closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: Uncle Seiko Bracelets for Omega

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    An excellent write-up, a v. useful post. I bought an 1171 back in 2015 for a SM 300 I built from parts and I wasn't impressed with the quality, so its no surprise that the Uncle Seiko offering is better.
    Thank you Paul.

    The US offering feels so much better put together.

  2. #52
    I just received the good news from Uncle Seiko that he is indeed working on a 1450, which will be coming "early next year."
    Something to look forward to!



    The 1450 on the right. Image courtesy of Omega Addict.com - Robert Broer.

  3. #53
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    950
    Great write up dkpw. How did you find removing links? Iíve fitted mine to a Railmaster (2403 generation in 39mm which I think has the same midcase as a Speedmaster Pro) and agree the end link for us spot on. But I havenít been able to remove the pins since theyíre in so tight! Have bent a few of my admittedly cheap watch tools

  4. #54
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    973
    Quote Originally Posted by momentum View Post
    Great write up dkpw. How did you find removing links? Iíve fitted mine to a Railmaster (2403 generation in 39mm which I think has the same midcase as a Speedmaster Pro) and agree the end link for us spot on. But I havenít been able to remove the pins since theyíre in so tight! Have bent a few of my admittedly cheap watch tools
    I have the US 1171 as well. I posted a picture early on in the thread. Some of the pins are an absolute pain to remove. They are jammed in incredibly tightly whereas others just pop out with just enough resistance to keep them safe when in situ. It's a bit trial and error unfortunately although I now have a perfect fit and it's very comfortable.

  5. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by momentum View Post
    Great write up dkpw. How did you find removing links? I’ve fitted mine to a Railmaster (2403 generation in 39mm which I think has the same midcase as a Speedmaster Pro) and agree the end link for us spot on. But I haven’t been able to remove the pins since they’re in so tight! Have bent a few of my admittedly cheap watch tools
    Thank you. I found that I didn't need to remove any links and was able to adjust for a comfortable fit using the clasp settings - I do like a very loose fit though.
    I see that Midgetda has replied with first hand experience.

    I have something similar to this kit, which has the advantage of being able to vary height and lateral distances, as well as coming with a number of pusher heads. Certainly there are better tools but if it's only an occasional job, I've found this suffices.


  6. #56
    Craftsman TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    I just received the good news from Uncle Seiko that he is indeed working on a 1450, which will be coming "early next year."
    Something to look forward to!
    This is excellent news!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #57
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    I have the US 1171 as well. I posted a picture early on in the thread. Some of the pins are an absolute pain to remove. They are jammed in incredibly tightly whereas others just pop out with just enough resistance to keep them safe when in situ. It's a bit trial and error unfortunately although I now have a perfect fit and it's very comfortable.
    Glad to hear itís not just me! Can I ask a very basic question - did you push the pins out in the direction the arrow points? Thatís what Iíve been doing but then started second guessing myself!

    Thanks for the kit link dkpw. I have. A plastic version of that bracelet tool which is totally not up to the job. Time for an upgrade!
    Last edited by momentum; 27th October 2020 at 00:53.

  8. #58
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    973
    Quote Originally Posted by momentum View Post
    Glad to hear itís not just me! Can I ask a very basic question - did you push the pins out in the direction the arrow points? Thatís what Iíve been doing but then started second guessing myself!

    Thanks for the kit link dkpw. I have. A plastic version of that bracelet tool which is totally not up to the job. Time for an upgrade!
    Yes you need to push the pins out in the direction if the arrows so you are doing it correctly. They can just be a pain in the you know where. The split part of the split pin is at the arrow side of the link and it's this that is the bit that gets wedged. Once that is clear of the link the pin comes out easily. Of course when pushing the pins back in they go back the way they came and the last bit is the trickiest as the split part then needs to push together to fit inside the link and hold in place. I suggest as much careful planning as possible to minimise messing around with the bracelet and also try and use those pins that's are easier to get out when pushing them back in post adjustment!

  9. #59
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    Yes you need to push the pins out in the direction if the arrows so you are doing it correctly. They can just be a pain in the you know where. The split part of the split pin is at the arrow side of the link and it's this that is the bit that gets wedged. Once that is clear of the link the pin comes out easily. Of course when pushing the pins back in they go back the way they came and the last bit is the trickiest as the split part then needs to push together to fit inside the link and hold in place. I suggest as much careful planning as possible to minimise messing around with the bracelet and also try and use those pins that's are easier to get out when pushing them back in post adjustment!
    Thanks for this - time to invest in a better bracelet tool and give it some gentle welly!

  10. #60
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    London
    Posts
    308

    Uncle Seiko Bracelets for Omega

    Quote Originally Posted by WatchFanUK23 View Post
    I didnít think it was going to be an option based on reading other forums but Omega were fine. When I initially called they said there were no spare unique parts available for the Apollo 11 because it was so new...but a month or so later I got the call and they had even ordered one in for me.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Hi all - just an update, once Omega got the bracelet in for me, they realised that it wonít fit the bog standard Speedy Pro (current iteration). I just wanted to let everyone know in case you were looking to get one. Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information