timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: TIME4U LUXURY WATCHES LIMITED joseph thorpe

Apprentice

TIME4U LUXURY WATCHES LIMITED joseph thorpe

TIME4U LUXURY WATCHES LIMITED
    Mr Joseph Thorpe

Joseph Thorpe. Luxury Watch Dealer. Time4u Luxury WatchesLondon. Brighton

Has anyone ever had any dealings with this watch company It seems to have been registered in Novmber 2019 at companies house
    Last edited by the master; 9th July 2020 at 21:11.

Quote Originally Posted by the master View Post
    Mr Joseph Thorpe

Has anyone ever had any dealings with this watch company It seems to have been registered in Novmber 2019 at companies house
    No, but it sounds a bit cheesy in title.

Just make sure it’s nothing to do with Paul Thorpe or any of his associates. Might be ok but I know him and his family live in Brighton

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbains0708 View Post
    Just make sure it’s nothing to do with Paul Thorpe or any of his associates. Might be ok but I know him and his family live in Brighton

Good advice. I’d be very careful. Well, to be honest, I’d run a mile. It might be entirely legit , but sometimes caution is called for.

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbains0708 View Post

Who's Paul Thorpe and what's wrong with him?

I wouldn't go near anyone with that last name in watches. I'd run more than a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by PawG View Post
    Who's Paul Thorpe and what's wrong with him?
    https://www.theabi.org.uk/news/count...y-restrictions

Is it the guy with a YT channel?

Apprentice

TIME4U LUXURY WATCHES LIMITED Mr Joseph Thorpe

whats odd is there seems to be no website or shop where it seems to trade but at companies house shows this
    Registered office address
    130 Old Street, London, England, EC1V 9BD

Company status
    Active

Company type
    Private limited Company

Incorporated on
    4 November 2019

Accounts

First accounts made up to 30 November 2020
    due by 4 August 2021
    Confirmation statement

First statement date 3 November 2020
    due by 15 December 2020
    Nature of business (SIC)

- Repair of watches, clocks and jewellery

It may well have premises but I cant find them anywhere the old street address is accountants and services for companies so I assume it is where the company is registed for accounts

Joseph Thorpe - Director - Time4u Luxury Watches | LinkedIn
    uk.linkedin.com › joseph-thorpe-2492a9196

Joseph Thorpe. Luxury Watch Dealer. Time4u Luxury WatchesLondon. Brighton, United Kingdom60 connections. Join to Connect · Report this profile ...
    Brighton, United Kingdom - ‎Time4u Luxury Watches
    Last edited by the master; 9th July 2020 at 22:46.

Apprentice
    No it's not Paul Thorpe with the YouTube channel

that article relates to his son Jamie Thorpe who admitted a large scale watch fraud and he would not be involved in this company as he has the following restrictions and can only be involved in the running etc of a company with the court's permission

it is an offence if you:

do not disclose your status as a person subject to bankruptcy restrictions to a credit provider if you wish to get credit of £500 or more.
    carry on business in a different name from the name in which you were made bankrupt, you must disclose to those you wish to do business with the name (or trading style) under which you were made bankrupt.
    act as the director of a company or take part in its promotion, formation or management unless you apply to the court for permission to do so.
    act as an insolvency practitioner, or as the receiver or manager of the property of a company on behalf of debenture holders.
    Last edited by the master; 9th July 2020 at 23:11.

Apprentice

TIME4U LUXURY WATCHES

Linkedin shows the company as in being in Brighton Hove area

I suppose it is possible that the premises or website has a different name and only the finances are dealt with using the company name As there are no accounts yet it is not possible to see the full details of who is who in the company
    Last edited by the master; 9th July 2020 at 23:06.

Linkedin shows the company as in being in Brighton Hove area

I suppose it is possible that the premises or website has a different name and only the finances are dealt with using the company name As there are no accounts yet it is not possible to see the full details of who is who in the company
    Hmmmm......Thorpe + Brighton = coincidence?

Mr Joseph Thorpe

Where did you come across them?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

No it's not Paul Thorpe with the YouTube channel

that article relates to his son Jamie Thorpe who admitted a large scale watch fraud and he would not be involved in this company as he has the following restrictions and can only be involved in the running etc of a company with the court's permission
    Yes, my mistake, Jamie Paul Thorpe is Paul Thorpe’s son.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Where did you come across them?

R
    I was told by someone that they had heard you could get some good deals from the company but as I said I can't seem to find any trace of a premises or site which is odd yet the company is registered as a luxury watch dealer and a Joseph Thorpe as the director its a mystery It cant be anything to do with Paul Thorpe as he has retired as a dealer and only acts as a consultant for buyers subject to fees. Jamie Thorpe is banned from running a company so it can't be him . I am a little intrigued by the whole thing .

I was told by someone that they had heard you could get some good deals from the company but as I said I can't seem to find any trace of a premises or site which is odd yet the company is registered as a luxury watch dealer and a Joseph Thorpe as the director its a mystery It cant be anything to do with Paul Thorpe as he has retired as a dealer and only acts as a consultant for buyers subject to fees. Jamie Thorpe is banned from running a company so it can't be him . I am a little intrigued by the whole thing .
    You're going to struggle to get a good deal from them, given there's no obvious way to see what they've got to deal with. Perhaps your informant can elaborate?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    You're going to struggle to get a good deal from them, given there's no obvious way to see what they've got to deal with. Perhaps your informant can elaborate?

R
    No iv asked him and he said the person who told him said it was on the internet but neither of us can now find it. Maybe its been taken down ? I would not normally have bothered to look any further but when I found the name Joseph Thorpe and Brighton it has interested me and wondered if anyone has any suggestions on where to look that I have not thought of .

When I've been looking for new watches below RRP, I've come across a few 'one-man-band' dealers with similar sounding company names and when you dig into it, they aren't a shop, just a bloke operating from his house, buying on demand.

The Thorpe and Brighton combination would be enough to put me off this one. Too much of a coincidence that someone set up a company with the same business type, same surname and same location. Could be extended family or could be someone setting up the business on behalf of another family member to run. I don't really know the full story of Jamie Thorpe, and I understand Paul Thorpe wasn't implicated but I still wouldn't buy a watch from him.

Master
    Is it too much of a stretch to think that this individual might be related to other Thorpes, bent or otherwise?

Plenty of other dealers of established bona fides available --- visible or even tangible businesses, without links that you might question.

Edit: Cross-posted with Christian, above, while I was composing this post.

Does anyone know what Jamie Thorpe is now doing? Is he still involved in watches?
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 10th July 2020 at 14:21.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post
    Is it too much of a stretch to think that this individual might be related to other Thorpes, bent or otherwise?

Plenty of other dealers of established bona fides available --- visible or even tangible businesses, without links that you might question.

Edit: Cross-posted with Christian, above, while I was composing this post.

Does anyone know what Jamie Thorpe is now doing? Is he still involved in watches?
    No its possible that the company name was registered and never used It just the name Thorpe and Brighton it is probably a relative or coincidence

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    When I've been looking for new watches below RRP, I've come across a few 'one-man-band' dealers with similar sounding company names and when you dig into it, they aren't a shop, just a bloke operating from his house, buying on demand.

The Thorpe and Brighton combination would be enough to put me off this one. Too much of a coincidence that someone set up a company with the same business type, same surname and same location. Could be extended family or could be someone setting up the business on behalf of another family member to run. I don't really know the full story of Jamie Thorpe, and I understand Paul Thorpe wasn't implicated but I still wouldn't buy a watch from him.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/news/c...y-restrictions
    Last edited by the master; 11th July 2020 at 07:55.