closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: rolex air king 116 900

Apprentice

rolex air king 116 900

hello all

I've registered an interest in the above at several ADs local (ish) to me.

I have a couple of tudors (north flag and ranger) and looking at a rolex (appreciate its relatively cheap in comparison to other models but I really like it and also can't afford the more expensive models tbh) ive found the buying experience very different.

So the question is, what length is the piece of string otherwise known as a waiting list for this?

I've spotted one elsewhere for 50 over list, but lost grey market models are touching 6k, and aren't new
    Last edited by marklocke; 14th July 2020 at 10:05. Reason: Forgot

Quote Originally Posted by marklocke View Post
    hello all

I've registered an interest in the above at several ADs local (ish) to me.

I have a couple of tudors (north flag and ranger) and looking at a rolex (appreciate its relatively cheap in comparison to other models but I really like it and also can't afford the more expensive models tbh) ive found the buying experience very different.

So the question is, what length is the piece of string otherwise known as a waiting list for this?

I've spotted one elsewhere for 50 over list, but lost grey market models are touching 6k, and aren't new
    I’ve seen mentioned on groups elsewhere that they pop up in windows.
    I’d give a call around your local area and you should secure one within quite a short space of time.

Banned
    Not saying I’ve seen any in AD windows but I’ve heard these are attainable and easier to source than any of the more popular sports models like the steel subs or GMT’s

Cambridge Mappin and Webb currently have one in stock, or they did last week, I know that’s a fair way from you in Staffordshire.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodguy View Post
    Not saying I’ve seen any in AD windows but I’ve heard these are attainable and easier to source than any of the more popular sports models like the steel subs or GMT’s
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
    I’ve seen mentioned on groups elsewhere that they pop up in windows.
    I’d give a call around your local area and you should secure one within quite a short space of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyAFC8 View Post
    Cambridge Mappin and Webb currently have one in stock, or they did last week, I know that’s a fair way from you in Staffordshire.

Thanks. I've just called but they don't.

I shall broaden my search area

Master
    I managed to pick up an explorer a couple of weeks ago without waiting. I phoned through the closest 10 or so to see what they had in stock. I would imagine that someone is likely to have one, it depends how far you are willing to drive.

Apprentice
    So far other than goldsmiths (over the phone) and ruddells( I purchased a tudor from) each AD has asked me to go in and wont take expressions of interest without it.

Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    I managed to pick up an explorer a couple of weeks ago without waiting. I phoned through the closest 10 or so to see what they had in stock. I would imagine that someone is likely to have one, it depends how far you are willing to drive.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyAFC8 View Post
    Thank you. I did try but they don't have it now.

I may have found one in stock, and am going on Saturday. On the plus side some of the ADs today have been very helpful, and a pleasure to talk to.

Journeyman
    There was one in the window at Brighton WoS a couple of weekends ago. Miles out of your way obviously but I imagine if they had one there you could find one elsewhere with a bit if legwork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you manage to get the one in the end?

The guys in Cambridge are really nice and love a watch chat, in today for a collection and will have a good chat as well.