closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 50 of 72

Thread: Uncle Seiko Bracelets for Omega

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Maidstone
    Posts
    1,003

    Uncle Seiko Bracelets for Omega

    Has anyone heard of these bracelets or bought one?
    The maker seems to be a Seiko expert & Omega aficionado, he manufactures bracelets and straps that seem to be well regarded, selling at a reasonable price.
    I'm tempted by the flat link bracelet for the Speedmaster but I wanted to see if anyone here had first hand experience.
    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    986
    I bought the 1171 Speedie bracelet from Uncle Seiko. Good quality and fit and gives my speedmaster that "vintage" feel. Definitely recommended.

  3. #3
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Maidstone
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    I bought the 1171 Speedie bracelet from Uncle Seiko. Good quality and fit and gives my speedmaster that "vintage" feel. Definitely recommended.
    Thanks, I'm really tempted by the flat link bracelet. Are you in the UK? If so, what did it end up costing?
    Thanks,

  4. #4
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wakefield, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    19,411
    Had a look at the website and it reads well.

    I think I would go for it, a better value proposition than buying a modern Omega replacement 1171 or battered vintage one.

    You could always stick with the one youíve got, Iíve just refinished one and they do work well with the watch.

  5. #5
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    London
    Posts
    339
    I was just about to start the same thread as their advertising appeared on my Instagram feed today. Iím dead keen to get one of their bracelets. Glad to hear experience has been positive.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  6. #6
    Craftsman TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    785
    I have a SKX007 bracelet and itís very solid - impressive and certainly good value.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Craftsman leo1790's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    derby, UK
    Posts
    256
    Just about to order one for my speedy tokyo.
    All brushed or brushed/polished? Hmmmm.......

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    London
    Posts
    339
    Iíve just ordered one. I opted for the 1171 bracelet style. Cost me $102 with delivery. Letís see how it all goes. Iíll post pics when it arrives and I fit it.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  9. #9
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchFanUK23 View Post
    Iíve just ordered one. I opted for the 1171 bracelet style. Cost me $102 with delivery. Letís see how it all goes. Iíll post pics when it arrives and I fit it.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Is this from US or U.K. site? Iím not sure if it was COVID induced but I wasnít able to order the 1171 to the U.K. last time I tried!


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  10. #10
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    London
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by oconnorp View Post
    Is this from US or U.K. site? Iím not sure if it was COVID induced but I wasnít able to order the 1171 to the U.K. last time I tried!


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I ordered from the US site. I tried the UK site first but it didnít have the option to purchase, so I backtracked to view the US one.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  11. #11
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    1,086
    The non Seiko stuff from Uncle Seiko is only available from the US site.

    His bracelets are decent quality in my opinion. I have a Z199 reproduction and itís well worth the £50 or so it ended up costing me, albeit from the UK site.

  12. #12
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Maidstone
    Posts
    1,003
    Just ordered a 20mm all brushed flat link bracelet for my Speedmaster. Including postage it came to £84. It'll give me something to wait for while I'm waiting for my James Cameron...

  13. #13
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    London
    Posts
    339
    For those interested in the flat-linked style I found this:


    https://youtu.be/WQfjypBbQ_M


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  14. #14
    Surprised nobody's mentioned Forstnerbands yet.They are bringing out an Omega style flat link bracelet - solid end links 19 or 20mm,screwed links and expandable section.No price yet and coming out August.Looks amazing.

    Sent from my SM-A505FN using TZ-UK mobile app

  15. #15
    Master PreacherCain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,753
    I've ordered a flat-link Uncle Seiko for my -69ST. Will be very interesting to see how it looks when it arrives, certainly the photos look good, and his other (Seiko-focused) products that I've got are good. Fingers Crossed!

  16. #16
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    London
    Posts
    339
    Quote Originally Posted by amcneill View Post
    Surprised nobody's mentioned Forstnerbands yet.They are bringing out an Omega style flat link bracelet - solid end links 19 or 20mm,screwed links and expandable section.No price yet and coming out August.Looks amazing.

    Sent from my SM-A505FN using TZ-UK mobile app
    Yes I had seen this on another thread. Iím keen to see how these look. This is the reason I went for the 1171 from Uncle Seiko, and then I will probably follow-up with a Forstner flat-link. Roll on August....


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  17. #17
    Although I donít have a Speedmaster ( hope to get one in the future ) I am very impressed with Uncle Seiko and Forster Bands bracelets. I DMíd Forsterbands to see if they were thinking of doing a really good River oyster bracelet for vintage Subs and GMTs etc. They replied and said they are working on an expandable rivet oyster. What I would really want is if someone could provide a close copy of the C&I US market oyster that I think Steve McQueen had on his 5512 Sub.

