closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Doha Transit with Qatar

Craftsman

Doha Transit with Qatar

Am hoping someone may be to help.

Has anyone transited through Doha with Qatar Airways in the last few days? If so, anything open? If you had a long layover, did Qatar provide any transit accommodation or anything else to help?

Thanks in advance,

J

If you get no joy here, it might be worth asking on the flyertalk.com forum.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    If you get no joy here, it might be worth asking on the flyertalk.com forum.
    Thanks Tony. I have a couple of days to push so will have a look on there nearer the time. Appreciated buddy.

Cheers,

J

Not recently, but I did about 18 month ago.

It depends on what you are calling a long transit. I had a 6 hour stop between flights and no accommodation etc was offered, just the use of the Business lounge as I was traveling Business Class.

The Qatar Lounge in Doha is huge as it is their hub airport with several different sections, so the time dd pass fairly quickly.

From memory, I think there may have been the option for some sort of site seeing tour for longer lay overs, but it didn't interest me at the time as i was on the way back from a business trip which had been long enough.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Not recently, but I did about 18 month ago.

It depends on what you are calling a long transit. I had a 6 hour stop between flights and no accommodation etc was offered, just the use of the Business lounge as I was traveling Business Class.
    Thanks Kris, I normally transit through Doha 4-5 times a year. Outbound it's a couple of hours and inbound normally 7 hours. Unfortunately, due to cost cutting we ALL now fly economy, I occasionally get bumped and normally utilise the lounge regardless.

This time it looks like I may have a 20 hour layover and am reticent to book the Oryx direct and in advance if QA will cough for it. Was just wondering if anyone had passed through in the last week or so.

Cheers,

J

One of my kids passed through at the weekend. Spoke to her this morning. They didn't have a layover, and actually went straight onto the next leg, but everything was fine in terms of airport operation.