closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My Sinn EZM2 Hydro back from Sinn Frankfurt

Blog Entries

My Sinn EZM2 Hydro back from Sinn Frankfurt

I've just received my Sinn back from maintenance. 250 euros + shipment (<24 hrs from Germany to my house here in Holland!) makes me a happy owner again.

The watch was completely dismantled, cleaned, checked, overhauled were needed, refilled with oil, reassembled and pressure tested. It took Sinn about 4 weeks from the first contact up until yesterday when I had to pay the bill (PayPal).

Sinn offers perfect communication with me, the customer. I couldn't be more happy. We even discussed 'new dial and hands' vs 'cleaning the original hands'. I've opted for cleaning the original hands. As a result, they look less 'aged' than before. I think that the oil inside has a colouring influence on the hands. Personally, I love it.

Good for 7 new years trouble free wearing I hope!

Pcis in a minute

Master
    It’s everything the bloated UX isn’t. I’ve had a couple of EZM2 Hydros during my time here and wish I’d kept one.

Blog Entries
    Pics

Returned in a nice travel pouch.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Nice to read, I plan on sending my EZM2 at some point, it’s never been serviced in my ownership so could do the double tick warning at any point, apparently real world battery life is good for 9 years..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Nice to read, I plan on sending my EZM2 at some point, it’s never been serviced in my ownership so could do the double tick warning at any point, apparently real world battery life is good for 9 years..
    Absolutely recommended when it needs a service. The only worry (...) you'll have is finding a courier that will insure the watch' value. I had a look at Watchrecon before I shipped it with Dutch Post. Having it insured for 1400 euros costed me 13 euros on top of the normal sending costs.

Sinn's communication was 'sehr Gründlich' as well. You don't have to go to a UK dealer for their help etc.

Menno

I've found Sinn very approachable and helpful with everything, they will even sell you spares direct at a very good cost too.

The EZM2 was one of my favourite watches. The size and shape, combined with the oil-filled water proofing and battery life, made it pretty much perfect. The only reason I sold it was because it was a GSG 9 version and I really wanted the standard version. I'm still looking.

Thankfully it went to a forum good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    It’s everything the bloated UX isn’t. I’ve had a couple of EZM2 Hydros during my time here and wish I’d kept one.
    Agreed. I like the UX but prefer the 2

I would still have my EZM2 if the lume were better, but I found it a bit dim, tbh.
    In terms of robustness, leftiness, longevity of battery etc etc it is a total winner.
    The fact that it is so slim for the WR is a real bonus of the Hydro technology.

Dave

I absolutely need to get one of these to add to my "collection". If anyone knows any independent in the UK who might be able to do this for other oil-filled watches, I'd be most grateful. I think I have four non-Sinn, non-Bell & Ross watches that need a battery / oil-change!

Craftsman
    Such an awesome watch!

I have the 104 which has the same case. Love the size and the fact it’s distinctively different from other watches without being whacky.

Love mine, its my goto holiday watch (remember holidays..ahh good ol days!)..

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I would still have my EZM2 if the lume were better, but I found it a bit dim, tbh.
    In terms of robustness, leftiness, longevity of battery etc etc it is a total winner.
    The fact that it is so slim for the WR is a real bonus of the Hydro technology.

Dave
    Was it the 3H dial?

I've found the lume to be very good in the later luminova version.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Its good to have a positive watch/service story for once,enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by quietly View Post
    Was it the 3H dial?

I've found the lume to be very good in the later luminova version.

No, it was a luminova one, as far as I could tell. Serial number 403.4000 odd

I was given to understand that the lume on these was routinely not great, mine certainly glowed quite dull and for a short duration

Dave

Craftsman
    Fantastic looking watch! Love the hydro technology. I wish they'd release a 40-42mm UX! I just found 44mm a bit too big and bulky for my skinny wrist.

Agreed with Sinn customer service. Never had any issues.

I sent both my ones off in the last 6 months and each time I had prefect service

Quote Originally Posted by Broussard View Post
    I absolutely need to get one of these to add to my "collection". If anyone knows any independent in the UK who might be able to do this for other oil-filled watches, I'd be most grateful. I think I have four non-Sinn, non-Bell & Ross watches that need a battery / oil-change!
    Which other oil-filled watches do you own?

I foolishly sold my EZM2 a few years back...hope I can source another one day.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLion View Post

Likewise. I had no 'need' of my EZM 2 but seeing this thread makes me want to try one again sometime, or another oil filled watch. The look it creates is quite mesmerising.

Nice job.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MrLion View Post

The standard mix of 4000m and 6000m Beuchats and cheap and cheerful Canadian-Swiss St Moritz watches. Recently discovered that the latter is still extant. And selling oil-filled quartz watches. Which surprised me.

Mine has just started to jump 4 seconds at a time, so I guess that means the battery is about to go. Will be in touch with Sinn ASAP. Anyone any idea of their turnaround time at the moment?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Wolff View Post
    Mine has just started to jump 4 seconds at a time, so I guess that means the battery is about to go. Will be in touch with Sinn ASAP. Anyone any idea of their turnaround time at the moment?
    Think the OP said it took four weeks or so when he started the thread in July 2020.