closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Baby Willard Pictures

Despatch notice received. Delivery date (UPS) estimated Monday 17-8-20. Looking forward to getting it!🥳🥳

2250 here....no notification as yet. I may have the highest number. Can anyone else claim the title?

Sent from my SM-G960U using TZ-UK mobile app

No. But it makes me feel better
    Quote Originally Posted by engrneil View Post
    2250 here....no notification as yet. I may have the highest number. Can anyone else claim the title?

Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

My order number is 2221 😎

Just got my Ups notification. To be delivered on 18/08/2020.

Thanks Eddie. Keep up the good work.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by engrneil View Post
    Yes, 2251 here! No notification yet either.

Well mine was 2224 so it shouldn't be too much longer for you guys.

Craftsman
    Yay, just got the UPS notification :)

Apprentice
    Does Eddie ever take a day off?! poor guy

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Does Eddie ever take a day off?! poor guy
    Not until the backlog is cleared.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

That takes a huge amount of dedication Eddie, mucho respect.

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    You are a star and appreciate prompt delivery of my order - its got to be full time pick pack and ship for weeks!

Master
    Oooh thats nice packaging

Master
    Blog Entries
    Baby in name but I would say that looks the perfect size for a dive watch and very well balanced.

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing
    Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post
    Oooh thats nice packaging

Number 66 has arrived too and is on my wrist as I type. Very nice indeed and feels bigger than the size indicates (which is a good thing, as it’s smaller yet substantial at the same time- if that makes sense?). The lume promises to be good too - standing by the kitchen door for less than a minute to alter the time made it glow like a mad thing! Another big ‘thank you’ to Our Leader. Excellent all round! 🥳

Journeyman
    No.8 received here in Sussex.

Was going to put it on a silicone strap but having resized the bracelet, it looks better than I anticipated and fits perfectly so I'll leave it for the time being.

Have to say, it's everything I expected. Solid but with a sinuous beauty.

Apprentice
    Number 9 arrived here in Denmark!
    Thx for the speedy delivery!
    Looking really good!

Apprentice
    Number 11 arrived in sunny Scotland this morning.

I'm going to have to get used to the heft (first diver) and how the 40mm face isnt all dial (coming from a Stowa 40mm flieger).

Solid piece of kit. Thanks Eddie.

When I see this, I am always reminded of the Monsters of Rock. From the Castle roaring in the American Midwest........Attachment 18147

Journeyman
    lets see the pics!!

Apart from the bezel being stiff and very sharp where it meets the case, and the crown being slightly hard to access to wind, number 66 is performing above expectations! Only early days of course, but timekeeping over 24 hrs is a great +2 seconds. And even better, SWMBO hasn’t noticed it yet - she thinks it’s an old watch with a new bracelet!! 🥳🥳

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Apart from the bezel being stiff and very sharp where it meets the case, and the crown being slightly hard to access to wind, number 66 is performing above expectations! Only early days of course, but timekeeping over 24 hrs is a great +2 seconds. And even better, SWMBO hasn’t noticed it yet - she thinks it’s an old watch with a new bracelet!! 拾拾
    Totally agree with the Crown and bezel remark's. Just received it so time keeping I will know better tomorrow. It show's -4 / -5 on the timegrapher but let's see after a full day's wear.

I also put it on a Shark mesh although I will say It look's and feel's great on the Original strap/clasp.
    On a side note I normally don't like anything under 42mm but I have to say after owing a Turtle before and a Merkur Homage I think this is of perfect proportions. It just seems so right on the wrist.

Last edited by sickie; 18th August 2020 at 10:49.

Just received mine. Really is a fantastic looking piece in the flesh. Pictures imo don’t do this one justice. Had earmarked it for nato strap duties but the bracelet elevates it to a good all rounder. Looks at home under a shirt cuff or shorts and tee shirt. Superb addition Eddie.

Apprentice
    pic on my 170mm wrist

I can live with the crown being a bit fiddly, I'm just glad the bezel aligns

I find the bracelet a bit blingly so i'll try it on a nato later.

Craftsman
    No.28 has just arrived here and first impressions are really very good. The clasp appears to be machined rather than stamped which I wasn't expecting at this price point. Think I'll pop it on a NATO or silicone strap and then post some pictures.

Master
    For those that have re-sized the bracelet - what tools have you used to do that? Do you need a pin push tool or will a simple pin do the trick?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    For those that have re-sized the bracelet - what tools have you used to do that? Do you need a pin push tool or will a simple pin do the trick?
    you need a tiny flathead screwdriver. The pins are screwed in so trying to push them out will render them useless if you strip the thread.

Just checked and they are 1.2mm screws.

So yeah a 1.2mm screwdriver is needed.
    Make sure you don't use a cheap one. It's not worth it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    you need a tiny flathead screwdriver. The pins are screwed in so trying to push them out will render them useless if you strip the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    Just checked and they are 1.2mm screws.

So yeah a 1.2mm screwdriver is needed.
    Make sure you don't use a cheap one. It's not worth it.

Thanks!

Good thing I didn’t push too hard when I had a quick go earlier. Was going to try a rubber strap but thought I’d give the bracelet a go and also learn how to do it as have never really needed to before.

I have some precision screwdrivers somewhere. Wish me luck!

