closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Lord Sugar is finally getting his Batman!

Lord Sugar is finally getting his Batman!

Seems like he found the formula

https://twitter.com/lord_sugar/statu...215016453?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    The cynic in me thinks he bought five datajusts to qualify to buy the Batman.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    The cynic in me thinks he bought five datajusts to qualify to buy the Batman.
    LOL, that's precisely what I thought! He's probably got 20 more in the locker from getting the Daytona a couple years back.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Did the guy on the far right start work when he was 12? Lovely gift for them. I think 25 years where I am gives you a £250 voucher.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Did the guy on the far right start work when he was 12? Lovely gift for them. I think 25 years where I am gives you a £250 voucher.
    At least that's useful. Where I used to work you got badge pin of various degrees of "bling". 5 years was solid gold, 10 years was a diamond, 15 was 2 diamonds etc. I think 25 years was rubies, diamonds and emeralds.

Master
    4th guy clearly not trusted - warranty card retained!

There are not enough Rolex in the world to make me work for Alan Sugar.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    There are not enough Rolex in the world to make me work for Alan Sugar.
    That will really upset him.

Journeyman
    Wonder if he used WF for them 😆

Master
    Will he shout I’m Batman in Christian bale style?

Journeyman
    My boss took me to Nandos for twenty years service. Can’t wait to see what happens in 2023.

Unless he paid 1250 for them they will all be getting a BIK bill for his generosity.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonos View Post
    My boss took me to Nandos for twenty years service. Can’t wait to see what happens in 2023.
    The outlook isn’t so good at the moment so you’ll be downgraded to KFC.

Craftsman
    25 years where I am gets you a free check up from the neck up!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBanks View Post
    At least that's useful. Where I used to work you got badge pin of various degrees of "bling". 5 years was solid gold, 10 years was a diamond, 15 was 2 diamonds etc. I think 25 years was rubies, diamonds and emeralds.
    Same where I work but they have now changed it to remove the stones and have replaced them with the number of years!

Whether you love him or hate him, that’s an indisputably generous long service award...

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by GMTMaster View Post
    Seems like he found the formula

https://twitter.com/lord_sugar/statu...215016453?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    An observation. 4 of them hiding their hands behind their back and the other proudly rocking his Apple Watch

They will flip them inside 6 months

Blog Entries
    Nice gesture. Shame a few more employers aren't as generous.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    Unless he paid 1250 for them they will all be getting a BIK bill for his generosity.
    I checked that out too for my 25th Anniversary so I’m guessing he paid for them personally out of his own taxed income.

Craftsman
    Check chrono24 later there will be 5 new Batman’s listed.

Edit I see they’re DJs but still if they’re not watch folk these are destined for a cupboard or drawer
    Last edited by Sean89; 6th August 2020 at 18:01.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean89 View Post

Edit I see they’re DJs but still if they’re not watch folk these are destined for a cupboard or drawer

Very presumptuous of you , maybe they are genuinely over the moon with such a nice award and are quite happy to wear the watch with pride , rightly so as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post
    Very presumptuous of you , maybe they are genuinely over the moon with such a nice award and are quite happy to wear the watch with pride , rightly so as well.
    Agree. Even if they weren't into watches I'm sure they will treasure these. Daily wearers, special occasions only, something to hand down to kids.

Awesome long service award!

I've not been in the workplace long enough to be thinking about something like this, but I know the folk who have been around ages at the company I work for (big company, FTSE 100) get an automated email to mark the passing of significant anniversaries. The system even copies in others in the same hierarchy (so basically your boss and your co workers). Lovely... such a personal touch!

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    An observation. 4 of them hiding their hands behind their back and the other proudly rocking his Apple Watch

They will flip them inside 6 months
    Highly unlikely I think. Everyone knows a Rolex, and these folk who've been in Alan Sugars employ for 25 years are unlikely to be hard up for cash. I suspect those watches will have a whole lot more meaning to them than the monetary value. What a great story to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean89 View Post

As above, highly unlikely. If you stick around a place for 25 years of your life and the boss gives you a truly wonderful gift to mark the occasion, I can't see that ending up on the market.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster73 View Post

How many nice classic watches do you see, engraved to mark 25years or retirement and then sold by their kids after 10 years in the drawer.

We’re all into watches. So to us this is a top notch gift. If somebody gave me a montblanc pen (again a nice gift) but I wouldn’t ever use it.

A really nice gesture - good on him.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Awesome long service award!

I've not been in the workplace long enough to be thinking about something like this, but I know the folk who have been around ages at the company I work for (big company, FTSE 100) get an automated email to mark the passing of significant anniversaries. The system even copies in others in the same hierarchy (so basically your boss and your co workers). Lovely... such a personal touch!
    Will be a reminder to take in cakes for your colleagues. They will also know if you’re a tight arse and don’t.

Craftsman
    Agree. Even if they weren't into watches I'm sure they will treasure these. Daily wearers, special occasions only, something to hand down to kids.
    I agree - When I left my job of 31 years the team that I worked with bought be me a watch. When compared to the expensive models that grace this forum my gift would not be considered expensive but to me it's priceless. I value it and I only wear it when I go out on a special occasions and always when I meet up with my old colleagues. I'm probably just an old romantic but when I do wear it I am reminded of all those good times we had when at work.
    I will never sell it.