  18. #18
    Master murkeywaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Near the sea
    Posts
    4,529
    I'm interested in the flat link for my Ed White, as sad as it sounds it would save my original 1035 from excessive wear.

    Uncle Seiko has a thread on the Omega Forum's asking about details to make Speedmaster bracelets - https://omegaforums.net/threads/need...design.100804/
    Last edited by murkeywaters; 14th July 2020 at 10:43.

  19. #19
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Cheshire UK
    Posts
    96
    I've ordered a brushed/ polished version for my Speedy. Never liked the modern Omega bracelet as it adds too much to the
    lug-to-lug distance.

    Does anyone know whether the Omega Apollo 11 50th bracelet is available separately and if so, what is the cost?

  20. #20
    Journeyman lexminute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    USA/UK/Asia
    Posts
    79
    I have a Beads of Rice, Chocolate bar, and Tropic strap from Uncle Seiko. Great quality for the price. The BoR is comparable with Strapcode's. The guy behind Uncle Seiko has real passion for watches so you can be assured that he would make his products to the same quality he expects from his fave brands.

  21. #21
    I have the beads of rice and have used it on my Speedmaster and Railmaster. Fits both cases perfectly and build quality is quite good. Hereís a couple of pics.




  22. #22
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Maidstone
    Posts
    1,003
    Possibly bone question - the bracelets DO come with end links right?

  23. #23
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    986
    Yes they do. And spring bars.

  24. #24
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Maidstone
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    Yes they do. And spring bars.
    Thanks, I had assumed so, but we all know about assumptions...

  25. #25
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by socolinsky View Post
    I have the beads of rice and have used it on my Speedmaster and Railmaster. Fits both cases perfectly and build quality is quite good. Hereís a couple of pics.

    This is EXACTLY the post I wanted to see! I'd like a bracelet for my Railmaster, but the £500 odd Omega want is just too rich for me since I suspect I'll mainly wear it on a strap. Great to hear these bracelets fit the Railmaster so well - think I'll be buying one!

  26. #26
    Master PreacherCain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,753
    My polished/brushed flat link bracelet turned up, and for the price I am very happy. The end links arenít the best fit, but the lugs on my speedy are a bit worn, so I think a bit of fettling will sort that.

    Itís authentically rattly and tinny, and I love the trompe-líoeil logo on the clasp - nice touch.






  27. #27
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by PreacherCain View Post
    My polished/brushed flat link bracelet turned up, and for the price I am very happy. The end links arenít the best fit, but the lugs on my speedy are a bit worn, so I think a bit of fettling will sort that.

    Itís authentically rattly and tinny, and I love the trompe-líoeil logo on the clasp - nice touch.





    Interesting combination


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #28
    How long did you guys wait for shipping? I ordered the US1171 and PCL bracelet on the 15th July and it is yet to turn up. The COVID-19 effect maybe?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  29. #29
    Master PreacherCain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,753
    I ordered on 10 July and it got to me on the 27th or 28th. Perhaps yours has gone walkies? (Or possibly got stuck at customs? I only ordered one bracelet and I guess the $89 value - declared - was below HMRC's threshold of interest...)

  30. #30
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Merry Old England
    Posts
    12,104
    I ordered one on Saturday night and two hours later got a notification of shipping and a USPS tracking number, which wasn't bad for a site that said it was experiencing delays. I checked this morning and it has left LA for the UK, so probably in the air as I type. Not sure how long it will take to get through customs here though. No rush, not waiting for it.

    I'm expecting to get hit for £20/£30 for VAT and couriers fees.

  31. #31
    Craftsman TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I ordered one on Saturday night and two hours later got a notification of shipping and a USPS tracking number, which wasn't bad for a site that said it was experiencing delays. I checked this morning and it has left LA for the UK, so probably in the air as I type. Not sure how long it will take to get through customs here though. No rush, not waiting for it.

    I'm expecting to get hit for £20/£30 for VAT and couriers fees.
    I got one a couple of months back and it sailed under the HMRC radar....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  32. #32
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Merry Old England
    Posts
    12,104
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    I got one a couple of months back and it sailed under the HMRC radar....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, fingers crossed.

  33. #33
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Maidstone
    Posts
    1,003
    Mine took just over a month, most of which was UK side. I got stiffed for £22 in Customs fees.
    I kept it for 3 days and sent it back - it's well made but it wasnít for me. Uncle Seiko was very gracious about it and said he'd refund me
    I felt guilty because I like the idea of what he's doing but it wasnít for me - I prefer the heavier bracelets I've discovered.

