closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Replacement Rolex warranty cards.

Replacement Rolex warranty cards.

I had always thought that Rolex wouldn't reissue warranty cards if they go missing and remember a thread recently where the AD had actually lost the warranty card that they had retained and the person was told Rolex wouldn't replace it.

Well here's one for you. I have just traded my 126710BLRO for a NOS Explorer II Polar 16570. It is one of the very last Explorer II 40mm with the 3186 movement and was sold in brand new at AD in 2018. Now this watch should be in the older Rolex box and have the older style warranty card BUT it comes with the newer style card and all the newer accessories. So at some point the Rolex AD must have sent the older warranty card back to Rolex and requested a newer style one along with the box etc.

I find it hard to believe that AD's said it is impossible to get replacement cards for watches when clearly that is what has happened here. Or is it the fact the watch was never sodl and the original card was sent back rather than going missing? Has anyone else been made aware of anything like this as I am sure it has happened down the years when paperwork and card changes occurred and slow stock has been left languishing in the display cases of safes.

Master
    It is surprising how many discontinued models remain in stock in the system for so long. The 16710, 16570 and even 116520 were all still showing in price lists some time after they were superseded and yes, new (apparently anachronistic) accessories were sometimes supplied.

If you search the threads comprehensively, you will find posts where I have demonstrated that cards CAN be replaced, the circumstances and even the cost. It’s a very limited range of scenarios, but it does happen. I have myself had a midsize that came with TWO warranty cards!

As an aside, only last week Rolex UK sent us a repair. It was someone else’s watch, an Air-King that Rolex posted to us in error....but with a duplicate service card for a 14060M we had correctly received from them a week earlier.

H

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    It is surprising how many discontinued models remain in stock in the system for so long. The 16710, 16570 and even 116520 were all still showing in price lists some time after they were superseded and yes, new (apparently anachronistic) accessories were sometimes supplied.

If you search the threads comprehensively, you will find posts where I have demonstrated that cards CAN be replaced, the circumstances and even the cost. It’s a very limited range of scenarios, but it does happen. I have myself had a midsize that came with TWO warranty cards!

As an aside, only last week Rolex UK sent us a repair. It was someone else’s watch, an Air-King that Rolex posted to us in error....but with a duplicate service card for a 14060M we had correctly received from them a week earlier.

H
    Thank you for the knowledge as always Haywood.

Master
    I should have added that when the 216570 was released there was a sea of the older model washing around the network. At one time I think I had 13 of the 16570 in stock.

There’s a big difference between exchanging and replacing a missing card.