closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eBay seller - what a plonker!

Master

eBay seller - what a plonker!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pinklucyj...m=333651516732

A Yacht-Master " ... barely any on the market and getting extremely hard to find in ADs. It’s already being talked about on forums as the hottest yacht master to date - and this ones in the delicious black dial. "

A TT Daytona "... the Champagne dial is extremely rare. The prices since COVID have skyrocketed, and this will only increase as waiting lists get longer. Not to mention, the Champagne dial is already the rarest of the three.

Once this is gone, you might be lucky to see another 116503 Champagne for sale in the next 3 months alone!"

And a Datejust "There is Datejust's, and then there's a Wimbledon Datejust. Trying to get your hands on one of these with an AD is near impossible. This is one of the few DJ41 models that continues to appreciate."

As John Cooper Clarke said "They can't find a good word for you, but I can. T**t."

Master
    This one's going to slip through my fingers 😫

Are these fake or is this just an ebay Del Boy amateur trading in Rolex?

Blog Entries
    Guy's a salesman!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    I'm going with fakes, they suddenly have 3 rare Rolex posted with a sales history of jeans and trainers...🙄

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by J J Carter View Post
    This one's going to slip through my fingers 
    Excellent!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post

Multiple wannabe Rolex "dealers" have sprung up. This one hasn't been able to get hold of anything desirable so is resorting to spouting sh*** to make the gullible think he's selling something sought after.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Multiple wannabe Rolex "dealers" have sprung up. This one hasn't been able to get hold of anything desirable so is resorting to spouting sh*** to make the gullible think he's selling something sought after.
    It's funny how over the last few years, the lack of supply for Rolex has encouraged every man and his dog to become amateur Del Boy Rolex dealers.

Master
    Shameful I know, but I enjoy reading this stuff. The little touches, such as ‘as we all know....’. . You can’t help laughing.

Master
    Actually, it reminded me of the quote attributed to JFK's father: "You know it's time to sell when shoeshine boys give you stock tips. This bull market is over."

You could tinker with that and say "You know it's time to sell your Rolex watches when everyone thinks they can make money trading them".

It was similar in the stock market (specifically tech stock) boom of the late 1990s. You'd hear all sorts of people who you would never regard as equity investors taking about shares.

Blog Entries
    It's funny how over the last few years, the lack of supply for Rolex has encouraged every man and his dog to become amateur Del Boy Rolex dealers.
    Supply and demand. 'Twas ever thus.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Journeyman
    I wonder if he would take £10000 on that Daytona for a quick sale ....

Craftsman
    Check out his moncler trainers previously sold. It must be nouveau french styling to replace the customary label with a pencilled 44 to indicate the size 😂

Looks like he’s wearing a fine DH gate purchase in some of the photos holding the watch.

Craftsman
    For every amateur Rolex dealer there is another tool watch investor.

Quote Originally Posted by J J Carter View Post
    I'm going with fakes, they suddenly have 3 rare Rolex posted with a sales history of jeans and trainers...
    Whats with the watches of Switzerland claim, how can he get around that if it is a fake?

Quote Originally Posted by stevecross View Post
    Whats with the watches of Switzerland claim, how can he get around that if it is a fake?
    That's why I am confused about this thread...is the OP commenting on the outlandish descriptions or does he believe they are fakes?

Seems to be that there are a few people on this thread saying these are fake watches without really confirming why. I don't really know enough about these particular models to spot a fake so it would be helpful if those who are saying these are fakes told the rest of us why.

Master
    If anyone is in the market for a completely trashed and unusable DJ dial, this is your man:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/rolex/324233689916

EDIT: A thing of beauty.

Last edited by David_D; 19th July 2020 at 12:32.

If anyone is in the market for a completely trashed and unusable DJ dial, this is your man:

Description is comedy gold says "Datejust dial, new i think" hahaha battered to an inch of it's life i think..

Master
    The least competent fraudster ever.

