closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Baby Dreadnought pictures

After a week mine is 15s fast. I've found it gains on the wrist but by leaving it crown up overnight I can get he daily gain to less than a second a day.

I've another watch with the 9015 that if worn 24 hours a day refuses to gain or lose a second but if I take it off overnight gains a bit. Is there a reason this movement is so adjustable by position?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    After a week mine is 15s fast. I've found it gains on the wrist but by leaving it crown up overnight I can get he daily gain to less than a second a day.

I've another watch with the 9015 that if worn 24 hours a day refuses to gain or lose a second but if I take it off overnight gains a bit. Is there a reason this movement is so adjustable by position?
    Yes - its the nature of mechanical movements - they are affected a lot more by gravity.

One that has been regulated extremely well. and serviced, will show less variation - but they will still all do it.

There was an advisory issued by Rolex what said to make it gain leave it face up, to lose a bit leave it crown down; and to lose a bit more leave it crown up - but this is a generalisation and different movements will behave differently.

Thanks, I'd not heard the Rolex advice.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinCRC View Post
    Putting mine through its paces!

Martin

Sent from my CPH1919 using Tapatalk
    Is that a Nato or a curved end rubber strap?

I’m still waiting to get home next week to see mine in the flesh but it does look nice...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    Thanks, I'd not heard the Rolex advice.
    You might find this app very useful https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/watch-tracker/id610666926

By using it you appreciate how your watch is performing - both over a period of wearing it - to when you leave it in certain positions over night

No shipping notice yet. Ordered on the second after having to fight with my CC company. Seems I have not done enough purchases from the UK. Can't wait to put it next to it's two siblings.

And the original Baby DN

Last edited by Ron Jr; 13th August 2020 at 00:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumcairn View Post
    Is that a Nato or a curved end rubber strap?
    It's a vulcanised rubber strap. Very comfortable and I think works well with this watch.

Sent from my CPH1919 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    You might find this app very useful https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/watch-tracker/id610666926

By using it you appreciate how your watch is performing - both over a period of wearing it - to when you leave it in certain positions over night
    Other's are available - for free.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Jr View Post
    No shipping notice yet. Ordered on the second after having to fight with my CC company. Seems I have not done enough purchases from the UK. Can't wait to put it next to it's two siblings.

And the original Baby DN

Ah that’s a blast from the past. Great to see you still have it Ron.

Must admit the new Dreadnought wears smaller than I was expecting despite my small 6.5” wrists. Took me a few days to adjust from my Tag Super Pro which I always deemed to wear small due to the hidden lugs. Think it must be the dial. Anyway after initially thinking about moving it on we are slowly bonding. Just waiting for the arrival of the baby Willard now.........

Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post

Thanks, I use a similar one on android.

Master
    Just received a new set of tiny screwdrivers to resize the bracelet and boy are the screws tiny and fiddly when you're getting old with failing eyesight,all done though now and fits like a glove.

Journeyman
    Not sure it works on this new silicone, but I thought I'd give it a go. Back on bracelet tomorrow...

Master
    Blog Entries
    I like it,perfect on a beach holiday.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    Hi Folks, It’s my first post on TZUK today so be kind. I have got a baby dread-nowt on the way and wondered what screwdriver size I need to adjust the bracelet.

Ta, Ian
    I used a 1.2mm and it fitted perfectly.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    Mine has now arrived, have resized the bracelet, although one of the links is misthreaded and the screw won't come out, luckily I was able to work around it.

Unfortunately my bezel is mis-aligned so although I'm happy with the quality of the watch I'm left slightly disappointed.
    Mine is very slightly off to the left too. It's the only fault I can find with the watch and it is a bit of a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post
    Ah that’s a blast from the past. Great to see you still have it Ron.
    I still have all but one of my Timefactors watches. And the one I traded I had two of that model.

Hopefully my Baby DN will be here in the next day or two. It left Germany for NY (I assume) at 4:17 AM on Friday.

