closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Thoughts on Tudor 1926

Master

Thoughts on Tudor 1926

Anyone have any experience of the Tudor 1926 range?

Couldn’t see that many reviews or articles online for them. Haven’t tried one but I quite like them.

Here are a couple. I particularly like the first with blued hands and indices:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    The white dial, blue hands, version looks very nice. Eta movement I’m guessing, but no issue there for me. Needs a good discount or sensible used price to avoid taking a bath on resale.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’ve got the top one, 39 mm.thought it might be a bit posh for me at first,but it’s very wearable.

Both look good, especially the white dial very clean design.

I don't see it online but I notice these are regularly discounted in store so easy to get for just over the £1000 mark.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    I don't see it online but I notice these are regularly discounted in store so easy to get for just over the £1000 mark.
    I’ve got an offer of the top one (41mm) for 50% off, hence asking for people’s experiences etc.

Can’t really go wrong at that kind of money I would have thought but always good to get a range of views.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Thanks for introducing me to this watch, i haven't heard of this model before.

They look nice and they carry the Tudor name. The price point is good too. I am keen to find a good reduction on this. If you can share the 50% off, that would be great ;-)

Craftsman
    At 50% off if you like it its a no brainer!!
    I like the white face with blue hands go for it!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Thoughts on Tudor 1926

Lovely watches. For me the pick of the bunch is the black dial 36mm version. If you see that one at 50% off, give me a shout .

The white face/blue hands & numerals is also very nice.
    Last edited by Mr Tetley; 20th July 2020 at 23:39.

Master
    Been looking around casually myself for the white dial/blue hands 1926 in 41mm - at 50% off I’d be all over it in a flash. Well done!

Journeyman
    I would always go for a 74000 of 72000 or similar model.

I had the light dial 36mm for a while. It's a nice watch which would work well as a one watch solution/daily watch. A good quality watch that dresses up and down nicely. Personally I'm not a fan of the white date windows on the black dial versions and the 41mm felt rather large for the sort of watch it is (although my slim wrists don't help).

Craftsman
    Just resurrecting this thread. Did you ever pull the trigger? I tried one on today and really liked it.

Went in to try the Pelagos blue but tried this on as well and it felt great.

Craftsman
    I tried the Tudor 1926 and a IWC Portugieser IW358304 side by side as they are superficially quite similar - white/silver dial, Arabic numerals, blue hands and numerals. In my opinion, the IWC wins hands down, but it is a much more expensive watch.

Craftsman
    Of course, that will usually be the case with a watch costing 4-5 times as much but I just think the white face 1926 is a great looking piece.

Interested to hear people’s experience of owning one.

Seems to be really good value - however I'm not sure about the waffle dial :P

Master
    Did a lot of thinking about a 36mm version (41 way too big) but ended up with this:

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    Seems to be really good value - however I'm not sure about the waffle dial :P
    I agree. Despite this I would have bought the 1926 if I hadn’t directly compared it to the much more expensive IWC Portugieser.