  34. #34
    Grand Master Wallasey Runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Merry Old England
    Posts
    12,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    Mine took just over a month, most of which was UK side. I got stiffed for £22 in Customs fees.
    I kept it for 3 days and sent it back - it's well made but it wasn’t for me. Uncle Seiko was very gracious about it and said he'd refund me
    I felt guilty because I like the idea of what he's doing but it wasn’t for me - I prefer the heavier bracelets I've discovered.
    The Unlce Seiko must be a million miles from a modern Deepsea bracelet. I like the charm of the thinner lighter bracelets. I found that with certain vintage watches like Seiko and even Rolex, especially those with the similar pop open clasp, they wear more like a piece of jewellery rather than a strong sturdy bracelet designed to keep a fairly robust watch head in place.

  35. #35
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Maidstone
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    The Unlce Seiko must be a million miles from a modern Deepsea bracelet. I like the charm of the thinner lighter bracelets. I found that with certain vintage watches like Seiko and even Rolex, especially those with the similar pop open clasp, they wear more like a piece of jewellery rather than a strong sturdy bracelet designed to keep a fairly robust watch head in place.
    I don't disagree at all. In the pictures the US bracelet looks amazing, so it is in the metal. I even "knew" that period bracelets were light & jangly but it really wasn't for me.
    I take your point about it being diametrically opposed to the Deepsea bracelet but in general I prefer a heavier bracelet.
    I should have thought about it a bit more before buying it but Uncle Seiko was very gracious about the return.

  36. #36
    Mine seems to have been held up at Heathrow for 4 weeks now. At the risk of sounding picky is it me or do the end links look slightly too small for the Speedy case...?



    I love the look of the bracelet, but Iíd hope for a better end link fit to the case. Maybe itís just the angle?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  37. #37
    Master Sinnlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,463
    Quote Originally Posted by pjsayer View Post
    Mine seems to have been held up at Heathrow for 4 weeks now. At the risk of sounding picky is it me or do the end links look slightly too small for the Speedy case...?



    I love the look of the bracelet, but Iíd hope for a better end link fit to the case. Maybe itís just the angle?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    That looks like the end pieces are 19mm, perfect for the FOIS. The Pro needs 20mm

  38. #38
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Warks
    Posts
    391
    Does anyone know if any of the 20mm bracelets will fit the SMP 2541.80 please?

  39. #39
    Grand Master Carlton-Browne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Berlin, London and sometimes Dublin
    Posts
    13,098
    Quote Originally Posted by devonpete View Post
    Does anyone know if any of the 20mm bracelets will fit the SMP 2541.80 please?
    There's a lengthy thread here - might have the answer to your question.

    https://omegaforums.net/threads/need...design.100804/
    Die Zeit verwandelt uns nicht, sie entfaltet uns nur.

  40. #40
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Warks
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    There's a lengthy thread here - might have the answer to your question.

    https://omegaforums.net/threads/need...design.100804/
    Many thanks, Iíll take a look.

  41. #41
    Master PreacherCain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,753
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    That looks like the end pieces are 19mm, perfect for the FOIS. The Pro needs 20mm
    Nope - they measure as 20mm: the issue with the photo is that my elderly Speedy is a little idiosyncratic, the lugs are broader than 20mm. Not obviously bent but (I suspect) somewhat worn over the course of their 50 year lifetime! The angle of the end pieces is a little too "flat" relative to the case, I agree, but since they are bent steel I can re-profile them carefully for a better look.

  42. #42
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Czech
    Posts
    113
    A friend of mine has a FlatLink (all brushed), and he is very happy with it.

  43. #43
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    1,420


    They arrived... really happy with them...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  44. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post


    They arrived... really happy with them...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A very nice set of Omegas you have there!

  45. #45
    And just spotted over on Instagram, Uncle Seiko has put up some fantastic shots of his 1450 bracelet, due for release in January, hopefully.

    They look superb.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CJWhRXQr...d=6pbqrc9wwxh2
    Last edited by dkpw; 28th December 2020 at 22:11.

  46. #46
    Craftsman TheGent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    North West, UK
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    And just spotted over on Instagram, Uncle Seiko has put up some fantastic shots of his 1450 bracelet, due for release in January, hopefully.

    They look superb.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/CJWhRXQr...d=6pbqrc9wwxh2
    Thank you for posting - that is great news!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  47. #47
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,154
    Definitely going to get one, looks fantastic!

  48. #48
    Just in case people are not on Instagram, here's some shots of the US 1450.









Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information