closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What’s a good battery operated easy to set up Outdoor Security Camera???

Ordered a couple of sets of Arlo cameras off the back of this.

Got everything set up easily enough, but the Arlo hub wouldn't connect to the app on the phone. Spoke with them online but as I'm in the UK, had to have another support desk deal with it. Received an email confirming my case almost immediately, and haven't heard a thing since, which was two weeks ago. Tried phoning a couple of times, just in a permanent hold, gave up after an hour the last time. There is an offer of pressing 1 and that will hold your place in the queue so they can phone you back. Tried that as well and nothing so they've had to go back.

Shame as they looked decent quality as well but having since read about the non existent customer service, doesnt look like I'm the only one.

Malc

I have used Arlo before. Just make sure you have a good wireless internet connection. Quality was good for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the Blink XT2 system. Have 4 of them outside and 5 of the new mini ones indoors.
    Great quality, no subscription, long battery life and the app is soo easy to use. Plus loads of flexibility reg recording time, sensitivity, active zones etc.

They go in the sale quite often, working out at closer to £70 a camera rather than £100 ish.

Cheers,
    Chris

Sent from my Nokia 9 using TZ-UK mobile app

I have to say I’m impressed with the Blink system I have, no issues with being able to get recorded clips when activated to my phone, great picture quality and cheap enough.

They do the trick for me, thanks to the OP who originally recommended them...

Just a quick heads up. The Blink cameras are currently in the sale at the mo.

Chris.

Sent from my Nokia 9 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chris2982 View Post
    Just a quick heads up. The Blink cameras are currently in the sale at the mo.

Chris.

Sent from my Nokia 9 using Tapatalk
    Just ordered mine. Thanks Chris.

Blog Entries
    I have just replaced our Arlo system with a Eufy set up. Battery life is superb, up to 365 days with some cameras, and whole interface is vastly superior to Arlo with no subscription required.

Craftsman
    I’ve used Arlo with rechargeable batteries for about 3 years, I charge them up about every 6 months. Only issue I have is with geofencing part of the solution.

Very impressed with blink xt2.

They just released the blink outdoor. Looks a lot like the xt2, has privacy zones, option to add a usb drive for storage and an optional battery expansion which doubles stated capacity from 2 to 4 years (will be available later)

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Goyne View Post
    They just released the blink outdoor. Looks a lot like the xt2, has privacy zones, option to add a usb drive for storage and an optional battery expansion which doubles stated capacity from 2 to 4 years (will be available later)

Have you a link to these Glenn? I’m looking to add some more cameras to my setup! Really like the ease of setup and use with these!