closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Motorhome hire options

Motorhome hire options

I may need to drive to Spain with my Mrs, baby and 12yr old son - it would be just direct there, no touristy stuff on the way or back. It’s mainly to get her and the baby to her family in Spain without flying.

Any experience or pointers on where to hire?
    I would prefer to pay less than a grand if poss., and would need it for about 7 days hire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Any reason why a decent sized car wouldn’t do the job ? i.e. do you need the bed / shower / toilet that comes with a decent sized motor home ?

Pete

Craftsman
    We have used 'Just Go' a few times, they seem to be Ok.

https://www.justgo.uk.com/

Motorhome hire options

Quote Originally Posted by ptcoll View Post
    Any reason why a decent sized car wouldn’t do the job ? i.e. do you need the bed / shower / toilet that comes with a decent sized motor home ?

Pete
    Yep - a 15 month baby, a wife who has never been camping and a wish to avoid hotels.

I’m a seasoned traveller, rough camp, drive all day, no probs... but it’s not me. It needs to be self sufficient for 3 days and not too much hard routine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I would think twice about using a motorhome in Spain as they have become a bit of a scapegoat for spreading the virus. The Guardia are a bit heavy handed with the owners and you could be in an awkward spot if Spain reverses the recent easing up. You could find yourself being stopped all the time.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretzel View Post
    We have used 'Just Go' a few times, they seem to be Ok.

https://www.justgo.uk.com/
    Depends where your based but this suggestion of justgo J12 M1 would suit your needs. Always see the vans about locally be collected or dropped off.

Master
    Not an expert but I’d imagine there could be mileage restrictions and other costs for driving in Europe. I’d imagine you’re looking at 2-3 . Also by the time you’ve stopped off at campsites and used their toilets, showers etc you’re probably safer on a short flight.

Master
    You will need a 3 berth probably. Ours has only 2 belted seats. I've not seen any many 3 berth for hire so you might have to get a 4 berth.

How far from the French border are you going in Spain?

If not too far, it might be worth leaving your motorhome in France, and rent a car for the rest of the trip, to avoid possible issues with Spanish attitudes with motorhomes at the time of Covid-19
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.