closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 188

Thread: Baby Dreadnought pictures

  1. #51
    Journeyman engrneil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    United States - Chicagoland
    Posts
    55
    Correct. That is usually how it works - 2 emails. The TF one will have a number - that is how some folks can gage how many orders were filled/processed. Congratulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    I got 2: one from Sagepay saying card accepted but payment not taken yet, then another from TF saying payment taken (both came through more or less instantly). So if the order has to be cancelled, you will never get that 2nd email?
    Sent from my SM-G960U using TZ-UK mobile app

  2. #52
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    23,302

    Dreadnought For sale.

    No not the new edition,
    Just spotted this on eBay, anyone care to take a guess what it'll go for?

    FWIW I've no connection to the seller.

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TIMEFACTO...gAAOSwqvZfIzQ-
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  3. #53
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Pickering, UK
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    No not the new edition,
    Just spotted this on eBay, anyone care to take a guess what it'll go for?

    FWIW I've no connection to the seller.

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TIMEFACTO...gAAOSwqvZfIzQ-

    Also listed is a PRS-2

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TIMEFACTO...IAAOSwj61fHx24

  4. #54
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    23,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    Different watch methinks...
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by engrneil View Post
    Correct. That is usually how it works - 2 emails. The TF one will have a number - that is how some folks can gage how many orders were filled/processed. Congratulations.
    Awesome! The sense of trepidation is slowly being being replaced with excitement :)

    I've wanted a DN since I first got interested in watches well over 10 years ago (I was a lurker here for a long time before I joined; I don't recall exactly how long). I can't remember which Plongeur-handed diver I discovered first out of the PRS-2 or the Kemmner Octopus, but while I managed to get in on the 2nd batch of the latter, I was far too late for the former. A couple of issues put me off the Voyager, but the Baby DN looks like it could be perfect. I just hope the 9015 rotor noise doesn't bother me as much as it did on my Everest. After that, I've avoided buying another 9015-based watch. Until now.

  6. #56
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Melton Mowbray, Uk
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Awesome! The sense of trepidation is slowly being being replaced with excitement :)

    I've wanted a DN since I first got interested in watches well over 10 years ago (I was a lurker here for a long time before I joined; I don't recall exactly how long). I can't remember which Plongeur-handed diver I discovered first out of the PRS-2 or the Kemmner Octopus, but while I managed to get in on the 2nd batch of the latter, I was far too late for the former. A couple of issues put me off the Voyager, but the Baby DN looks like it could be perfect. I just hope the 9015 rotor noise doesn't bother me as much as it did on my Everest. After that, I've avoided buying another 9015-based watch. Until now.

    Regarding the 9015 rotor wobble Its not as noticeable with heavier set watches like divers, I had a few Helson shark divers with 9015's and I could barely hear or feel anything.

    Plus the dreadnought has a anti-mag plate too so that should help

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    Regarding the 9015 rotor wobble Its not as noticeable with heavier set watches like divers, I had a few Helson shark divers with 9015's and I could barely hear or feel anything.

    Plus the dreadnought has a anti-mag plate too so that should help
    👍 that's what I'm hoping.

  8. #58
    Master nibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    North Wilts
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by nibby View Post
    Very nice - I want one.
    I have got one! Order confirmed from Timefactors.

  9. #59
    went for one of these, wanted the original dreadnought but my weedy wrists would never have carried it off. This seems the perfect solution.

    Quite excited, got my confirmation at 2 minutes past and seem to have a lowish order number. Fingers crossed the wait isn't too long.

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    Quite excited, got my confirmation at 2 minutes past and seem to have a lowish order number.
    How do you know it's a low(ish) order number? Mine is 8 digits (preceded by 2 letters) and I presume they don't reset each time the store reopens?

  11. #61
    Just going by the other thread, the last 4 digits seem to be the current run. A few seem to have 19 hundred odd. Mine is low 2000

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    Just going by the other thread, the last 4 digits seem to be the current run. A few seem to have 19 hundred odd. Mine is low 2000
    Ah, just found the other thread in question. Mine is also in the low 2000s.

