closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Motorway Boy Racers

Craftsman

Motorway Boy Racers

Driving East along the M4 yesterday (Sunday) afternoon and traffic was frequently brought to a halt as a group of young men in a variety of lowered suspension vehicles Deliberately stopped the traffic so that they could change Cars and then race each other at very high speeds.
    Never seen that before has anyone else ? What would you do ?
    Incredibly they even had children in the cars with them.

Yeah, I used to do it a lot.

Master
    I would call the plod. The M4 is riddled with cameras and I'd expect the monitoring centre to pick that up anyway, crazy.

I'll be surprised if the police do anything about it, too much 'woke' about now and they may mentally affect them.

Journeyman
    That’s a new one on me, stopping traffic. Especially a live motorway with cars bombing up and down. Idiots.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Are you saying a rolling road block,then bringing the motorway to a complete halt, getting out of their cars to switch drivers and then continuing.

Utter stupidity and they deserve to be locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie1 View Post
    Driving East along the M4 yesterday (Sunday) afternoon and traffic was frequently brought to a halt as a group of young men in a variety of lowered suspension vehicles Deliberately stopped the traffic so that they could change Cars and then race each other at very high speeds.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Blog Entries
    You could call the police.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Hanging too good for them, they need a good kick up the arse.

Defo 999 call required, that is unbelievable dangerous behaviour.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Master
    Get a dash cam, record it, and submit evidence to police on the relevant website.

Pete

Craftsman
    yes rolling road block for 30 miles or so in Berkshire
    I was too far back to film them but hopefully someone in a car with a better view did that

Master
    I've seen travellers racing horse and buggies along the A64 dual carriageway at 6am in the morning back in the 1980's. Similar to these:-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhFlw7r63R8
    Lots of money changing hands in the cafes before and after!

Master
    yes rolling road block for 30 miles or so in Berkshire
    I was too far back to film them but hopefully someone in a car with a better view did that
    Can't be around J10, it is all 50mph for 'smart' motorway...doing my head in going anywhere.

Utter madness though with a rolling block to swap cars; hope they get caught.

Where I live they drive round and round the local town all day trying to pull underage schoolgirls and have the odd race at night on quiet roads.

I cant imagine them on a motorway, must be a new breed of moron

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    Where I live they drive round and round the local town all day trying to pull underage schoolgirls and have the odd race at night on quiet roads.

Whereabouts is that? If it’s true then it’s obviously criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Whereabouts is that? If it’s true then it’s obviously criminal.
    South West Wales, near the coast. Its been happening as long as I can remember.

There is CCTV but local legend has it the CCTV is not actually switched on lol.

Blog Entries
    OK dial 999 turn on the dash cam submit the footage bottom line a total and utter waste of time the “ Police” or as they are better known as the fat lazy big mac eaters will do precisely nothing that’s the new world order get used to it.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    OK dial 999 turn on the dash cam submit the footage bottom line a total and utter waste of time the “ Police” or as they are better known as the fat lazy big mac eaters will do precisely nothing that’s the new world order get used to it.
    Well I suppose it saves them having to apologise later! :-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I'll be surprised if the police do anything about it, too much 'woke' about now and they may mentally affect them.
    Grow up, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Grow up, mate.
    Maybe sober up might be more appropriate.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    Pakistanis izzit, bro?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Pakistanis izzit, bro?

R
    Why jump to asking if it's Pakistanis? Racist question.

Master
    Pakistanis izzit, bro?

R

Not cool ralphy

Being completely honest with you, Rod, the use of "woke" as a perorative gets on my nerves, and kind of suggests that being conscious and aware of social issues that adversely affect our fellow humans, and actually wanting to do something about it, is in some way a bad thing. It irritates me in the same way as phrases like "offended by proxy" do.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Being completely honest with you, Rod, the use of "woke" as a perorative gets on my nerves, and kind of suggests that being conscious and aware of social issues that adversely affect our fellow humans, and actually wanting to do something about it, is in some way a bad thing. It irritates me in the same way as phrases like "offended by proxy" do.
    It's part of the far right narrative, Tony, don't let it get to you. It only shows where those people get their information (I use the word loosely) from.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    Not cool ralphy
    It was meant as a dark humour comment, nothing more. But I accept that some people will get that, others not so.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    It's part of the far right narrative, Tony, don't let it get to you. It only shows where those people get their information (I use the word loosely) from.
    This.

R

G&D thread derailed by the BP massif, again.

Master
    It was meant as a dark humour comment, nothing more. But I accept that some people will get that, others not so.

R
    "Dark" because its "racist" yes I got that ralphy. I see no clever irony in what you posted.

I'm sorry, but that sounds like the sort of response one would expect from someone with leftist tendencies; how do you know "those people" (in this context another pejorative term bandied around by some who maybe should know better) don't include "those people" in the middle and who are fed up to the back teeth with the polarisation in politics and society - why not try and leave the extremes of politics out of it (and yes, I get the irony).