Master
    I believe that “Datejust” dial is actually fake, never mind its condition.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    I believe that “Datejust” dial is actually fake, never mind its condition.
    Interesting! It beggars belief that anyone could think someone would part with money for it. Why would you want it?!

Master
    This is Gumtree. No idea what he is selling but I love the description for a £2,000 (?) watch!

Master
    That’s shocking!

Master
    Another stunning timepiece.

Bid while you have the chance!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolex-Lad...e/254753399187

"Rolex Ladies Watch , Oyster Perpetual Day pate. Condition is "Used". Found in my old suutcase. Don't know much about it. Dispatched within 2,3 working days."

That one is a stunner, low starting bid too

Oh wow that is stunning. And what a bargain price!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Lovely patina 🤣

Is this the meteorite effect?!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewood View Post
    Is this the meteorite effect?!!
    Yes, hit by one!!

"Rolex Ladies Watch , Oyster Perpetual Day pate. Condition is "Used". Found in my old suutcase. Don't know much about it. Dispatched within 2,3 working days."

For the benefit of the rest of us, can you point out what you think maybe wrong with this?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    For the benefit of the rest of us, can you point out what you think maybe wrong with this?
    It's the font spacing I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Don't mind the cynics on here. It's actually a rare prototype dial. At least that's what Fred (or was it Bill?) at Rolex told me.

Craftsman

I saw this bargain on Facebook marketplace. I never had realised that omega and Rolex collaborated in the past. Bargain at £250

Master
    EDIT: Listing disappeared!!

A good time to resurrect this thread:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolex-Hulk-Submariner-116610lv-2019-in-Pristine-Condition-Full-Set-/373640675152

What a sad plonker!
    Last edited by David_D; 7th July 2021 at 11:57.

Haha, love that highlighted line. In other words they found it in their suitcase after a drunken night out in Tenerife, don't remember much about it other than the fact the seller kept on mistakingly referring to them as "Jimmie"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Haha, love that highlighted line. In other words they found it in their suitcase after a drunken night out in Tenerife, don't remember much about it other than the fact the seller kept on mistakingly referring to them as "Jimmie"
    Gone are the days when you’d find random Rolex watches in your suitcase!

Master
    Back up for now. On my phone or I’d post some screen shots.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolex-Hulk-Submariner-116610lV-2019-in-Pristine-Condition-Full-Set-/373641240342

EDIT: Listing disappeared!!

A good time to resurrect this thread:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolex-Hulk-Submariner-116610lv-2019-in-Pristine-Condition-Full-Set-/373640675152

What a sad plonker!

Master
    What are the giveaways that it's a fake? I get the dodgy pics etc, and the 0 feedback and no other items for sale...

Master

eBay seller - what a plonker!

Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post
    What are the giveaways that it's a fake? I get the dodgy pics etc, and the 0 feedback and no other items for sale...
    Ignoring any of the tells from the watch, 3rd pic is not even a Rolex. Who takes photos of the back of their car loaded with ‘designer bags’ to show how wealthy they are, then photographs the watch box etc in the car to show more ‘wealth’. Chav as they come.

Even if the watch was legit, his entire lifestyle choice would make me never purchase from him. And I’m the one who will need to show identification from him…wow.

ETA, here’s me with a bag outside a closed off Rolex AD, now I’m home, look at me and my velour sofa with all the fake bits you get with it.

Zero feedback too. Am assuming some here have been bidding this beauty up?

Last edited by Mj2k; 8th July 2021 at 16:38.

Dont want to give too much away but the shape of the coronet tells me this is possibly a fake

Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post
    The 116610 LV had a green face?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    The 116610 LV had a green face?
    One of the images has the green dial!!

Master
    One of the images has the green dial!!
    I though they were both green, just look really dark because of the lighting.

Certainly not showing the watch to its best.

Master
    Actually, it reminded me of the quote attributed to JFK's father: "You know it's time to sell when shoeshine boys give you stock tips. This bull market is over."

