closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hermes post - Watch Theft

Never had a problem with Hermes personally, altho I hardly ever use then to send, but get loads of parcels delivered by them weekly, and our local drivers are great - often go the extra mile to make sure we get them delivered rather than doing a social workers door knock and running back to the van as quick as they can to get away!

Only issue I’ve ever had was with RM. A watch strap I was returning to an Amazon seller. Posted using signed for service, tracking showed it never arrived, but RM rejected my insurance claim as the recipient didn’t respond to their request to confirm it hadn’t arrived - even tho RM own tracking system showed it hadn’t! Had to escalate to a complaint, and got the money in the end (only £50), but they made me sweat for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't use anything but Royal Mail Special Delivery. Maybe DHL. Yodel, Hermes...verging on gig-economy delivery companies where the driver is the lowest paid employee racing around getting pennies per delivery. It's no wonder some decide to jack it in and make off with a few parcels before they go.

Couple that with the "convenience store" drop-off where you are told to leave your parcel in some corner of the shop which is accessible to normal shoppers? No chance am I taking the risk!

Most of the stuff I buy is delivered, and very often by Hermes, and without problems. For all that I still remember a padlock that I had bought go missing. Small package with a 2kg padlock, probably seemed irresistable. I bought the item through eBay-PayPal and got a refund relatively easily, but I would have far preferred to have the padlock as at £120 it was just over 25% the cost of a new one. If this stuff isn't being pilfered why does it never turn up?

Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    ... but I would have far preferred to have the padlock as at £120 it was just over 25% the cost of a new one. ...
    A c£400 RRP padlock - is it made of gold?

It’s a high security lock with a rotating lock body. This defends against twisting attacks.

I don’t think I’ve got anything worth £480, let alone worth putting a £480 lock on!

Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    Never had a problem with Hermes personally, altho I hardly ever use then to send, but get loads of parcels delivered by them weekly, and our local drivers are great - often go the extra mile to make sure we get them delivered rather than doing a social workers door knock and running back to the van as quick as they can to get away!

Only issue I’ve ever had was with RM. A watch strap I was returning to an Amazon seller. Posted using signed for service, tracking showed it never arrived, but RM rejected my insurance claim as the recipient didn’t respond to their request to confirm it hadn’t arrived - even tho RM own tracking system showed it hadn’t! Had to escalate to a complaint, and got the money in the end (only £50), but they made me sweat for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My only problem too - RM, watch strap, never arrived and £50!