  13. #63
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    516
    Well, at 13:42 I was puffing and wheezing up a big hill in Yorkshire on my mountain bike, several miles from home. Damn and drat (or words to that effect), time had passed way quicker than I expected. A huge internal debate ensued as to whether to risk the dodgy 3G (at best) signal or go hell for leather to get back home, in the knowledge of a nice strong WiFi signal in the garage. Could I make it in time???

    Baby Dreadnought order confirmed at 14:02. Order placed from the drive. What an effort. Suspect it will take me until next weekend to recover! Worth it though.

  14. #64
    Another one of Eddie’s beauties coming over the pond to NJ. This seems like a big win for me in all regards.

  15. #65
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    2,490
    Just had my shipping notification from Timefactors, shame it’ll be two weeks before I get my own hands on it lol...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #66
    Grand Master abraxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    32,617
    I'd love to see pics of this on the wrist with the wrist size stated please.
    New Rolex adage: The customer is always wrong!

  17. #67
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,274
    Quote Originally Posted by NCC66 View Post
    Well, at 13:42 I was puffing and wheezing up a big hill in Yorkshire on my mountain bike, several miles from home. Damn and drat (or words to that effect), time had passed way quicker than I expected. A huge internal debate ensued as to whether to risk the dodgy 3G (at best) signal or go hell for leather to get back home, in the knowledge of a nice strong WiFi signal in the garage. Could I make it in time???

    Baby Dreadnought order confirmed at 14:02. Order placed from the drive. What an effort. Suspect it will take me until next weekend to recover! Worth it though.
    Now that is dedication!

  18. #68
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Pickering, UK
    Posts
    163
    Just received an email from the courier to say my DN is due delivery tomorrow.

    Now to hope this is correct and they turn up before or while I'm home for my extended lunch break; on a split shift, otherwise a wait to 21:00.
    Last edited by Ed875; 3rd August 2020 at 14:46.

  19. #69
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Darlington. United Kingdom
    Posts
    72
    Got the dispatch notification for my Baby Dreadnought just after 15:00 today. Beyond excited!

    My order number was '1993.

  20. #70
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Brussels, Belgium
    Posts
    426
    Just arrived, here are some pics on my 7.25 wrist
    Size is ideal for me, strap is comfortable, I'm happy
    Thank you Eddie!

    Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk

  21. #71
    Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    2,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben265 View Post
    Just arrived, here are some pics on my 7.25 wrist
    Size is ideal for me, strap is comfortable, I'm happy
    Thank you Eddie!

    Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk
    Nice, can’t wait to try mine on when I get home...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #72
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    280
    Arrived this morning and now on my 6.75 / 17cm wrist. Adjusted with pin in middle of the clasp to give me room for fine tuning either way and 2 links removed either side.
    Cheers Eddie.



    Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

  23. #73
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    111
    Really not happy with UPSExpress. After Eddie's hard work getting orders out so quickly, I was delighted to get the dispatch email yesterday promising delivery today (my birthday!), and I'm annoyed that UPS have changed the status of my order to delivery tomorrow saying they made an attempt but got no answer. I've not only been in all day, I've been mostly in the front garden all day! They have most certainly NOT attempted a delivery! I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow...

  24. #74
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    280
    Luckily there's an outer box on the watch as it looked as if it had been catapulted into the van.
    Hope you have more luck tomorrow with the delivery.

    Happy Birthday though.

    Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

  25. #75
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by brummie64 View Post
    Luckily there's an outer box on the watch as it looked as if it had been catapulted into the van.
    Hope you have more luck tomorrow with the delivery.

    Happy Birthday though.

    Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

    Thanks Brummie! All is actually now well. I called the local distribution centre to complain, and they told me they'd get the driver to come back, and that's exactly what just happened! I have now taken delivery, and it is everything I'd hoped it would be - thank you Eddie! My outer box also looked like it had been catapulted (everything ok with the inner though). The watch is comfortable, heavy (which I like), quirky as hell, small but big (it's clever like that), solid - great!

