closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Possible photos of new Rolex releases

Possible photos of new Rolex releases

How true this is I don’t know but I’ve been sent these by a watch dealer friend of supposedly this years Rolex releases...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I saw those renders doing the rounds a while back. The Milgauss would be of most interest to me out of those three, but looks like it’s been hitting the steroids hard in that pic.

Looks like someone’s wishlist to me.

Personally, I wouldn’t be interested in any if those.

Think they were wish list renders drawn up a few months ago by a magazine. I do like the look of them though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

https://monochrome-watches.com/rolex...-watches-2020/

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I like the Yacht Master
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

The Milgauss looks quite nice but I dislike the crown at 12. If it had a triangle, square, or some other distinctive lumed mark in its place, I think it would look better. I would guess it would be too similar to the other sports watches for Rolex to produce. In terms of aesthetics I think it’s quite a good looking concept.

Like others the Milgauss is of most interest. I like the crown at the top, like on the Daytona, makes a change from a triangle. Not convinced by the bezel though.

I think a GV needs to move up the wants list before they disappear.

Master
    Loose the Cyclops on the Yachtmaster and that would be a winner....I won't hold my breath though

Master
    I like all of those , hope they come true and I can get on the 18 year waiting list.

Those yachtmaster hands are massively unbalanced.
    the hour hans is too fat and too long.
    I can't see Rolex themselves making that mistake

I like the idea of the Milgauss

Don't like the Milgauss at all. Lost its identity and looks like another dive watch, but that's probably what buyers want.

Master
    Yes and we all believe that the moon is made of cheese.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Don't like the Milgauss at all. Lost its identity and looks like another dive watch, but that's probably what buyers want.
    Think it’s more a case of it trying to re-find its identity to be fair

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Those yachtmaster hands are massively unbalanced.
    the hour hans is too fat and too long.
    I can't see Rolex themselves making that mistake

I like the idea of the Milgauss
    Maybe you’re being sarcastic and I’m missing it, but those are the 42’s current handset.

As others have noted, these renders have been around for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    But surely it re-creates the original Milgauss, 1-6 bezel, squiggly seconds and all. It IS the Milgauss identity

Journeyman
    But surely it re-creates the original Milgauss, 1-6 bezel, squiggly seconds and all. It IS the Milgauss identity
    Now I’m sure it was sarcasm.

What is the purpose of the 1-6 bezel?

Not sure I understand the utility of a 1-6 bezel. Would someone educate me on this?

I like that 42mm Yachtmaster.....best looking YM to date in my view. I’d buy that...

Master
    love the explorer!

Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    love the explorer!
    No, it's hideous. White hands on a white dial? How impractical.

Thankfully none of these seem to be real.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Quote Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
    How true this is I don’t know but I’ve been sent these by a watch dealer friend of supposedly this years Rolex releases...

Oh yeah. Same internet fed hear say from the last few years. Recycled photoshops.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Think it’s more a case of it trying to re-find its identity to be fair

No thanks. I like the Milgauss just the way it is today. Not another SubC clone which ironically the 1956 Milgauss was a spin off of the Submariner of the time.

Enough with the diver bezels!

It should stay in the 20th century. It was a dog then, still a dog today (The old 1956 version that is).

Craftsman
    That white Explorer really is "meh". The other two have some redeeming features but I see nothing in the Exp.

Craftsman
    That YM looks quite pleasing. Explorer seems like change for change sake though.

They are definitely not official Rolex designs. They were posted a while back and I think a White Explorer has been on the wish list for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostintime View Post
    No thanks. I like the Milgauss just the way it is today. Not another SubC clone which ironically the 1956 Milgauss was a spin off of the Submariner of the time.

Enough with the diver bezels!
    Ah, but if they brought back a 1019, like the Artisans de Geneve mod, I’d be all over it.

Sadly, I don’t think there’s any room for it in the catalogue, given the Oyster Perpetual occupies a very similar aesthetic.

Master
    I've never understood why you would combine a rotating bezel with an antimagnetic watch either, are you supposed to be diving for magnets? Though it looks good on the original version. Less so with modern proportions, which looks like an obvious photoshop fantasy. But agreed on liking the 1019. Sadly I think they've already had their one and only go at bringing that back, and everything gets squeezed into the current style and proportions and loses the charm.

That white Explorer has been doing the rounds for years, but does at least look plausible and pretty good.

I just don’t see a white dial Explorer 1 happening unless Rolex is hell bent in competing head to head with their own OP39 White/egg shell dial.

