closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Internal fire doors

Internal fire doors

My house has an integral garage, with an internal door into the utility room.

The door has a FD30 label on top
    The door has three steel hinges
    There is an intumescent strip in the door frame, which has been painted over
    There are a few breaks in the intumescent strip, where security bolts have previously been fitted, for example
    There is no automatic door closer
    There are no smoke seals

Do I need to change or improve anything?

Note that I don't keep a car in the garage, though there is obviously the potential to do so.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    My house has an integral garage, with an internal door into the utility room.

The door has a FD30 label on top
    The door has three steel hinges
    There is an intumescent strip in the door frame, which has been painted over
    There are a few breaks in the intumescent strip, where security bolts have previously been fitted, for example
    There is no automatic door closer
    There are no smoke seals

Do I need to change or improve anything?

Note that I don't keep a car in the garage, though there is obviously the potential to do so.
    You don't have to do anything but if you wanted to improve things you could replace the strips, put a closer on it and put smoke/heat detectors in the garage to alert you well ahead of any fire burning through the door.

I'd be more concerned about security rather than fire and pay attention to what stops scroats getting into the garage in the first place.