You could tinker with that and say "You know it's time to sell your Rolex watches when everyone thinks they can make money trading them".

It was similar in the stock market (specifically tech stock) boom of the late 1990s. You'd hear all sorts of people who you would never regard as equity investors taking about shares.
    In 2007 I sold all of my investment/rental houses, at what turned out to be the top of the market. This was largely prompted by being told one morning, by the postman, and later that day, by a motor mechanic, that this was the time to buy. Within the week they were all on the market and sold promptly. There is currently one of them back on the market with an asking price of 65% of what I got 14 years ago.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TomGW View Post
    There is currently one of them back on the market with an asking price of 65% of what I got 14 years ago.
    Scary but I can imagine similar round where I am. “Investors” from outside the area were paying stupid money for ‘apartments’ they’d never seen basing their value expectations on central London.

To be fair, I was suggesting the Rolex madness had peaked this time last year and I was clearly wrong.

Master
    Not so much a seller plonker but rather than start a new thread.

The bracelet on this 114060 looks completely knackered and no mention of any service - ever. Already bid up to £7,100 in a few hours.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/rolex-submariner-14060-/265333352600

It’s nice these days to see a Rolex that’s been worn but paying that kind of money seems insane.

Master
    What do we reckon? Sounds dodgy as hell to me. Member since 2021 and feedback of 3 all for purchases, no sales. Was a gift and doesn’t know what it’s worth….

Images look genuine but the outer box has 11661LB on the label.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolex-Daytona-Panda-116500LN-white-IGNORE-STATING-PRICE-explained-In-Desc-/363634258139

“Rolex Daytona Panda 116500LN white IGNORE STATING PRICE,explained In Desc”

Description:

Rolex Daytona Panda 116500LN white.

IGNORE THE STARTING PRICE, ebay won’t allow a higher starting price as I haven’t listed anything this expensive before.

A present a couple of years ago which I was going to keep for an investment but due to a break up I’d rather let the watch go now and have the money.

It comes with everything I received with it which I’ve shown in the picture.

I’ve only worn a couple of times in the house and one special occasion.

I’m not sure what the retail price was as it was a present but I understand due to it not being brand new as much I’m not going to get full retail price back.

Get in touch with any questions I’ll try get back to you as soon as I can, Bare in mind though I’m no watch expert but I’m happy to answer any queries.

Free postage

Thank you”
    Last edited by David_D; 26th November 2021 at 12:35.

Master
    A member since August '21 and 3 feedback. What could possibly go wrong.

What do we reckon? Looks dodgy as hell to me. Was a gift and doesn’t know what it’s worth….

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolex-Daytona-Panda-116500LN-white-IGNORE-STATING-PRICE-explained-In-Desc-/363634258139

“Rolex Daytona Panda 116500LN white IGNORE STATING PRICE,explained In Desc”

Description:

Rolex Daytona Panda 116500LN white.

IGNORE THE STARTING PRICE, ebay won’t allow a higher starting price as I haven’t listed anything this expensive before.

A present a couple of years ago which I was going to keep for an investment but due to a break up I’d rather let the watch go now and have the money.

It comes with everything I received with it which I’ve shown in the picture.

I’ve only worn a couple of times in the house and one special occasion.

I’m not sure what the retail price was as it was a present but I understand due to it not being brand new as much I’m not going to get full retail price back.

Get in touch with any questions I’ll try get back to you as soon as I can, Bare in mind though I’m no watch expert but I’m happy to answer any queries.

Free postage

Thank you”

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    A member since August '21 and 3 feedback. What could possibly go wrong.
    Gift and “don’t know what it’s worth” huge red flags. Especially then when he mentions keeping as an investment when he’s already said he might not get back what was paid!
    Last edited by David_D; 26th November 2021 at 12:50.

Is the Day pate similar to the Day-Date?

Presumably it's a good starter for a collection.