closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Baby Willard Pictures

Thank you! Good to see them side by side.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Quote Originally Posted by veil View Post
    I like the look of the original. Love the crystal. Shame the new one doesn't have the depth rating on ths dial (minor gripe) great comparison shots though, thanks ðŸ‘
    Agree, the red text does add a little something to the dial. Also like the applied logo on the original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a pleasingly chunky looking thing, isn't it? I think I prefer the crystal/dial combination on the first version, but the new one is quite pleasing.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Master
    Have to say that the lume on these is very good. Been wearing mine all week and most of the time it’s under a sleeve.
    Woke up in the middle of the night and would normally use my phone to check the time, but I could see the Baby Willard glowing away so used that instead.
    Thinking about it, maybe it was the glow that woke me up??!!

The lume on all of Eddie's watches that I have had, has been spot on. And I've had a few. The other good part is that it does not appear to deteriorate over time. I've got a 10 year old and the lume is as strong as ever.

Journeyman
    Great pictures. The depth rating in red on the original is nice and the crystal. But the ceramic bezel on the new model means the lume has a real depth at night. If I'd got the original it would definitely be on the waffle strap.

Final thought is that the original was £485 in 2013 whereas in 2020 , secen years later, the baby model is £150 cheaper! Remarkable.

Apprentice
    14 days in and gained 2 seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by SussexScots View Post

Final thought is that the original was £485 in 2013 whereas in 2020 , secen years later, the baby model is £150 cheaper! Remarkable.
    The new Willard is fantastic value for money, more so as prices for the original 68 seem to be creeping up. Noted the last few have exceeded £600.00 on eBay.

New Willard arrival today #54

Journeyman
    Nice Foto!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nibby View Post
    New Willard arrival today #54
    Congratulations! Wearing mine today.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Congratulations! Wearing mine today.
    I must say I am really impressed with the Baby Willard wears well, the bracelet has a quality feel and the lume is awesome.
    I bought mine on the 8 November during the scrum for the Navigator - my advice is get one soon it is the 'sleeper' of the baby range IMHO.
    I can't comment on the Speedbird but I also have a baby Dreadnought and this is my preferred watch.
    Last edited by nibby; 22nd November 2020 at 02:19.

Master
    For those that have one - how are you finding the timekeeping on the Baby PRS68?

Journeyman
    For those that have one - how are you finding the timekeeping on the Baby PRS68?
    Plus 7-9 seconds over a week. Very good, I think.

Mine is a on wrist favourite the Lume is superb well done Eddie My only concern the power reserve is about 30 hours I wore it for a week and I picked it up the next afternoon to notice it had stopped but You know I still think its fabulous plus it now has sentimental value I wore it to My Mother-In-Law's funeral-(.

Journeyman
    Has anyone put their Baby Willard on a silicone or rubber strap?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SussexScots View Post
    Plus 7-9 seconds over a week. Very good, I think.
    That is good. Mine is not so good and might need adjustment. Any idea what the movement is capable of / what should be within spec?

Journeyman
    That is good. Mine is not so good and might need adjustment. Any idea what the movement is capable of / what should be within spec?
    I believe Seiko suggest the movement should run between -15/+25 seconds per day based on normal daily wear in average temperatures. I wouldn't pretend to be an expert though so make of that what you will - I guess it's what's acceptable to you.

I can say is that mine is worn in rotation, every other day/3 days in the temperatures one finds in Sussex. I last set it on 2 December and it's currently 7 seconds fast. It's accuracy is better than the Miyota 9015 in the Smiths Everest 36mm with which it is generally worn in rotation, the latter runs around 20 seconds fast over a week.

Hope that's helpful. :-)

For the new owners like me

I've just dumped some silly money on 2 straps for the Willard, I'll report back, I make these mistakes so you don't have to

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Gekota rubber, a Sailcloth and an Erica on the way

Will post pics

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveya. View Post
    Gekota rubber, a Sailcloth and an Erica on the way

Will post pics

Look forward to those - been thinking of changing mine up a little as well. Good of you to take one for the team!