    7.25 inch wrist


    https://img.techpowerup.org/200804/s...t-15-24-32.png

  26. #76
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Pickering, UK
    Posts
    163
    Mine arrived at 2.30.

    Two links either side for a perfect fit, very please thank you to TF for such speedy delivery of this excellent pocket battleship.

    Oh as with others outer box was a bit bashed about.

    Last edited by Ed875; 4th August 2020 at 15:34.

  27. #77
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Coulsdon
    Posts
    1,195
    I must admit it does look really great - and its size seems ideal.

    Which does go to show that the fashion for large/oversized watches really doesn't make sense.

    Another winner from TimeFactors 😎

  28. #78
    Master Tenko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,698
    These look really good. I didn't order as i thought it might be a bit small for the style of watch on my 7.25 wrist but looking at the pics posted, it doesn't appear to be the case!

  29. #79
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Darlington. United Kingdom
    Posts
    72
    I got mine today at 10:20am. I'm pretty blown away for what you get for the £360 price. Fit and finishing and the bezel action are all excellent. It's like having a mini battleship on your wrist.

    It's really interesting to see how the watch fits on 7'' wrists and larger, as it even fits fine on me, with my slim 6'' Asian wrist.




  30. #80
    Grand Master Velorum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    14,279
    Size looks spot on to me

    I am thinking that it would go well on a grey Eulit Panama (but then again, what doesnt?)

    I could even live with the date window!
    ''I must acknowledge, once and for all, that the
    purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis"

  31. #81
    Master SeanST150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    2,334
    Mine's arrived and it's such a great little watch. I owned the Voyager before, which I loved but the size meant the crown dug into the back of my hand. Also, it fell victim to the culling which paid for my GS.

    It's a shame I don't have a small enough screwdriver to fit the bracelet. I'll be waiting on another delivery then! So for now it'll go unworn.

    I'm not quite sure what UPS were up to! At least the case and watch are undamaged.

    Out of interest, who are the few with a lower serial number than me?

    This Baby DN is my first watch purchase since my GS just over 2 years ago. I'm chuffed with it, just need to get it sized now.


  32. #82
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenko View Post
    These look really good. I didn't order as i thought it might be a bit small for the style of watch on my 7.25 wrist but looking at the pics posted, it doesn't appear to be the case!
    In all honesty, the watch does wear small despite the largish profile (which I like). I have several 36-38mm watches, this wears on the smaller side.

  33. #83
    Master Tenko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    South East
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Calumets View Post
    In all honesty, the watch does wear small despite the largish profile (which I like). I have several 36-38mm watches, this wears on the smaller side.
    Ok, thanks for this, very helpful.

  34. #84
    Mine just arrived - it's so cute! /japanese-schoolgirl

    It's going straight on a NATO/RAF - or possibly something else, as it turns out a lot of my 18mm RAF I bought a while ago then never used are actually 19mm & there's not enough play to be able to cram them in. I have 7.5" wrists and the bracelet:watch ratio is a bit high for my liking, so rather than bother shortening it I've just taken it off and put it aside with the packaging. Will try to sort out a wrist shot later when I've decided which strap works best on it.

    Seems to wear a bit smaller than I was expecting given how chunky it is - probably because the dial is so small. Not too small for me though, I like it a lot. Rotor noise & wobble is definitely present and worse than any of my 7750s, so I'll need to see if I can live with that long term. The answer is probably yes. It doesn't seem to be quite as bad as the Everest.

    Small sidenote, but I'm really liking the new booklet style as well. Looks far more professional than any of my previous TF purchases (I think the last one was the PRS-82 in 2016, so the new booklet may not be completely new).

  35. #85
    Hi all

    #67 has landed here in Helsinki, Finland.

    Absolutely love this size watch, looking forward to wearing this over the next few weeks. Bracelet is great but i'm thinking of trying a few 18mm straps out with this.

    Eddie, another winner and superfast shipping as always :-)

    Q&D shot:



    Thanks
    deano



  36. #86
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    111
    I had a bit of time to play with #13 this morning, so:

    Best on bracelet (I really like this).



