I’ve considered an AP for a while now, so am waiting for one of your reviews (Your 4500 review forced me to part with my cash) :-)