Look forward to those - been thinking of changing mine up a little as well. Good of you to take one for the team!
    Thanks, 150 quid for those 3 as well!

Thanks, 150 quid for those 3 as well!

Super quick delivery from Eddie.

I tried my luck with a 19mm Uncle Seiko, but there's too much squishiness between the lugs for my OCD to be comfy with.
    18mm on the way from Kaufmann...update to follow :-)

Quote Originally Posted by adamch66 View Post
    Super quick delivery from Eddie.

I tried my luck with a 19mm Uncle Seiko, but there's too much squishiness between the lugs for my OCD to be comfy with.
    18mm on the way from Kaufmann...update to follow :-)

Nice, I should get mine soon then as I'm invoice 8

I've got the Sailcloth and the rubber today, the Erica will take another 2 weeks

Will mount and display

Tbh the Sailcloth isn't doing it for me as it's so hard, but will see on the watch, the rubber is very nice though, as it should be for 50 quid

Apprentice
    Lets see pics of those straps!!

Mine is arriving tomorrow, I have a Sailcloth and a Watchgecko rubber already and an Erika on the way, will post pics

When do we find out if our order will be fuflilled?

Last email i got was "Subject: Order #1130 confirmed" on sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    When do we find out if our order will be fuflilled?

Last email i got was "Subject: Order #1130 confirmed" on sunday.
    I'm 08, he will have a limited time to get the deliveries out so he can charge the payment cards , so be patient , only one pair of hands as well , but it's my third TF and they've all arrived within 2 weeks

Ok , arrived, lovely watch. I've a 7.5" wrist and prefer smaller sized watches , this is perfect size.

I'm not a bracelet guy on dive watches so have ordered 3 straps.

First it's an MWC sailcloth, £33. Nice straps with quick release pins, very stiff as they all are and it tapers, ordered grey as an alternative to the rubber.

Really like it, won't be selling it, will get it in a small cup to get it shaped and wear in rotation.

Next is a Watch Gecko rubber, £47. Very soft and well made, you cut to length but lots of sizing holes in the clasp. Lovely vanilla smell. This doesn't taper and it's the one I'm going to wear it on.

Until the Erica arrives, that was £75, and I do l love Erica straps on tool watches so will probably stick with that and use the rubber when actually swimming etc

I'm 08, he will have a limited time to get the deliveries out so he can charge the payment cards , so be patient , only one pair of hands as well , but it's my third TF and they've all arrived within 2 weeks

Okay, good to know what sort of time span things will be
    thanks

Rather odd having a 40mm watch called 'baby' it's a lovely thing and it's rather nice having an 18mm band although it's so much nicer on a rubber for me.

I know Seiko movements are not calibrated by hand, which is fine at this price point, but seems I've got lucky , +1 yesterday, -1 overnight ,

Another one on the Watchgecko

The machining on the bezel edge looks really lovely (not to mention grippy) .
    Overall the quality looks great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Another one on the Watchgecko

Looking good on both so far!

Ok so the Erica has arrived, and it's by far my favourite, looks superb, very comfy and of course not cheap, £80

The Zulu Diver is lovely, £50, thick soft rubber smells lovely ( vanilla ) and great clasp.

The Sailcloth slightly different with easy release spring bars , looks the part.

But the Erica wins for me

Craftsman
    Looks clean. Tempted to buy when the shop reopens.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    That looks very nice indeed, one of the best combo's imo. Do you think a Haveston would suit?

Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post
    That looks very nice indeed, one of the best combo's imo. Do you think a Haveston would suit?
    Thank you. It'll definitely need curved spring bars to get a canvas Haveston on this watch, and my only concern is that with the 18mm still being 1.3mm thick the width/thickness ratio might make the strap seem rather thick. A Forecastle and/or an M-1944C will suit it very well and I'll probably give in to temptation at some point, plus 10% off for two! I've got a standard grey Nato en route from Eddie to keep me going while I ruminate, which I think will be a very good match, and I've also found a nice Bond at ukwatchstraps which will be a nice variation, unfortunately Eddie's version is only available in 20mm.
    Last edited by magirus; 12th June 2021 at 08:44.
    F.T.F.A.