closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 1970s Ladies Omega Geneve

1970s Ladies Omega Geneve

Hi All

Sorry it’s been so long since I last posted. I’m after some information if possible.

My daughter was gifted the below by her grandmother but she doesn’t know anything about it. Can anyone shed some light please?

Grand Master
    Not much to add without taking the back off, it's definitely 1970s and I`m assuming it's hand-wound because it doesn`t say Automatic on the dial. The caseback will have a case reference number inside and the movement will have a serial number.

Getting extra links for the bracelet could be a real headache if they're required.

I would definitely advocate getting the watch serviced and waterproof again, it was waterproof originally (WR 30 metres in modern parlance) but it won`t be now, the crown seal will have either hardened or perished and it'll leak. Caseback seal likewise. Replacement crown may be needed unless an O ring seal can be fitted, genuine Omega crowns are getting harder to source so the sooner you address it the better chance of getting one. Same applies to the crystal if it's badly aged, but generic crystals will do the job just as well.

Its a nice-looking watch, black dials were less common and many have been refinished. The photo isn`t good enough to tell, but refinished dials on ladies watches are less common.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Not much to add without taking the back off, it's definitely 1970s and I`m assuming it's hand-wound because it doesn`t say Automatic on the dial. The caseback will have a case reference number inside and the movement will have a serial number.

Getting extra links for the bracelet could be a real headache if they're required.

I would definitely advocate getting the watch serviced and waterproof again, it was waterproof originally (WR 30 metres in modern parlance) but it won`t be now, the crown seal will have either hardened or perished and it'll leak. Caseback seal likewise. Replacement crown may be needed unless an O ring seal can be fitted, genuine Omega crowns are getting harder to source so the sooner you address it the better chance of getting one. Same applies to the crystal if it's badly aged, but generic crystals will do the job just as well.

Its a nice-looking watch, black dials were less common and many have been refinished. The photo isn`t good enough to tell, but refinished dials on ladies watches are less common.
    Thanks for that. It has never been serviced in all the time my mother had it and she had it from new as a gift from her father.