Journeyman
    Got mine yesterday and only got two issues with it - the first very minor one is the date wheel sits a little below the dial so you can see part of the number before and after .... and the second major issue is that I'm not sure when my other watches are going to get any wrist time now! Great looking watch - great case, great size, don't suppose theres any chance of dial variants in the future?

No. 7 just arrived with me today.

Cracking watch, will need to get the screwdrivers out later and remove a few links....

Cheers,
    Adam.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    on one of Eddies grey Natos

Craftsman
    Tried a few different straps...

"Bond" Zulu:

NATO:

Silicone with red stitching, which picks up the red on the second hand. Think this is my favourite...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gary1064 View Post
    Tried a few different straps...

"Bond" Zulu:

NATO:

Silicone with red stitching, which picks up the red on the second hand. Think this is my favourite...
    Silicon with red was exactly what I had in mind - nice to see it. Looks good.

Silicon with red was exactly what I had in mind - nice to see it. Looks good.
    Looks proper good on the Bond Zulu.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Timekeeping is +3 secs over 24 hours, very pleased with that. Can highly recommend this watch.

Apprentice
    No 18 arrived safe.
    Perfect!

Great watch, Thanks Eddie!

great lume

vs SRP777 Turtle

vs SBBN031 Tuna

Quote Originally Posted by veil View Post
    No 18 arrived safe.
    Perfect!

Great watch, Thanks Eddie!

great lume

vs SRP777 Turtle

vs SBBN031 Tuna
    Great side-by-side comparo with the modern Turtle. I hope we can see another comparo but with the new SPB Turtles.

That does look good. I'd love to see a pic comparing the previous PRS-68 to this.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Master
    Finally got round to re-sizing the bracelet. Two links out either side and a perfect fit.

So initial impressions? Wow, just wow.

This really feels solid, substantial and reassuring on the wrist, but not heavy.
    I really like the slight gloss of the ceramic bezel insert and the matt black of the dial. I was a bit wary of the 18mm strap size, but it is perfect and really suits the watch. I was also unsure of the case size until i saw it in the flesh and on the wrist it is just right.

If I was to compare it to something, it would be something like a Nikon FM2 camera - solid, reliable, well made, built to last and gives you confidence that it'll do whatever you ask and just keep going. Real sense of quality to it.

Right now there is a slight glow to the lume and it makes it really interesting to look at. I also like the subtle interplay between the brushed and shiny finishes.

Suffice to say I'm very pleased with it. Might even replace the PRS-18Q as my day-to-day watch as I've worn that a lot since I bought it.

If you're on the fence at all, I'd say don't be, just get one while you can.

Cheers

Journeyman
    Had mine for a week and used as daily wear. It has gained one second over that time. Remarkable

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    That does look good. I'd love to see a pic comparing the previous PRS-68 to this.
    I will grab one for you this week Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post
    I will grab one for you this week Dave.
    Awesome!
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Apprentice
    Anyone manage to score a rubber strap for theirs yet? like a 18mm chocolate bar.

I'm sure an Uncle Seiko 19mm would fit ok? But anyone got good alternatives as these are a 4 week wait? :(

Journeyman
    Anyone manage to score a rubber strap for theirs yet? like a 18mm chocolate bar.

I'm sure an Uncle Seiko 19mm would fit ok? But anyone got good alternatives as these are a 4 week wait? :(
    Haven't been able to find an actual 18mm waffle strap. I bought an Uncle Seiko 19mm, however, I've not tried fitting it as I adjusted the bracelet, it's comfy and the wife said 'oh, that looks nice'.

To be honest, the US strap looked like it would need a little shaving/ sandpapering.
    I'd like an 18mm waffle strap for hot weather holidays. I originally bought the watch as my travel watch. But I only seem to be able to find 20mm or 22mm on general sale.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by SussexScots View Post
    Haven't been able to find an actual 18mm waffle strap. I bought an Uncle Seiko 19mm, however, I've not tried fitting it as I adjusted the bracelet, it's comfy and the wife said 'oh, that looks nice'.

To be honest, the US strap looked like it would need a little shaving/ sandpapering.
    I'd like an 18mm waffle strap for hot weather holidays. I originally bought the watch as my travel watch. But I only seem to be able to find 20mm or 22mm on general sale.
    Yea, that's all i can find too. I think I'll email 'cheapestnatostrap.com' and see if they plan to have any 18mm in choc / waffle / tropic. Incidentally, how long was the wait on the US strap?

Journeyman
    Yea, that's all i can find too. I think I'll email 'cheapestnatostrap.com' and see if they plan to have any 18mm in choc / waffle / tropic. Incidentally, how long was the wait on the US strap?
    Not long, came within a week. It's very good quality - soft and supple - I've just not got around to trying to fit it as the bracelet is nicer looking than I anticipated.

I confess, I'd never really liked bracelets. I could never adjust them so they fitted just right and much as I've tried, I can't get on with NATO/Zulu straps. So it was always leather, occasionally rubber until I got the original Everest. Now, in balance, I prefer them.

But if I do source an 18mm waffle strap, I'll put the details on here.

Some useless pics of the PRS68 and the new Baby Willard Dave......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Great pictures Dave! I like the look of the original. Love the crystal. Shame the new one doesn't have the depth rating on ths dial (minor gripe) great comparison shots though, thanks 👍