closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Speedbird pictures

Baby Speedbird pictures

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Again - looks great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Very nice. I sort of
    missed this announcement of this one.

Youve got quite a lineup for the fall!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Looks great!

Eddie, could you please tell me what the lug to lug measurement is, as I can't see it on the tech drawing.

TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by DennisK View Post
    Looks great!

Eddie, could you please tell me what the lug to lug measurement is, as I can't see it on the tech drawing.

TIA.
    42mm

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    42mm

Eddie
    Cheers Eddie.

Journeyman
    Why make so many nice watches, but not have a system in place to fulfill all the orders in a timely manner? I understand your current methods, and the reasons why, but the rate at which you are releasing great watches will surely create more demand than you can fulfill? No offense intended, but I think if you are going to release so many nice watches at a consistent rate, perhaps hire a temp to help you ship them out etc.?

F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    Ill get me coat if I where you.....
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Journeyman
    Think I might be prefering the Baby Speedbird to the Navigator with its longer lugs - though I understand the reason they are longer

Very nice indeed!

Master
    So a number of forum members seem to have got the Dreadnought and Willard - who ordered the Speedbird?

Apprentice
    I nabbed one, was initially wavering towards the Willard but a 36 speedbird on bracelet will look so good.

Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    So a number of forum members seem to have got the Dreadnought and Willard - who ordered the Speedbird?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Murraypops View Post
    I nabbed one, was initially wavering towards the Willard but a 36 speedbird on bracelet will look so good.
    Congratulations - it is a very nice watch.

Please post lots of photos when you get it

Have any of these arrived yet? Eager to hear what they new parents think.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    In the "30 minuties windows is great news" thread andy3536 posted a picture of thiers.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...=1#post5496875

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by engrneil View Post
    Have any of these arrived yet? Eager to hear what they new parents think.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TZ-UK mobile app
    Very happy with mine.

Not usually a fan of butterfly clasps with no micro adjustments. But, seem to have found a comfortable position. Screw pins also make it quickly adjusted.

Time keeping is about +8 spd.

https://ibb.co/D8sypcW

Quote Originally Posted by Andy3536 View Post
    Very happy with mine.

Not usually a fan of butterfly clasps with no micro adjustments. But, seem to have found a comfortable position. Screw pins also make it quickly adjusted.

Thanks for the photo - it looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy3536 View Post
    Very happy with mine.

Looks so much better in the flesh. Matt dial is great. 9.5/10. Just wish it was sterile. Cant have it all lol

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Just noticed a rather nice unboxing of a Baby Speedbird on YT... mines arrives tomorrow.

Just noticed a rather nice unboxing of a Baby Speedbird on YT... mines arrives tomorrow.
    Do you have a link? I couldnt find it. Thanks!!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogdensnut View Post
    Do you have a link? I couldnt find it. Thanks!!

Here you go.
    https://youtu.be/NbHdChp90Tc

Thanks!

Apprentice
    First impressions of the Baby Speedbird are very positive. Much nicer in the flesh and perhaps a bit more dressy than expected with a great deal of refinement. Proportions are spot on, 36mm is a great size for her, which adds to the understated style. The lume is crazy good and really bright and the crown is very nice and grippy. Will try to post a couple of pics tonight.

The more I look at these, the more tempted I am!

Apprentice
    Couple of pics. Still got the plastic on

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Murraypops; 18th August 2020 at 17:44.

Apprentice
    Lume

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if the Baby Speedbirds crown tube is screwed into the case like the full size version or is it pressed in?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    Does anyone know if the Baby Speedbirds crown tube is screwed into the case like the full size version or is it pressed in?
    Looks like screw down crown from this unboxing: https://youtu.be/NbHdChp90Tc?t=213.

Quote Originally Posted by Royalwrist View Post
    Looks like screw down crown from this unboxing: https://youtu.be/NbHdChp90Tc?t=213.
    Thanks, yeah the crown is indeed screw down, I was just wondering if the crown tube (not the actual crown) is screwed into the case rather than pressed in. The full size Speedbird has a screwed in crown tube.

Thanks for the link though.

The Baby Speedbird seems to have taken a back seat to the other Baby models and certainly has to the Everest but having received mine yesterday, I can confirm its another winner. The size is perfect on my 6.5 wrist and Ive also achieved a very comfortable fit with the bracelet (the screws are excellent). The lume hasnt been tested overnight yet but it certainly seems to be very good indeed.

Overall its a very solid, well made watch and we all know the value for money youre getting with these. I think it will be my new daily wearer for a while.

Out of curiosity Eddie. How many of these have been made?

The bracelet looks excellent on this

The Baby Speedbird seems to have taken a back seat to the other Baby models and certainly has to the Everest but having received mine yesterday, I can confirm its another winner. The size is perfect on my 6.5 wrist and Ive also achieved a very comfortable fit with the bracelet (the screws are excellent). The lume hasnt been tested overnight yet but it certainly seems to be very good indeed.

Overall its a very solid, well made watch and we all know the value for money youre getting with these. I think it will be my new daily wearer for a while.

That is a great looking watch

300 made.

Eddie

Master
    @Mr Tetley - yes, it is funny how this one doesn't seem to have grabbed the attention so much - but you're right it's a great lolling watch 👍

300 made.

Eddie
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    @Mr Tetley - yes, it is funny how this one doesn't seem to have grabbed the attention so much - but you're right it's a great lolling watch 👍
    Im hoping it stays rather exclusive . Although Im sure Eddie will disagree.

I really dont think Ill be wearing another watch for quite a while. The lume was still readable at 7am this morning and the timekeeping so far is looking very good indeed. Lets try to keep this one a secret .