    Excellent on Eulit black perlon.




    Good on Time Factor's nato (mounted for single pass only).




    Not so good on Barton canvas.



    Pretty good lume.



    I'm obviously not a photographer, but these may give some idea of this as being something of a strap monster...
    Last edited by Calumets; 5th August 2020 at 12:27.

  37. #87
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Melton Mowbray, Uk
    Posts
    1,276
    Looks great, now where's my delivery email !!

  38. #88
    Master SeanST150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    2,334
    As I await delivery of tools to resize the bracelet. I remember I had some 18mm NATO straps...

    Last edited by SeanST150; 5th August 2020 at 14:28.

  39. #89
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    12,854
    My outer box was also battered and split! The Baby DNs look amazing.

  40. #90
    Grand Master magirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Up North hinny
    Posts
    34,185
    No lume on the orange 12 marker I see.

  41. #91
    Administrator swanbourne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Sheffield, England
    Posts
    46,989
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    No lume on the orange 12 marker I see.
    There is but it's not strong.

    Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

  42. #92
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Down south jukin
    Posts
    3,570
    Blog Entries
    1
    My strategy was to go out for a ride on my bike so I wouldn't be tempted as I have far to many watches at the moment..

    But looking at these photos though it was the correct decision I regret it now.

  43. #93
    Mine arrived this morning and after a bit of a faff trying to get a good fit on the bracelet I'm well pleased. The end links are such a good fit to the case it almost looks like an integrated bracelet! I was going to pop it on a rubber but I think I'll hold fire for now and keep as is.

    Does wear smaller than you'd think, I guess the steel bezel helps create that illusion but its a hefty lump with good wrist presence. After wanting a
    Dreadnought for so long having one my wrist is able to carry off is welcome.




    My clasp was quite hard to close, it needed a button to be pressed to help it click in on the wrist but after closing it a dozen or so times off the wrist (where I could get a better press) it seems to have loosened.


    Well done Eddie, cracking watch and thanks for the swift dispatch.

  44. #94
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    111
    Just a little heads up, two screw pins on my bracelet had come loose just 24 hours after I tightened them all following re-sizing. Just something to keep an eye on.

  45. #95
    Grand Master number2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North and South.
    Posts
    23,302
    I haven't been a fan of bracelets for years and It generally takes me a while to find the strap that works for a particular watch - that might just be it.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

  46. #96
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Pickering, UK
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by Calumets View Post
    Just a little heads up, two screw pins on my bracelet had come loose just 24 hours after I tightened them all following re-sizing. Just something to keep an eye on.
    Funny you should say that as I noticed when adjusting the bracelet on my example two pins sticking out which had obviously not been screwed down fully, as they needed a couple of turns. Also one of the pins I removed to adjust felt very coarse and resistant to being unscrewed for its full thread length. Will keep monitoring as I've decided to use the bracelet despite not normally liking them, just feel its right for this watch, quite comfy too.

  47. #97
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    12,854
    Seeing your pics, I think it looks best on a black nato.

  48. #98
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sheffield - England
    Posts
    1,478
    Gutted no news on my order and I’m probably the closest 😩

  49. #99
    Master SeanST150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    2,334
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I haven't been a fan of bracelets for years and It generally takes me a while to find the strap that works for a particular watch - that might just be it.
    Thanks, it's actually the wife's NATO. From memory is from a Monkey Swag. It's a tad brighter than the picture in real life.

  50. #100
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Staffordshire. UK
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    Funny you should say that as I noticed when adjusting the bracelet on my example two pins sticking out which had obviously not been screwed down fully, as they needed a couple of turns. Also one of the pins I removed to adjust felt very coarse and resistant to being unscrewed for its full thread length. Will keep monitoring as I've decided to use the bracelet despite not normally liking them, just feel its right for this watch, quite comfy too.
    Whilst taking out the links I always find it worth trying all the others gently just in case of loose one's that have been missed during manufacturing. I too had a stubborn one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information