closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling superocean alternatives?

Breitling superocean alternatives?

Keep looking at the Breitling superocean heritage with the mesh bracelet and blue face, just looks stunning .

However at over £3k it’s currently over budget. Is there anything similar or worth looking at with blue face, blue bezel and quite large 44mm ish?

Budget wise was thinking £1000-£2000. Happy to look at new or second hand. Any thoughts

You know deep down you just need to save up, and look out for a well priced version of the watch you really want.

The difference in price is too close to spend on an alternative imho.
    It's just a matter of time...

One sold recently on sales corner for about £1800 iirc.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I only have 21 posts in 10 years so might take me a while to be able to access the sale corner 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    You know deep down you just need to save up, and look out for a well priced version of the watch you really want.

The difference in price is too close to spend on an alternative imho.
    Exactly this. You may spend £2k on a watch that is a substitute for what you really want and then make a loss when trying to trade up to what you originally wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Euan Goold View Post
    I only have 21 posts in 10 years so might take me a while to be able to access the sale corner 😂
    Well there's no saying that another one will come up any time soon, but it suggests that it should be achievable within budget. Have a look on Chrono24 and have a haggle. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master
    The SOH is one of the nicest Breitlings. I had a blue one and sold it but would buy another. Definitely search for a mint, used one. It should be within your budget.

I think this thread is worth a picture

I bought the 44mm version above and I love it. I know you’re budget is up to £2k but if it’s what you really want then I’d consider saving a little longer to get it. You can get a new one for little over £3k regardless of the RRP or like others have said maybe a mint used one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Try to look at a good second hand, will be around 2,5-3 and you will be more and longer satistief then with an alternative.

Master
    I bought a blue SOH on mesh a few years ago and haven't regretted it for a second, if that's the one you want I'd save more and buy that, however, Breitling are a brand you can find discounted quite heavily and they lose a lot on the 2nd hand market maybe bringing it into the realms of possibility at about 2.5k for a good one with the B20 movement.
    If that's still too steep and you don't think regret will rear it's ugly head then a Rado Captain Cook might do the job see https://www.chrono24.com/rado/hyperc...id14601774.htm for an example.

Personally I'd save for what you want - I'm currently in a similar position where my finances won't bear the cost of what I want next so I'm successfully (so far) ignoring all the shiny trinkets that are in budget until I can afford what I'm after. It's not easy though.

Master
    I will echo everyone's comments, I wanted one of these for ages, I also didn't have £3500 to buy one, I bided my time, found one on an auction site for £1400, sent it back to Breitling for a service and a new bezel and it was under my £2000 budget.
    Still one of my fave watches and one that gets the most comments.
    Wait and get what you really want.

Journeyman
    Not too sure how well this will go down but the Christopher Ward C65 has a similar look for a lot less. Also a bit smaller but might be worth considering.

Then again, if it is a Breitling you want then go after it. It is a nice looking watch that looks great on a lot of different bracelet and strap combinations. Never handled or worn the blue one but the black is nice.

https://www.christopherward.com/mili...-S0BB0-VC.html

You are not that far off on your budget. Looked used and keep adding to the fund. You will regret blowing the fund on something that looks similar but just isn’t what you really wanted.

Always get what you want the first time - works out cheaper in the end.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Journeyman
    As others have said, save up or get a second hand model (Chrono24 and various).
    As if you really want the Breitling, it's unlikely that another watch will scratch your itch and will cost you more in the long term.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Euan Goold View Post
    It wasn't sold in the end, it was withdrawn - think the seller changed their mind. You might be lucky, the seller might pop you a message.

Quote Originally Posted by MattOmega View Post
    Not too sure how well this will go down but the Christopher Ward C65 has a similar look for a lot less. Also a bit smaller but might be worth considering.

Then again, if it is a Breitling you want then go after it. It is a nice looking watch that looks great on a lot of different bracelet and strap combinations. Never handled or worn the blue one but the black is nice.

https://www.christopherward.com/mili...-S0BB0-VC.html
    +1

Just traded mine (blue face but on croc leather) in mint condition for much less than 2k
    Be patient and it will come to you....
    I keep telling this to myself when I think of Bronzo.......

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N975F folosind Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Always get what you want the first time - works out cheaper in the end.
    So true....