closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uncle Seiko Bracelets for Omega

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    An excellent write-up, a v. useful post. I bought an 1171 back in 2015 for a SM 300 I built from parts and I wasn't impressed with the quality, so its no surprise that the Uncle Seiko offering is better.
    Thank you Paul.

The US offering feels so much better put together.

I just received the good news from Uncle Seiko that he is indeed working on a 1450, which will be coming "early next year."
    Something to look forward to!

The 1450 on the left. Image courtesy of Omega Addict.com - Robert Broer.
    Last edited by dkpw; 19th December 2020 at 09:42.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Craftsman
    Great write up dkpw. How did you find removing links? I’ve fitted mine to a Railmaster (2403 generation in 39mm which I think has the same midcase as a Speedmaster Pro) and agree the end link for us spot on. But I haven’t been able to remove the pins since they’re in so tight! Have bent a few of my admittedly cheap watch tools

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by momentum View Post
    Great write up dkpw. How did you find removing links? I’ve fitted mine to a Railmaster (2403 generation in 39mm which I think has the same midcase as a Speedmaster Pro) and agree the end link for us spot on. But I haven’t been able to remove the pins since they’re in so tight! Have bent a few of my admittedly cheap watch tools
    I have the US 1171 as well. I posted a picture early on in the thread. Some of the pins are an absolute pain to remove. They are jammed in incredibly tightly whereas others just pop out with just enough resistance to keep them safe when in situ. It's a bit trial and error unfortunately although I now have a perfect fit and it's very comfortable.

Thank you. I found that I didn't need to remove any links and was able to adjust for a comfortable fit using the clasp settings - I do like a very loose fit though.
    I see that Midgetda has replied with first hand experience.

I have something similar to this kit, which has the advantage of being able to vary height and lateral distances, as well as coming with a number of pusher heads. Certainly there are better tools but if it's only an occasional job, I've found this suffices.

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    I just received the good news from Uncle Seiko that he is indeed working on a 1450, which will be coming "early next year."
    Something to look forward to!
    This is excellent news!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    I have the US 1171 as well. I posted a picture early on in the thread. Some of the pins are an absolute pain to remove. They are jammed in incredibly tightly whereas others just pop out with just enough resistance to keep them safe when in situ. It's a bit trial and error unfortunately although I now have a perfect fit and it's very comfortable.
    Glad to hear it’s not just me! Can I ask a very basic question - did you push the pins out in the direction the arrow points? That’s what I’ve been doing but then started second guessing myself!

Thanks for the kit link dkpw. I have. A plastic version of that bracelet tool which is totally not up to the job. Time for an upgrade!
    Last edited by momentum; 27th October 2020 at 00:53.

Master
    Glad to hear it’s not just me! Can I ask a very basic question - did you push the pins out in the direction the arrow points? That’s what I’ve been doing but then started second guessing myself!

Thanks for the kit link dkpw. I have. A plastic version of that bracelet tool which is totally not up to the job. Time for an upgrade!
    Yes you need to push the pins out in the direction if the arrows so you are doing it correctly. They can just be a pain in the you know where. The split part of the split pin is at the arrow side of the link and it's this that is the bit that gets wedged. Once that is clear of the link the pin comes out easily. Of course when pushing the pins back in they go back the way they came and the last bit is the trickiest as the split part then needs to push together to fit inside the link and hold in place. I suggest as much careful planning as possible to minimise messing around with the bracelet and also try and use those pins that's are easier to get out when pushing them back in post adjustment!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    Yes you need to push the pins out in the direction if the arrows so you are doing it correctly. They can just be a pain in the you know where. The split part of the split pin is at the arrow side of the link and it's this that is the bit that gets wedged. Once that is clear of the link the pin comes out easily. Of course when pushing the pins back in they go back the way they came and the last bit is the trickiest as the split part then needs to push together to fit inside the link and hold in place. I suggest as much careful planning as possible to minimise messing around with the bracelet and also try and use those pins that's are easier to get out when pushing them back in post adjustment!
    Thanks for this - time to invest in a better bracelet tool and give it some gentle welly!

