closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: LLD - His ‘n’ Hers

LLD - His ‘n’ Hers

I’ve had a LLD ND for 13 years now, and I’ve sang it’s praises here a few times - it’s seen off everything else I’ve had and I’ve worn it for the most transformative and important time of my life from graduation to job, marriage, fatherhood and more besides.

For our anniversary we finally went to collect the Pearl dial version for my wife. She’s quite frugal with ‘things’ and although doesn’t begrudge me spending on my various hobbies she’s almost happier to get a bargain on something cheap. She’s come around to the idea of owning something that will last forever and potentially become a storied piece of history to pass down (whenever we watch that ‘repair shop’ programme we always say ‘what will Fred (our son) want to keep of ours?!’

We went to Berry’s in York to try it on and I didn’t apply any pressure as I didn’t want her to get it because she thought I wanted her to (I’d have been happy to keep the money!) but she loves it. The dial is stunning - and the design works so well in 36mm. The green lume looks amazing with the white backdrop and the Pearl gives a lovely depth.

Something I’ve always appreciated about this design in general is how the watch resists bumps and scrapes due to the pebble shape and large crystal. So she’s under strict instructions not to baby it.

Here’s a pic for now, I’ll do some better ones later if anyone is interested.

Cheers

Master
    Blog Entries
    What a great pair of watches and a lovely way to celebrate your anniversary. Wishing you both well.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    What a great pair of watches and a lovely way to celebrate your anniversary. Wishing you both well.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Thank you. It’s our fourth anniversary (silk/linen) so I was quick to point out the little piece of silk ribbon inside the box!! We went for a drink at our wedding venue (Gray’s Court in York) for a drink afterwards. Was a lovely day.

That’s very nice! Always good to have a proper his and hers pair. Your no date LLD is a watch I’d happily wear. I wonder why it was discontinued so soon. For me it’s a lot better than the date version.

Edit. Congrats on your anniversary too!

Lovely watches and great to hear of people actually going out to enjoy themselves!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Happy anniversary! the pearl dial LLD is lovely. Bet mrs is over the moon with it :)

That Pearl dial is stunning, what a lovely thing. I’ve never seen one before & had no idea they made this. I’ll have to keep these pics away from swmbo!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk