closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tunes for working from home

Tunes for working from home

Well lockdown may be officially over, but i'm still working from home.

Have youtube on the tv in background with some tunes playing

Highlights from today

China Drums cover of Wuthering Heights, a 90's classic
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9VLfFYjAJc

Also this, not a big fan of orchestral music, more a rock man, but watched Kickass1&2 over the last week and it reminded me what a great piece the theme tune is, probably the best most uplifting superhero score i've heard, and from a spoof-ish movie to boot
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj6Tmm90tOE
    or the extended version
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CMlbihPSCg

In case you hadn't noticed, there's a thread in the 'All The Young Dudes' sub-forum, imaginatively titled, 'What Are You Listening To?'

Started on 15.02.2007, it's only got 15366 posts, so I suppose another thread doesn't matter...
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    In case you hadn't noticed, there's a thread in the 'All The Young Dudes' sub-forum, imaginatively titled, 'What Are You Listening To?'

Started on 15.02.2007, it's only got 15366 posts, so I suppose another thread doesn't matter...
    Must have missed that, really never seen it, don't go in there
    "Discuss artists and music from yesteryear. No modern crap please!"
    That's probably why

Grand Master
    OP started the thread in the context of what you’re listening to whilst working from home, seems valid to me.

Having ‘worked from home’ for the past 8 years I choose the music depending on mood and complexity of the job in hand. Heavy rock at high volume isn’t conducive to truing up a hairspring, that’s more of a Miles Davis job at moderate volume accompanied by a glass of whisky in the evening. A challenging hairspring issue is always treated this way.

Some albums take a few listens to get into, some take a while to appreciate, but 45 years is pushing it a bit. Just been listening to Roxy Music’s first album, had it on vinyl years ago and ended up buying it on CD whilst hever really rating it highly. I dug it out yesterday and played it a few times, have to say I like it more now than I ever did in the past. Second album was tons better though.
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 9th July 2020 at 18:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty;[URL="[URL
    tel:5473642[/URL]"]5473642[/URL]]Must have missed that, really never seen it, don't go in there
    "Discuss artists and music from yesteryear. No modern crap please!"
    That's probably why

You'd be quite mistaken to think it stays within those parameters.

PS. Radio Paradise.
    F.T.F.A.