closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Bell & Ross full lume diver...

Craftsman

Interesting Bell & Ross full lume diver...

I rather like the square cased B&R watches, but have never been a huge fan of the dials with the large 36912 numerals.

However, this diver version of the BR-03 has really got my interest. I love the peppermint dial colour.

Are there any B&R owners on the forum?

Are they any good?

The build quality is excellent and I also liked their new diver models but I went for the blue one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    That's lovely! Thanks for the photos.

Ah, you tease me

I love B&R, these are mine:

This was my earlier evaluation

The quality is absolutely excellent, and as a company they do ceramic really well, although their steel casework is also top drawer.

Regarding the diver, I think it’s brilliant in the flesh. I almost bought one, but the purist in me went with the established aviation model. The Steel and Blue would be a great compliment to my ceramic 03. The only hesitation I would have with it is that the dial and bezel are a little generic dive watch, I wonder if they could have incorporated some elements of the earlier BR02 series.

I gave some thought to a Panerai 42mm submersible recently, and concluded the B&R is vastly more interesting at an awful lot less money.

I’m a big fan of the company, if you can’t guess.

Dave

Last edited by helidoc; 23rd July 2020 at 16:12.

Craftsman
    Cheers Dave!

I guess the large 3,6,9,12 instrument style dial is their trademark look, so I get what you're saying about the diver.

They have a great wrist presence!

Master
    Really like the look of the full lime diver - in fact would be more than happy with any of the divers (including the bronze)

I'm a fairly recent convert to B&R, having recently had this -

It was a surprise just how much i liked it - the 42mm ceramic instrument series really seem to be the essence of B&R. It was sold to by something else (the new Omega SMP - as you do!) I've missed it so much, that I've just ordered this -

Which should be arriving Saturday. Both watches were brought in sales, with very healthy discounts.

Master
    I recently looked at a B&R, Golden Heritage I think, nice to get some input, might just have another look once the shop re opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Joppers View Post
    I rather like the square cased B&R watches, but have never been a huge fan of the dials with the large 36912 numerals.

However, this diver version of the BR-03 has really got my interest. I love the peppermint dial colour.

That is a fantastic looking watch

I don't yet own any B&R, but am deeply in love with the new BR-05 sapphire -

Craftsman
    I keep looking at these and love the look.
    May I ask where to look at these with a decent discount?
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Really like the look of the full lime diver - in fact would be more than happy with any of the divers (including the bronze)

I'm a fairly recent convert to B&R, having recently had this -

It was a surprise just how much i liked it - the 42mm ceramic instrument series really seem to be the essence of B&R. It was sold to by something else (the new Omega SMP - as you do!) I've missed it so much, that I've just ordered this -

Which should be arriving Saturday. Both watches were brought in sales, with very healthy discounts.

This is who I used. They get cheaper when the Sterling strengthens against the Euro

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/bellross/...GB&SETCURR=GBP

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/bellross/...GB&SETCURR=GBP

Dave

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    The build quality is excellent and I also liked their new diver models but I went for the blue one

Beautiful watch! Been looking at B&R for a while so good to hear your comments on build quality.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Another confirmation of B&R build quality. They have very serious manufacturing chops at C&F Chatelain. Whilst I have a soft spot for the original 123 and 126s, I’ve seen plenty of Br01/03/05s in the metal and the quality is absolutely there. You get an awful lot of watch for the money, and those lume designs are lovely.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gee252 View Post
    I keep looking at these and love the look.
    May I ask where to look at these with a decent discount?
    The top one was brought from Beaverbrooks sale last year @ 30 percent off, the military green in the Earnest Jones sale @ 35 percent off.

Very nice indeed:

Master
    Blog Entries
    The peppermint dial is a lovely colour, wouldn’t it be better with solid hands (as Damasko do?)

Have B&R changed how they assemble the case? In the past the screw heads weren’t aligned, unlike on Royal Oak watches - ignoring that the assembly method is different. Have B&R made a change as all the models shown here have the screw heads pointing to the middle of the dial, which I find pleasing.

I think they are bolts rather than screws on the dial side, so they line up perfectly.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    I think they are bolts rather than screws on the dial side, so they line up perfectly.

Dave

Nuts.

I’d love a ceramic B&R. The full lume dial looks awesome.

The Ernest Jones deal looks a great buy

Could you post some pics once you have it?

Very tempted in consolidating 3 others into this one

Master
    Blog Entries
    My eye has been on this brand for some time,Earnest Jones seem to have good offer on at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Nuts.
    Soz. Engineering terms not my strong point!

