closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Balance spring for vintage Seiko.

Master

Balance spring for vintage Seiko.

I have a seiko 7000 8000 that requires a replacement balance Spring. My local watch maker says he can't get hold of one.

Does anyone know if I can still source one of these, if so where from and who could fit it for me?

Many thanks in advance.

Grand Master
    Strongly advise sourcing a whole replacement balance, the spring and balance should really be swapped as one. I suspect a spares movement is the best way forward on this provided the balance is in good condition. That's what I`d do, the balance spring and balance are best considered as one, you can end up with a watch gaining or losing 15 mins/day if the two aren`t matched, that's a rabbit-hole I`d avoid.

I don`t know how interchangeable balances are on older Seikos, Duncan (Thewatchbloke) is the best guy to ask.

The problem for a repairer is the time required to hunt for stuff like this.

Master
    Thank you, that's very useful advice.

Master
    Cousins have them listed - SEI310020 but out of stock until Sept, or search on Ebay for Seiko 310.020.

Failing that you can use any complete balance (including the bridge as the stud is different) from all 7Sxx, 4Rxx and 6Rxx movements.

Master
    Thanks, I will check out Cousins. I'm not in any rush so September is no problem. Just need to find someone to fit it fir me then.