closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I think,certainly hope......

Grand Master

I think,certainly hope......

Im now approaching the end of the watch collecting tunnel!,family issues etc helping.

PRS-10....Beater.
    Bali Ha'I...Can go too.
    Rolex 5512....Next to go.
    Rolex 5513....Possibly out too!.
    Tudor 76100....And this.

So a few need to go,I thought I might keep the 5513,but not sure now.

So as I come out of the tunnel I want to have 1 high value watch in my house,6 months ago I had 28! and that is mental.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 28th October 2020 at 16:38.

Well done, I like the way it's going. It would be nice to see some pics of the ones that are definate keepers. I saw the WTBs for a box and papers 5513 and a box for the 1675, as you know anything connected to the 4 digit watches is very difficult to get hold of and not cheap. I think if you are serious about finding a full set 5513 you may end up having to buy from one of the Rolex big boys, HQ Milton etc. I doubt normal dealers would get that kind of thing in.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Well done, I like the way it's going. It would be nice to see some pics of the ones that are definate keepers. I saw the WTBs for a box and papers 5513 and a box for the 1675, as you know anything connected to the 4 digit watches is very difficult to get hold of and not cheap. I think if you are serious about finding a full set 5513 you may end up having to buy from one of the Rolex big boys, HQ Milton etc. I doubt normal dealers would get that kind of thing in.
    And now youve taken my 1968 GMT and me your 5512!,Ill probably let the 16700 go once I find another Matte dial GMT again.

Cheers Ken.......loving the 5512.....enjoy the GMT.

28 is some going. 3 or 4 certainly makes sense to me. Ive found sticking to 3 watches at a time a way of being able to appreciate each one better during any one period of ownership. Though it has not prevented me entering a new tunnel of regularly changing a smaller collection. At the moment im settled. One daily wearer sarb, one evening or dress watch credor, one vintage, grand seiko.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Master
    Once down to three, on to the next step.....one fine watch. You might surprise yourself and enjoy that. And you release so much money that you can buy whatever watch you want, and still have money to spare.
    If you get bored, sell the watch and choose another.
    But, the golden rule is: ‘one in-one out.’
    Of course, the danger of relapse always lurks......plenty of people on TZ can tell you that! Hope I don’t become one.
    Last edited by paskinner; 17th July 2020 at 14:39.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner1972 View Post
    28 is some going. 3 or 4 certainly makes sense to me. Ive found sticking to 3 watches at a time a way of being able to appreciate each one better during any one period of ownership. Though it has not prevented me entering a new tunnel of regularly changing a smaller collection. At the moment im settled. One daily wearer sarb, one evening or dress watch credor, one vintage, grand seiko.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    I think going back a year or so it was more than 28!.......totally mental and not something I was comfortable with tbrh.

I feel Im in a better place in terms of the amount of watches Im going to end up with soon.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Once down to three, on to the next step.....one fine watch. You might surprise yourself and enjoy that.i think a lot of the endless cycle of buying and selling can be down to habit. And you release so much money that you can buy whatever watch you want, and still have money to spare.
    If you get bored, sell the watch and choose another.
    But, the golden rule is: ‘one in-one out.’ It’s more fun than it sounds to hardened collectors. You get to really live with, and appreciate, your choice. And you have to focus hard.
    Couldnt have said it better.....spot on and pretty much the cycle of my watch collecting.

Grand Master
    Another gone.......yippee.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Another gone.......yippee.
    Which one, the Sub?

Master
    well done on consolidating the collection, something I promised myself I'd do over the past year or so and 3 have gone and been replaced with 2 (soon to possibly be 3), albeit nicer pieces, but still no reduction overall as of yet.

need to get rid of some of my bulk, not quite at your 28, but not far off it.

Grand Master
    Well that was 3 more out today,16600/16610 & 16700,but went straight back to buy another and much nicer GMT 16700!.....

Tudor 76100 is next to go,its nice but I doubt Ill wear it with the others I have.

I'd love to see a before and after photo of the collection 1 year ago versus today!

I'm a big fan of consolidation. I'm not at all at your level of watch collecting, but even with my own humble collection I constantly strive to keep numbers down. Once it starts going above 5 I start stressing, above 10 and I can't even enjoy them anymore!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    I'd love to see a before and after photo of the collection 1 year ago versus today!

I'm a big fan of consolidation. I'm not at all at your level of watch collecting, but even with my own humble collection I constantly strive to keep numbers down. Once it starts going above 5 I start stressing, above 10 and I can't even enjoy them anymore!
    That is exactly how I started to feel when the collection was way too many watches,nice to have them but just a constant worry tbh.

That is exactly how I started to feel when the collection was way too many watches,nice to have them but just a constant worry tbh.
    Consolidation in a lot of instances leads to people having access to watches that they may not otherwise be able to (or indeed want to) pay cash for in the first place. For example, trading two watches worth £5k each for a £10k watch feels completely different to parting with a £10k cash lump sum - well it certainly does to me anyway and I've done it a few times. I suppose it depends how deep your pockets are.

I've been in double figures on the number of watches and it just feels too many and there just isn't the time wear them all, pardon the pun.

I think Paul has done the right thing and now has a smaller collection of more desirable watches, rather than a box full of what every other Joe on here owns.

Grand Master
    Consolidation in a lot of instances leads to people having access to watches that they may not otherwise be able to (or indeed want to) pay cash for in the first place. For example, trading two watches worth £5k each for a £10k watch feels completely different to parting with a £10k cash lump sum - well it certainly does to me anyway and I've done it a few times. I suppose it depends how deep your pockets are.

I've been in double figures on the number of watches and it just feels too many and there just isn't the time wear them all, pardon the pun.

I think Paul has done the right thing and now has a smaller collection of more desirable watches, rather than a box full of what every other Joe on here owns.
    Nail on head there Ken......and Im seriously considering that one more you told me about!.But it really will see the Tudor going,as nice as it is I wouldnt wear it having the others tbh.

Nail on head there Ken......and Im seriously considering that one more you told me about!.But it really will see the Tudor going,as nice as it is I wouldnt wear it having the others tbh.
    I'm pretty certain a near mint Tudor Submariner would be an easy sell

Grand Master
    I'm pretty certain a near mint Tudor Submariner would be an easy sell
    I agree,similar look to a 5513 @ a heck of a lot less wonga.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post

A group pic as it started to reduce not so long ago!.I think only the Tudor Sub is still with me looking at that pic.