closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New (to me) Car Day

A friend of mine had a Lotus Elise and I a VX220. Someone he worked with was going on and on about how great golf was. Said friend with the Elise then spent a year and a load of money 'getting' golf. By getting, he spent hours at the course trying to get better. He bought lessons and bats and everything. One day he was telling a couple of us car people in the friendship group about how angry and frustrated it made him etc and another in the group piped up and said 'why do you play golf when you have a track/race/sports car?'. We laughed and he never played again. Went on a track day pretty sharp after that and golf was a thing of the past. I just don't get it.

Plate (yes I know it's too long - trying to get a shorter one) and sun strip fitted for that extra splash of yellow, as well as helping to keep the sun out of my eyes.

Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Lovely bit of kit that.

Love the car. Like the sun strip too!

(Not sure about the dodgy spaced plate....)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB687 View Post
    Ooh lovely, where do you put your golf clubs?
    In the Bentley.

Had my second drive in the 410 this afternoon.

What a thing - it's brilliant.

It’s only an extra 30hp but combined with circa 20kg less weight it is certainly noticeable compared to the 380, but the bigger difference is the suspension.

The 3 way nitrons appear to have been set up very nicely for the road. The ride is a bit plusher and better damped so I can get on the power hard and early more often out of those corners that are less than perfectly surfaced i.e. most of them.

The supercharger is much louder than in the 380, but not as high pitched whiny as the Series 2 cars.

My 410 has the optional sound deadening, so supercharger aside, it’s a quieter car.

I understand the sound deadening is just the carpet to the foot wells and the sides of the cills - If that's correct, I might take it out as I prefer the rawness of the extra noise.

Couldn't feel any discernible difference in the braking department - I expect you need track speeds to feel the advantage of the J hook discs.

Looking forward to my first outing on the 3rd of August.

PPF is going on the whole front tomorrow & I'm looking to get the car ceramic coated - recommendations welcome.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Any advantage to the jhook discs is going to be minimal, you'd see more advantage in some different cooling. I've seen the porsche gt3 front wishbone mounted cooling vanes used before. Or was that rear..

Decent fluid, good pads and solid discs work fine. Ali belled discs will help but the jhooks are going to have a greater aesthetic influence than they are performance gain.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps, love the car though. That carbon bonnet is lovely.

Happy Birthday. Stunning car and colour

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Plate (yes I know it's too long - trying to get a shorter one) and sun strip fitted for that extra splash of yellow, as well as helping to keep the sun out of my eyes.
    I made smaller plates for car by simply doing without the border and trimming the ends off with a hacksaw and a smoothish file, mot regs require 11mm of reflective tape all round, a good motor factor might do this for you, I did my own but then the number plate machine was in my domain, the parts dept.
    I also had some in motorcycle font for years until an eagle eyed traffic pc got the hump and gave 48hours to fit legal sized on.