closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Citizen BN0118-55E for £199 at H Samuel

Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    Annoyingly, mine has got to go back. Hopefully for a replacement rather than a refund, but I've just emailed customer services to make sure they still have replacements in stock.

I have confirmed that my capacitor is damaged. It's not holding a charge properly: charged for a full day in fairly strong sunlight; dropped back into low power mode after less than 24 hours in a dark room. That's not normal according to the manual.

Definitely faulty, shame.

Journeyman
    Annoyingly, mine has got to go back. Hopefully for a replacement rather than a refund, but I've just emailed customer services to make sure they still have replacements in stock.

I have confirmed that my capacitor is damaged. It's not holding a charge properly: charged for a full day in fairly strong sunlight; dropped back into low power mode after less than 24 hours in a dark room. That's not normal according to the manual.

Appears to be back I stock so you should be in luck

https://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d...racelet+watch/

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I too jumped on the bandwagon, ordered Monday, delivered Wednesday - scratched...

Sent back same day, the replacement arrived yesterday, this time ok.....

Great watch for the price, they must be clearing old stock, I see these are not listed on the Citizen UK website anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Goochie81 View Post
    Appears to be back I stock so you should be in luck

https://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/d...racelet+watch/

I notice that a certain age group seems to buy this watch, based on the reviews!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-GB View Post
    I notice that a certain age group seems to buy this watch, based on the reviews!
    I must be old before my time!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RAT2410 View Post
    I too jumped on the bandwagon, ordered Monday, delivered Wednesday - scratched...

Sent back same day, the replacement arrived yesterday, this time ok.....

Great watch for the price, they must be clearing old stock, I see these are not listed on the Citizen UK website anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No only the blue with the Kevlar strap.

Would you be better sending it to Citizen under warranty if you want to keep it?

Quote Originally Posted by vortgern View Post
    Would you be better sending it to Citizen under warranty if you want to keep it?
    It's a possibility if there's no replacement stock left, but not a good one because Citizen are under no obligation to replace it with a new one. Although I haven't had direct experience with Citizen, if they are like a lot of other manufacturers they'll take it back, work on it for a number of months and send it back repaired, possibly with other issues that would then be difficult to get put right. Could turn into a lot of hassle that I can do without.

It's a possibility if there's no replacement stock left, but not a good one because Citizen are under no obligation to replace it with a new one. Although I haven't had direct experience with Citizen, if they are like a lot of other manufacturers they'll take it back, work on it for a number of months and send it back repaired, possibly with other issues that would then be difficult to get put right. Could turn into a lot of hassle that I can do without.
    Could you buy another one and return the faulty one for a refund , that might ensure you still have what you want ??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    Could you buy another one and return the faulty one for a refund , that might ensure you still have what you want ??
    I'm going to sound like a politician now and just say we should not speculate about hypotheticals :)

First things first, I'll let H Samuel respond and tell me whether or not they have any units available for exchange. As they are still showing as in stock, I'd imagine the answer will be yes. But as it's the weekend, I don't expect I'll hear back until Monday at the earliest.

As an aside, I arranged to collect mine from a local HS shop, where they diligently let me inspect the watch and fill out the warranty booklet, might be an idea if one has a shop local.

As an aside, I arranged to collect mine from a local HS shop, where they diligently let me inspect the watch and fill out the warranty booklet, might be an idea if one has a shop local.
    Something to note about this: if you pay online and collect in store, you're covered by the distance selling regulations. If you order online but pay in store then you are not. The DSR (technically now the CCR) gives you slightly more rights. For example, if you pay in store then as soon as you walk out the door, the seller is under no obligation to refund you if you discover an issue. They have the right to provide an exchange or repair first, whereas with DSR you can just ask for a refund, even if the goods are not faulty. As long as you notify them within 14 days and the item is sent back as received.

There is an H Samuel fairly near to me, but given the current situation I'm not sure why I'd bother going in there. The online stock will be separate from store's stock, so if there's a problem they won't be able to do an exchange on the spot anyway. I almost always order online when possible these days, even pre-Covid. I can check things out in my own time. Including, if necessary, running an overnight check that everything is working properly, which you can't do in-store either.

Well, looks like I should have done this after all. Having taken a week to respond, customer services have informed me today that "we cannot offer exchanges online". And of course, now the sale has ended, so I can't just buy another one at the same price then send back the faulty one.

Looks like I can get it exchanged, but I have to make a trip to the nearest store to do it. Not super happy about that. It's pretty crappy customer service. I'll be happy with the watch for what I paid if it does eventually get resolved though, so not complaining too much yet.

Maybe returning it to Citizen under warranty terms will be the way to go then, you can indicate a preference for repair or replacement, I imagine they must have some spare ones lying about ?? It's a shame as at the price they are rather a good thing. Good luck.

Good luck.
    Thanks, hopefully it'll get resolved one way or another.