Possible photos of new Rolex releases

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Ah, but if they brought back a 1019, like the Artisans de Geneve mod, I’d be all over it.

Sadly, I don’t think there’s any room for it in the catalogue, given the Oyster Perpetual occupies a very similar aesthetic.

If you want that plain aesthetic, you don’t have to spend Milgauss money!. Just settle for a new white dial OP36 or 39 and call it a day. What I absolutely love about the current Milgauss GV is the only Rolex with “Anti-Rolex” design cues. It is a fun watch and rebellious at the same time. You either love or hate it. Green sapphire crystal exclusive to this reference, thunderbolt second hand, again exclusive to this model, engraved caseback (Milgauss and SD43 are I believe the only references with marked caseback) and the drop dead gorgeous Z-Blue zirconium dial.

Yes I am a fan!

Why would you rob the Milgauss of its quirky personality? This watch avoids the seriousness of ceramic bezels, Mercedes hands, Round dial markers, black dials, fluted bezels, date cyclops, jubilee bracelets, 2 tone gold Rolesor and investment opportunities! (But if Rolex should discontinue it will surely skyrocket in price and will become even more sought after).
    Last edited by Lostintime; 17th July 2020 at 13:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    I've never understood why you would combine a rotating bezel with an antimagnetic watch either, are you supposed to be diving for magnets? Though it looks good on the original version.
    Given the original intention for the Milgauss’ use by scientists, engineers, etc., surely a 60min timing bezel would be useful to keep track of experiments, operations, and so on?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side of The Loon View Post
    Given the original intention for the Milgauss’ use by scientists, engineers, etc., surely a 60min timing bezel would be useful to keep track of experiments, operations, and so on?
    The fact that the Submariner bezel was removed on the ref 1019 tells me that it was probably an over killed feature. Again, why would Rolex want another SubC clone to compete in the same space as the SubC no date maxi case?

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    There's always space. Look at the Sub, GMT, SD and DSSD. Then the OP, DateJust, DayDate and Pearlmaster. Rolex really only make about 3 watches and barely even make a Cellini.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    There's always space. Look at the Sub, GMT, SD and DSSD. Then the OP, DateJust, DayDate and Pearlmaster. Rolex really only make about 3 watches and barely even make a Cellini.
    Sub and GMT share the maxi case but YM, SD and DSSD are different animals. Only point in common is that they are divers watches

Sub and GMT share the maxi case but YM, SD and DSSD are different animals. Only point in common is that they are divers watches
    Yes but largely different versions of the same thing. Not too different than Porsches or range rovers. Lots of models and of course differences but ultimately different versions of the same thing.

Master
    If you want that plain aesthetic, you don’t have to spend Milgauss money!. Just settle for a new white dial OP36 or 39 and call it a day. What I absolutely love about the current Milgauss GV is the only Rolex with “Anti-Rolex” design cues. It is a fun watch and rebellious at the same time. You either love or hate it. Green sapphire crystal exclusive to this reference, thunderbolt second hand, again exclusive to this model, engraved caseback (Milgauss and SD43 are I believe the only references with marked caseback) and the drop dead gorgeous Z-Blue zirconium dial.

Yes I am a fan!

Why would you rob the Milgauss of its quirky personality? This watch avoids the seriousness of ceramic bezels, Mercedes hands, Round dial markers, black dials, fluted bezels, date cyclops, jubilee bracelets, 2 tone gold Rolesor and investment opportunities! (But if Rolex should discontinue it will surely skyrocket in price and will become even more sought after).
    Same here - preferring the black dial myself. But would be happy enough if discontinued too

Apprentice
    New white Explorer would be awesome, but unlikely. Of these I think a new Milgauss is the most likely, seeing as it's a pretty unpopular model and outdated since modern movements are more or less anti magnetic already.

Quote Originally Posted by nicbex View Post
    New white Explorer would be awesome, but unlikely. Of these I think a new Milgauss is the most likely, seeing as it's a pretty unpopular model and outdated since modern movements are more or less anti magnetic already.
    Hope they discontinue it so my Z-Blue shoots up in value!

My Milgauss GV has gone up in value 2800 USD since I bought it brand new 3 years ago.

Apprentice
    Hope they discontinue it so my Z-Blue shoots up in value!

My Milgauss GV has gone up in value 2800 USD since I bought it brand new 3 years ago.
    That's a probable outcome 😁

Master
    Blog Entries
    What was the point of the original Milgauss bezel? Why those markings? I never saw the point/reason