Craftsman

Uncle Seiko Bracelets for Omega

Quote Originally Posted by WatchFanUK23 View Post
    I didn’t think it was going to be an option based on reading other forums but Omega were fine. When I initially called they said there were no spare unique parts available for the Apollo 11 because it was so new...but a month or so later I got the call and they had even ordered one in for me.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Hi all - just an update, once Omega got the bracelet in for me, they realised that it won’t fit the bog standard Speedy Pro (current iteration). I just wanted to let everyone know in case you were looking to get one. Thanks

Craftsman
    Thanks for this - time to invest in a better bracelet tool and give it some gentle welly!
    Finally got around to this. With a metal bracelet tool, instead of the bendy plastic one I had before, the pins came out fine. I can confirm that the bracelet fits perfectly on a Railmaster (2500 era) and gives it a lovely vintage vibe! Between the thinness of the watch and the light weight of the bracelet it all feels very comfortable.

Master
    Finally got around to this. With a metal bracelet tool, instead of the bendy plastic one I had before, the pins came out fine. I can confirm that the bracelet fits perfectly on a Railmaster (2500 era) and gives it a lovely vintage vibe! Between the thinness of the watch and the light weight of the bracelet it all feels very comfortable.
    Picture of both the watch and the tool please!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post
    Picture of both the watch and the tool please!

Knew I’d missed something :)

Not the best photo, but gives an idea of how it looks. And the bracelet tool was this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zacro-Watch...7662519&sr=8-5 Feels like great value for the money - solidly built and with five spare pins

Master

Not the best photo, but gives an idea of how it looks. And the bracelet tool was this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zacro-Watch...7662519&sr=8-5 Feels like great value for the money - solidly built and with five spare pins

Looks great! I am expecting one to put on my seamaster 300 watchco. So fingers crossed

I bought an Uncle Seiko bracelet for an SKX and I thought the finish was quite poor. Especially the clasp with sharp edges. It felt quite cheap compared to the Strapcode bracelets I have. Just my opinion. :)

This looks really good! Exactly what I was after - been looking for alternative bracelet options for my RM for a while now

Master

They arrived... really happy with them...

Quote Originally Posted by Ar.parask View Post

They arrived... really happy with them...

A very nice set of Omegas you have there!
    David

And just spotted over on Instagram, Uncle Seiko has put up some fantastic shots of his 1450 bracelet, due for release in January, hopefully.

They look superb.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJWhRXQr...d=6pbqrc9wwxh2
    Last edited by dkpw; 28th December 2020 at 22:11.
    David

And just spotted over on Instagram, Uncle Seiko has put up some fantastic shots of his 1450 bracelet, due for release in January, hopefully.

They look superb.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJWhRXQr...d=6pbqrc9wwxh2
    Thank you for posting - that is great news!

Master
    Definitely going to get one, looks fantastic!

Just in case people are not on Instagram, here's some shots of the US 1450.

Just in case people are not on Instagram, here's some shots of the US 1450.

These are available now, has anyone got one?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    These are available now, has anyone got one?
    I’m tempted but not sure on the clasp, looks a bit insubstantial. I love the rest of it though.

I was initially tempted to jump straight in and buy one, but a recent acquisition and the fact I have and very much enjoy the US 1171mean that I'll be leaving it for a while. If the clasp is the same as on the 1171, is not modern by any stretch but better than the Omega equivalent.

Some nice photos over here: https://omegaforums.net/threads/new-....124954/page-9

As an owner of the US 1171 myself, if anyone tries the 1450, I'd be curious to know the feeling on the wrist.

Since you've got solid endlinks on the 1450 but still a pressed clasp, I'm wondering if it could feel a bit top heavy and unbalanced on the wrist, or if it's just not making that much of a difference

Journeyman
    I have a previous generation Speedmaster and I was never able to get a good fit with the original bracelet.
    Fortunately enough this watch is a strap monster and I was happy to wear it on a leather strap.
    This US 1450 has been a great reconciliation to wear this watch with a bracelet.
    The look and feel is superb and there is enough of removable links and micro ajustements to find a perfect fit.
    The clasp is certainly not modern at all but is discrete and to be honest is more appropriate to the design of the watch than the modern one.
    It certainly make me reconsider my previous project to source a bracelet from the new Speedmaster.