Thought i would ask the people of the forum if they have any thoughts on these dog breeds.

Time has come to think about getting a dog which would be equal parts pet and equal parts working dog. Although it wouldn't be a trained field dog, just for beating and possibly picking up during the season.

Our family have a couple of Labradors and a Springer and we are looking for a spaniel, it is difficult especially in these times to actually find local breeders of these two., to have a chat/meet the dogs so was hoping for a bit of input from the masses.

As these are not as popular as the springers and cockers. Any information would be great. Alternatively if you have one, post a picture!

We would be looking for a puppy or young dog. (i have never had a puppy, all my previous dogs have been rescues or bought older. But due to very young children we think a puppy would be best fit for us

Also any similar suggestions would be greatly appreciated, (the wife originally wanted a Chesapeake bay retriever for example!)

Many thanks

Mark