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    I'm sorry, but that sounds like the sort of response one would expect from someone with leftist tendencies; how do you know "those people" (in this context another pejorative term bandied around by some who maybe should know better) don't include "those people" in the middle and who are fed up to the back teeth with the polarisation in politics and society - why not try and leave the extremes of politics out of it (and yes, I get the irony).
    WOKE: aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)
    See above Merriam-Webster's dictionary definition of "woke". Then reflect on who those who use it as a derogatory term could be, and whether they play a part in the polarisation of society you claim being fed up with.
    Last edited by Saint-Just; 14th July 2020 at 11:25.

Blog Entries
    Another one destined for the pit
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Another one destined for the pit
    Yes, spoilt by the usual suspects,

No need to bring 'woke' and 'underage girls' into the discussion.

See above Merriam-Webster's dictionary definition of "woke". Then reflect on who those who use it as a derogatory term could be, and whether they play a part in the polarisation of society you claim being fed up with.
    ..and so it continues, ad infinitum

Master
    Do those who get worked up about “leftist tendencies” feel any such concern about the advance of the right in society? Probably not.

..and so it continues, ad infinitum
    Thank you for your contribution.

Do those who get worked up about “leftist tendencies” feel any such concern about the advance of the right in society? Probably not.
    The irony was wasted, obviously

Master
    The irony was wasted, obviously
    But when you’re only signalling out those with “leftist tendencies” then what else do you expect? It suggests that you don’t feel similarly concerned about the other extreme. You identify yourself as occupying the middle ground, but there’s only the one extreme that seems to bother you.

But when you’re only signalling out those with “leftist tendencies” then what else do you expect? It suggests that you don’t feel similarly concerned about the other extreme. You identify yourself as occupying the middle ground, but there’s only the one extreme that seems to bother you.
    Hardly an extreme, too...

My son just mentioned this to me. The following is according to what he's heard, he himself wasn't there and I obviously wasn't there also but ....

It was a VW Golf meet and they were driving along in a group, I think it was after the main meet so they were coming back? When supposedly a guy in an Audi, nothing to do with the meet tried to run a few of them off the road? The guy, again supposedly tried this quite a few times, basically speeding up and slowing down with them, taunting them.

Stupidity then must have kicked it as they all decided to confront the guy by, yep by slowing to a stop on the motorway. Somebody then called the police, the guys in the meet reckon it was the Audi driver, the police did later turn up, stopped them, handed out tickets and a couple of the cars were also seized, the guy in the Audi drove off.

Again I wasn't there, but you really can't beat a bit of stupidity. I did question my son as to dashcam footage, most of these guys do have a dashcam and if this Audi driving was doing as they claimed surely they would have footage of it but it still isn't an excuse for endangering the lives of the unsuspecting public.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
    "Dark" because its "racist" yes I got that ralphy. I see no clever irony in what you posted.
    Indeed, another of the Bernard Manning ilk that thinks racism in humour is acceptable. Disgusting.
    Ralphy spends half his life telling others not to be racist but employs it in 'his' sense of humour as if it's OK. It's not.

And coming out with:
    But I accept that some people will get that, others not so.

R
    Some will get the joke, some won't?????
    What group of people do you think will get the joke and what group do you think would be offended?
    Last edited by K300; 15th July 2020 at 00:04.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K300 View Post
    Indeed, another of the Bernard Manning ilk that thinks racism in humour is acceptable. Disgusting.
    Ralphy spends half his life telling others not to be racist but employs it in 'his' sense of humour as if it's OK. It's not.

And coming out with:

Some will get the joke, some won't?????
    What group of people do you think will get the joke and what group do you think would be offended?
    He actually was implying that the post he replied to was singling out Pakistani men, but it made no mention of what demographic were being referred to. In fact it could have been men of many different backgrounds. He decided that it must be referring to "Pakistanis". Perhaps he has a reason for that.

Pakistanis izzit, bro?

R

The way I read Ralphys post was that he used the term, written in slang, as that is the usual stereotypical demographic that get the blame by others as a easy throwaway explanation to behaviour like that in the previous post.
    If you know Ralphy from his posts, you will know he hasn’t got a racist bone in his body.
    Last edited by JasonM; 15th July 2020 at 07:08.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    The way I read Ralphys post was that he used the term, written in slang, as that is the usual stereotypical demographic that get the blame by others as a easy throwaway explanation to behaviour like that in the previous post.
    If you know Ralphy from his posts, you will know he hasn’t got a racist bone in his body.
    I don’t think he’s a racist either.

But if someone has the temerity to suggest that women don’t have penises, there’s half a dozen squad cars and a helicopter mobilised in minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Having read many of Ralphy's posts, I don't see where the assumption he'sa racist come from.

It sounded more like the kind of slang they used in Goodness Gracious Me when mocking young Asian's affectations of American black youth slang.

I might be wrong, of course, but on balance I suspect not.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

ralphy isn't racist, we all know this. K300 needs help, we all know this too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    ralphy isn't racist, we all know this. K300 needs help, we all know this too.
    And here's a response from a someone who thinks using the phrase white slags is OK, as long as it's in a joke of course.

There's no excuse for racism, regardless of how often you protest it was in jest or how often you protest you aren't a racist, seen it all before and far too common in society. Get with the program, stamp out racism in all it's guises.
    Last edited by K300; 16th July 2020 at 00:18.

Quote Originally Posted by K300 View Post
    And here's a response form a someone who thinks using the phrase white slags is OK, as long as it's in a joke of course.
    Go to the Dr.