closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: NH36 / 4r36 etc.

NH36 / 4r36 etc.

Just a quick question. If I am changing a movement in a watch (SKX009 with 7s26, day date at 3 with crown at 4ish) can I use any drop-in replacement with day date at 3?
    My confusion is regarding alignment of day date to 3 if you move the position of the crown to 4ish. Looking at Cousins and ebay, all the crowns are at 3 with day date at 3.
    I've previously swapped a movement in a similar Seiko but purchased a ready-to-go 6r15 which was even fitted with the correct movement holder.

Master
    If you use a movement designed for the crown at 3 in a crown at 4 case the day will be out of alignment, but you can use the day wheel from the 7s26 to fix this. You'll also have to strip most of the dial side and swap the plastic movement ring over as I've yet to see a replacement NH/4R movement fitted with the thicker type needed for diver cases.

I’ve been toying with the idea of doing this myself, from the videos I’ve watched it seems as long as you use the day wheel from the 7s26 it will line up - hopefully someone with some real world experience will chime in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes sense that the day wheel has the glued cog on the back set to a different angle. Does that also apply to the date?

Master
    I’ve done this on a couple of 7546 movements
    On those you need to remove the circlip, day wheel then the date wheel guard, then remove tha date wheel and swap them with the ones from your 4pm crown movement
    I presume you will also have the complications of the difference in crown/ stem
    You’ll need to attach the old crown to the new stem or it will not screw down (I think)
    Last edited by lewie; 20th July 2020 at 08:05.