closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex sales query

Master

Rolex sales query

Haven’t sold a decent watch before so a question. My 4.5 year old Datejust blue dial has a scuff on the bracelet clasp (I managed that on day 1) Is it generally best to have it serviced and the mark polished out by Rolex or just sell “as is”?

I would sell "as is" and price accordingly - this then gives the buyer the choice when to service. I imagine most buyers would prefer this route (albeit they will lose the watch for 2 months when it comes to service time, but a small inconvenience in my book).

Craftsman
    How bad is the scuff? Could potentially be something you can clear up yourself if it’s not deep and your standard desk diving mark.

If it’s on the polished part, mask off the brushed area and use cape cod. If it’s on the brushed area, mask off the polished area and gently brush using a wet Garryflex block (same direction every stroke).

Tons of youtube videos available covering the above. I’ve cleaned up several bracelets/clasps myself with great success. If it’s deep though, I’d not tackle it myself.

Either sell as-is or take it to WoS who offer a Rolex accredited finishing service. Might only be £100 Inc the watch but I'm sure you're allowed to just send the bracelet.

It is likely not needing a service (unless it is running poorly?)

With this in mind I would price accordingly and sell as it is.

Master
    Thanks chaps.