D

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    Could you post some pics once you have it?

Very tempted in consolidating 3 others into this one
    Will do - if it arrives! Last message from EJ “due to staff shortages there has been a delay in dispatching”!

FYI - their sale ends this weekend.

Craftsman
    So many good looking watches on this thread!

Looking forward to seeing yours in the flesh skip.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Joppers View Post
    So many good looking watches on this thread!

Looking forward to seeing yours in the flesh skip.
    Cheers. Dispatch email has been received, so should be with me Monday.

Master
    Well my ceramic BR03-92 arrived from EJ this morning in super fast time. The watch was not wrapped or sealed as I would expect a new watch to be and there are several small marks but not scratches, in the black finish.
    In addition several parts of the kit were missing, namely the bottom tray contents in the watch box, which is disappointing. I contacted EJ and they explained that all their sales watches are ex display hence some light marks, which I hadn’t seen printed anywhere before I pressed the buy now button.
    I could exchange but the new one may have worse marks, or take a refund.
    However they are going to try to source the missing parts on Monday, so fingers crossed.
    The watch itself is great and at 35% off RRP quite reasonable. I will wait to see what they come back with. Anyway here’s some photos

Edited to add, the green canvas strap is quite short as well, just about fitting my 7.5 inch wrist.

Last edited by Cat7; 25th July 2020 at 18:04. Reason: Refund added

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    Well my ceramic BR03-92 arrived from EJ this morning in super fast time. The watch was not wrapped or sealed as I would expect a new watch to be and there are several small marks but not scratches, in the black finish.
    In addition several parts of the kit were missing, namely the bottom tray contents in the watch box, which is disappointing. I contacted EJ and they explained that all their sales watches are ex display hence some light marks, which I hadn’t seen printed anywhere before I pressed the buy now button.
    I could exchange but the new one may have worse marks, or take an exchange.
    However they are going to try to source the missing parts on Monday, so fingers crossed.
    The watch itself is great and at 35% off RRP quite reasonable. I will wait to see what they come back with. Anyway here’s some photos

Edited to add, the green canvas strap is quite short as well, just about fitting my 7.5 inch wrist.

Looks very nice,think I’ll need a custom strap for my eight inch wrist.

Master
    Yes you definitely will. Although I don’t know if you can buy larger straps from B&R, it is very comfortable.
    PS the strap is fitted the wrong way round to their website image and the normal way of fastening.
    Last edited by Cat7; 25th July 2020 at 16:00.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for the diagram Helidoc

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes you definitely will. Although I don’t know if you can buy larger straps from B&R, it is very comfortable.
    PS the strap is fitted the wrong way round to their website image and the normal way of fastening.
    Thought as much,Steveo has a range for B&R .

Master
    I could exchange but the new one may have worse marks, or take an exchange.

Mines on its way, worrying to hear you are missing bits. Like you I never saw anything about ex display. Did yours come with both straps? This model should have the black rubber with it as well.

Master
    Did it come with a back rubber strap as well?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    The black rubber strap and the strap changing tools were both missing from the bottom tray but in fairness to EJ they are on the case with it and I’ve had two phone calls this afternoon assuring me it will be resolved, so hopefully all is good. As previous the watch is great. Will update once concluded.
    Let me know how you get on with yours....

Well according to the B&R site you’re £90 for the rubber strap, £75 for a buckle and £50 for the tools
    Last edited by acg; 25th July 2020 at 19:40.

I didn't 'get' or 'like' the instrument style of B&R when I first saw them. In fact, I though the concept was dreadful - a case of being different for different's sake! But the more I see of them the more I get to like them and I will probably add one to my collection in due course. I especially like the one the OP posted, that's very nice indeed.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I know it’s entry level but I like the BR S,anyone know the battery life on these.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    I know it’s entry level but I like the BR S,anyone know the battery life on these.
    Well I decided to get this one,expect I will need a custom length strap.

Master
    The black rubber strap and the strap changing tools were both missing from the bottom tray but in fairness to EJ they are on the case with it and I’ve had two phone calls this afternoon assuring me it will be resolved, so hopefully all is good. As previous the watch is great. Will update once concluded.
    Let me know how you get on with yours....
    Happy to say that mine has finally arrived, and even more happy that it is a new watch, with all bits present and correct. Only bug bear is the 8 days it took them to get a "next day" delivery here, but at 35% off, i can live with that! All in all very happy with it, and am over the moon to have one back in the box.