Baby Speedbird pictures

Just an update on close to two weeks of ownership. My initial impressions havent changed a bit. It has been a joy to wear over the past two weeks. Extremely comfortable on the wrist and I find its the only watch that Im reaching for now.

Ive been timing it over the past while and over the last 7 days it has gained 6.1s, average of +0.9spd! The Miyota is proving to be the most accurate automatic Ive owned.

As you can tell. Im very pleased indeed.

Last edited by Mr Tetley; 11th October 2020 at 12:48.

Craftsman
    Some help please gents.
    I'm thinking of trying a Speedbird. Most of my modest collection are divers and I was wondering how big the Speedbird wears at 39mm.
    My sweet spot for a divers watch is 40-42mm with my 6.75" wrist so should I go for 39mm or 36mm?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Some help please gents.
    I'm thinking of trying a Speedbird. Most of my modest collection are divers and I was wondering how big the Speedbird wears at 39mm.
    My sweet spot for a divers watch is 40-42mm with my 6.75" wrist so should I go for 39mm or 36mm?
    As always, this is only personal opinion, but I had a 39mm Speedbird and sold it as due to its slim bezel, as this made it wear larger than your 40mm diver example, which I happily wear. I go no larger than 36mm with this style of watch, my wrist is somewhere around 6.75-7". I also go no larger than a 40mm diver (I sold a 2254.50 Seamaster as it was just that little to large on the wrist for me), hope this helps.

I do fancy one of these 36mm Speedbirds, but I have a 36mm Hamilton that is a similar style case and bracelet, but otherwise I would have ordered one of these at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by andyd30 View Post
    As always, this is only personal opinion, but I had a 39mm Speedbird and sold it as due to its slim bezel, as this made it wear larger than your 40mm diver example, which I happily wear. I go no larger than 36mm with this style of watch, my wrist is somewhere around 6.75-7". I also go no larger than a 40mm diver (I sold a 2254.50 Seamaster as it was just that little to large on the wrist for me), hope this helps.

I do fancy one of these 36mm Speedbirds, but I have a 36mm Hamilton that is a similar style case and bracelet, but otherwise I would have ordered one of these at launch.
    This is very wise advice. You cant compare dive watches to watches without a bezel that are both of the same diameter. The dial diameter is another factor to consider. I find that watches of a similar dial diameter work for me, as opposed to case diameter.

Some help please gents.
    The 36mm version is perfect on my 6.5 wrist. In fact its easily become my favourite watch and will be staying on my wrist for a while (until I get to try a Baby Dreadnought :-)). I like it so much Im considering buying a 2nd just to keep in the watch box.

I would expect the 39mm version to wear slightly bigger than a 40mm diver, however with a lug to lug of 46mm Id imagine it would still fit you very well.

Do you currently wear any watches less that 38mm? If not, the Baby Speedbird might feel quite small at first but you would soon get used to it. To be fair, you cant go wrong with either of them.

Craftsman
    The 36mm version is perfect on my 6.5 wrist. In fact its easily become my favourite watch and will be staying on my wrist for a while (until I get to try a Baby Dreadnought :-)). I like it so much Im considering buying a 2nd just to keep in the watch box.

I would expect the 39mm version to wear slightly bigger than a 40mm diver, however with a lug to lug of 46mm Id imagine it would still fit you very well.

Do you currently wear any watches less that 38mm? If not, the Baby Speedbird might feel quite small at first but you would soon get used to it. To be fair, you cant go wrong with either of them.
    This is my dilemma. My worry is the baby SB will feel too small. I do have a couple of vintage pieces that are 36mm and 34mm but I never wear them, mainly because they are both dress watches but also because I find them small. One was a gift, the other my dads so they aren't going anywhere, just never getting worn.
    I think the adjustable clasp on the 39mm SB might clinch it and I have a chance of picking one up on SC.

Thanks for your thoughts gents.

This is my dilemma. My worry is the baby SB will feel too small. I do have a couple of vintage pieces that are 36mm and 34mm but I never wear them, mainly because they are both dress watches but also because I find them small. One was a gift, the other my dads so they aren't going anywhere, just never getting worn.
    I think the adjustable clasp on the 39mm SB might clinch it and I have a chance of picking one up on SC.

Thanks for your thoughts gents.
    I think youre heading towards the 39mm! Its a great watch and if you find it doesnt suit you could easily sell it back on SC.

I prefer to wear a smaller watch so its partly why I like the Baby Speedbird so much.

Baby Speedbird pictures

Hi, does anyone own the Baby Speedbird and the Smiths 29a? Would be interested to see side by side shots. They are both minimal looking pieces but would be nice to see how the dials look as I have it in my head that the baby SB has more of a matt dial. Essentially just trying to work out if I can justify buying it lol. Cheers!!

Last edited by Ogdensnut; 18th November 2020 at 12:16.

Apprentice
    Sorry to necro this thread but was researching this particular model and wasn't sure if this question was answered or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Nocam View Post
    Sorry to necro this thread but was researching this particular model and wasn't sure if this question was answered or not?
    All crown tubes have been screwed in for almost 3 years.

Eddie

Apprentice
    All crown tubes have been screwed in for almost 3 years.

Eddie
    Thanks Eddie, hadn't seen the spec detailed in the description of the watch.

Does anyone know if there is case rub on the strap if worn with a leather strap on this smaller version? Or have the lugs been elongated slightly to accommodate?

Master

Does anyone know if there is case rub on the strap if worn with a leather strap on this smaller version? Or have the lugs been elongated slightly to accommodate?
    I don't think the proportions have been altered.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by SplitSecond View Post
    I don't think the proportions have been altered.
    Ah bummer ok then, thank you for the reply

Craftsman

Hi Nocam, I have a "Baby" Speedbird which I wear on a DiModell leather strap, no rubbing and no need for curved springbars. Cheers, John B4