closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Where to get an STP 1-11 movement checked and regulated?

Where to get an STP 1-11 movement checked and regulated?

I know we have several members who are expert watch repairers, but I do not know who may be able to do this for me. I have a new (2019) watch which has run from +2 to -32 seconds per day out of the box over an 8 week period, never consistent, and always, to me, annoying. If anyone has any suggested and recommended names, I would be very grateful to hear them. I used Steve at Ryte Time for years until he retired and now have to search for a new Maestro!

Grand Master
    I love these posts where advice is sought, but the poster gives the bare minimum of information, if it was like the old days of posting ads in the local paper and paying per word I could understand it!

I’ve spent 5 minutes looking this movement up, I’d never heard of it. Turns out its a Swiss made ETA 2824 clone so it should be straightforward.

A 2019 watch should still be under warranty. OP doesn’t state the manufacturer ( another omission) but surely that’s where his complaint should be lodged.

My gut feel is that the watch isn’t lubricated properly, after a full stripdown, clean and lubrication it’ll probably be fine.
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 24th July 2020 at 20:10.

It's a well known movement, and the OP asked if anyone knew anyone who out check it and regulate it. sorry, I don't personally have experience of having a watch with this movement serviced. The brand of watch is of less concern.
    It's just a matter of time...

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    It's a well known movement, and the OP asked if anyone knew anyone who out check it and regulate it. sorry, I don't personally have experience of having a watch with this movement serviced. The brand of watch is of less concern.
    If someone’s going to offer to work on it the brand is a concern, I don’t get involved with stuff if I think there may be problems.

Even getting the caseback off can be an issue, its a mistake to assume all repairers are happy to work on everything. As an example, I don’t have a decent quality set of openers for Breitlings, I have some cheap aluminium ones that will struggle with an overtightened caseback. If a manufacturer has used a weird and wonderful design that needs a special opener, that’s a problem.

The more info provided, the better. A 2019 watch will probably still be warranty and the warranty will be void if there are signs of the watch being opened.

Every day’s a schoolday, until I read this I had never heard of the movement. I’ve no idea whether parts are interchangeable with the ETA 2824, my guess is that some will be and some won’t.

The review I found on this movement made good reading, but that only proves the firm can produce quality, it says nothing about consistency.

I had no wish to be deliberately obtuse, but it would be far more helpful if a query like this contained all the info.

@OP: Brendan at webwatchmaker.co.uk did an excellent job on my Zodiac with the STP1-11 a few months ago -- my entry in the relevant thread: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...=1#post5347920