Craftsman
    Glad you got everything Skip!

Master

Happy to say that mine has finally arrived, and even more happy that it is a new watch, with all bits present and correct. Only bug bear is the 8 days it took them to get a "next day" delivery here, but at 35% off, i can live with that! All in all very happy with it, and am over the moon to have one back in the box.

Good to hear. Did yours have the tools?
    Interestingly my original didn’t have tools because it didn’t need them. The newer ones have spring bars not the traditional ( and very secure ) hex bolts and screws which I really do prefer.
    Luckily they sourced me a brand new set and I’m very pleased to say it is the bolt type not the spindly spring pins, with a sealed rubber strap, so they came good. Apparently there are only 3 of that model left in the EJ chain.

Prefer mine on the canvas even though it’s medium and tiny!!!

Last edited by Cat7; 28th July 2020 at 17:32.

My BR03 has spring bars, although still has the tool for the Hex screws. I think they switched to avoid the risk of an over-tightened screw cracking the ceramic

That is a cool looking variant of the 03!

Dave

Master
    Good to hear. Did yours have the tools?
    Interestingly my original didn’t have tools because it didn’t need them. The newer ones have spring bars not the traditional ( and very secure ) hex bolts and screws which I really do prefer.
    Luckily they sourced me a brand new set and I’m very pleased to say it is the bolt type not the spindly spring pins, with a sealed rubber strap, so they came good. Apparently there are only 3 of that model left in the EJ chain.

Prefer mine on the canvas even though it’s medium and tiny!!!

Good to hear yours has worked out in the end.

Mine came with both tools - spring bar and hex head. Have put mine on the fabric, and find it much more comfortable. If anything the rubber is to big for me - on the last hole it’s still a little loose. I don’t remember my last one being like that, I’m thinking maybe this new one is the large size rather than the medium (can’t find any info online as to the size difference)

If the marks are on the ceramic they should come off by rubbing with a "bath eraser" as they should be marks FROM whatever rubbed it rather than TO it.

I can probably post you a bit - if you PM me your address will try to post some to you - I am away almost as soon as I get to where my rubber is so you might have to wait or I might get it posted end of this week.

Otherwise try eBay for a bath eraser and buy a lifetime's supply.

Master
    Good to hear yours has worked out in the end.

Mine came with both tools - spring bar and hex head. Have put mine on the fabric, and find it much more comfortable. If anything the rubber is to big for me - on the last hole it’s still a little loose. I don’t remember my last one being like that, I’m thinking maybe this new one is the large size rather than the medium (can’t find any info online as to the size difference)
    How does your canvas strap fit, if it’s massive on you we could swap as mine is to small and I can only just about get it done up.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    If the marks are on the ceramic they should come off by rubbing with a "bath eraser" as they should be marks FROM whatever rubbed it rather than TO it.

I can probably post you a bit - if you PM me your address will try to post some to you - I am away almost as soon as I get to where my rubber is so you might have to wait or I might get it posted end of this week.

Otherwise try eBay for a bath eraser and buy a lifetime's supply.
    Thanks for the kind offer, but luckily they provided a brand new watch so no marks but I’ll consider that for future.

Master
    How does your canvas strap fit, if it’s massive on you we could swap as mine is to small and I can only just about get it done up.
    Afraid to say the canvas strap is spot on.

Craftsman
    Don't suffer the small strap.
    If you buy a replacement, buy the large size and replace just one part of the strap (i.e. mix large and small) and you'll end up with a medium.
    Plus you'll have spare large and small parts of the strap should you fancy a refresh.

Bell & Ross BR03-92 Military
    Last edited by Monkey Queen; 1st August 2020 at 14:10.

Master
    Cheers but I’ve been told I already have the large strap fitted

Craftsman
    I doubt that what you have been told is correct.

With the small strap, the velcro ends close to the lugs, like as shown in your photo:

With the large strap, there's an inch gap between the velcro and the lugs:

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Queen View Post
    I doubt that what you have been told is correct.

With the small strap, the velcro ends close to the lugs, like as shown in your photo:

With the large strap, there's an inch gap between the velcro and the lugs:

Good bit of info there. Any idea what the lengths of the medium and large rubber straps are?

Craftsman
    Alas no. Only worn the rubber once, at time of purchase, and all I know is that it fitted then whereas the canvas really didn't.

I got the large canvas from the B&R shop in London. They were very helpful and convinced me not to buy a medium but instead, to purchase a large and mix the halves with the small to get double the life.

I guess the same could be done with the rubber.