Journeyman
    Mine has now gained 35 seconds in 11 days.

Journeyman
    Attachment 18140Attachment 18141 Really liking my Baby Dread-nowt.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Thanks Eddie!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Baby DN just arrived. I'll resize and it today and take pictures over the weekend.

Looks like the first one to go to ebay is listed.
    No connection.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Looks like the first one to go to ebay is listed.
    No connection.
    And sold apparently for £250

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    And sold apparently for £250
    He could have got more here.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

I imagine that the seller has accepted an offer in excess of...

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I imagine that the seller has accepted an offer in excess of...
    Possibly, but it was up as a buy it now, and seems to have sold as a buy it now

Yes was a BIN @ £250

Bargain.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    As I await delivery of tools to resize the bracelet. I remember I had some 18mm NATO straps...

This one really turned out nice, Eddie. I spend so much of my hard-to-find spare time searching down three particular models of your older and now sadly long discontinued watches that I haven't been paying a lot of attention to your newer releases in recent years. I have to admit I really like this one though, and that's an understatement. I was also expecting the price to be much higher for this one than the shockingly good price you have this watch at, all things considered. As regards its aesthetics, I'm also having a sincerely hard time at the moment thinking of another divers watch of any vintage from any maker that looks better to me.

As much as I like it as it is, though, I'd respectfully request two options for future production, and the first of these would be to simply add a Rolex SD type helium release valve and I would think you could do so without otherwise changing the existing specs of the Baby Dreadnought's case in any way.

The reason I'd hope for the addition of the HRV would be to give this genuinely incredible divers watch a full and comprehensive defense against any and all conditions any wearer might encounter, because, with the excellent 300m WR and the rare movement protecting antimagnetic Faraday Cage it already has, the HRV would incorporate extremely high resistance to negative pressure conditions sometimes encountered in aviation and to a greater level in saturation diving, etc., as well. Considering that the legendary Rolex SD and Seiko MM 300, along with the vast majority of other professional grade divers lack very high resistance to magnetism, that would put the Baby Dreadnought one up even on all of those in that sense.

The other request would be to simply offer an additional NATO strapped version as a lower cost option to the very impressive metal bracelet for those out here who are prone to end up wearing it on NATOs anyway (assuming I'm not the only one out here prone to that).

Regardless though, I really think you did a genuinely great job of it on this one

It always seems to take me a while until I find a watch and strap combination that I'm happy with,,, this works for me.

Master
    Blog Entries

Master
    Blog Entries
    thats a cracking photo.

But why do you need two watches on?...

Quote Originally Posted by zoiksy View Post
    But why do you need two watches on?...

Only way to cover 2 time zones with a Dreadnought, other than by buying a DNV

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Only way to cover 2 time zones with a Dreadnought, other than by buying a DNV
    Very valid point!

Journeyman
    Lovely watches!

Journeyman
    Crappy iPhone pictures don't do this beauty justice - but the dash of colour really reflects the autumn trees. Eddie's homages to Eddie's watches are just so good! I love this Baby!

My only issue with the Baby Dreadnought is that it looks even better on a black Time Factors nato, but the bracelet is so excellent that I can't bring myself to swap it out for long.

Last edited by Calumets; 25th October 2020 at 09:59.

Apprentice
    So, i'v been looking forward to write something about the baby-Dreadnought too since i'v received it a week ago and boy, isnt it an eye-candy...
    First things first, the day it got here i decided to spoil me-self with an old "Retsina-Malamatina" liquor (premium local chavignon blanc) and a pipe bowl loaded with some straight virginia sweetness...oo Lordy its been a good day.
    But no more of these old-geezer blabbering around, on the topic of the watch, its a robust, value for money, nicely designed one!
    Maybe minus the ar-coating that seems to not be doing a lot, its nicely executed, badass looking , great for small wrists and functioning just as it should be.

*And keeping my mind away from my broken down liver condition....quite the accomplishment i say lads! [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Mr.Bungle92; 27th November 2020 at 00:57.