closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Help in adjusting a vintage folded steel link bracelet

Help in adjusting a vintage folded steel link bracelet

I have fitted this vintage beads of rice bracelet to my "retro" Poljot Okeah when I first bought the watch. Now I'd like to remove two links so the micro adjustment in the clasp isn't so extreme. First is a picture of the watch and bracelet:

Now here is where I'd like to remove the two end links:

This is the other end of the bracelet, FYI:

My dilemma is I've never removed (or added) links to this type of bracelet before. Questions:

• Can I remove both links and still attach the end coupler, or can I only remove one link?
    • What is the best procedure for removing the link pins?
    • Can the "pins" of the other links also be removed? How, as they look quite permanent.

Thanks in advance for your wise guidance.

i think that's a job for a professional jeweller/ watch repairer. I'm guessing that they would need to uncurl the link ends (by heating up?) in order to remove then doing the same to the next link to reattach it to the bracelet. Doesn't look like something you could do yourself, unless you had the tools and confidence to tackle it yourself.

Might be worth getting the opinion or advice of a professional before you do anything.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 15th July 2020 at 07:58.

Grand Master
    If none of the pins can be driven or pressed out I would carefully open up the centre links ( the beads) using a knife blade, a case opener is ideal. This will allow links to be removed. The opened links can then be carefully nipped up again. Brass- faced pliers are ideal, they won’t mark the steel. I had to do a similar thing on a new replacement Omega bracelet of the same design because it was too long.

Don’t attempt to open up the outer links!

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    If none of the pins can be driven or pressed out I would carefully open up the centre links ( the beads) using a knife blade, a case opener is ideal. This will allow links to be removed. The opened links can then be carefully nipped up again. Brass- faced pliers are ideal, they won’t mark the steel. I had to do a similar thing on a new replacement Omega bracelet of the same design because it was too long.

Don’t attempt to open up the outer links!
    Good luck with that, a fair few on here can chew up a lug changing a strap

Thanks very much, guys. I'll be off to visit my watchmaker!