closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Prs 18 Crystal replacement

Apprentice

Prs 18 Crystal replacement

Hi all,
    My first post, I have been trying for several yrs to find someone to re-fit the Crystal in my prs 18, it popped out when dropped. No gasket however and despite taking it to several repairers no one seems able to find the correct gasket and replace it, one guy tried and it looks like he took a hatchet to it ! . Despite emails to Eddie who tells me it’s a common size I’v e been unable to wear it for years :confused

Help appreciated.

Journeyman

Question

Quote Originally Posted by needle2groove View Post
    Hi all,
    My first post, I have been trying for several yrs to find someone to re-fit the Crystal in my prs 18, it popped out when dropped. No gasket however and despite taking it to several repairers no one seems able to find the correct gasket and replace it, one guy tried and it looks like he took a hatchet to it ! . Despite emails to Eddie who tells me it’s a common size I’v e been unable to wear it for years :confused

Help appreciated.
    Are you surden the watch needs a gasket? What size of crystal did you try to refit? I sounds like you just need to find a better watchmaker.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by needle2groove View Post
    Hi all,

Help appreciated.
    I've never used this chap before - but was tempted to as they do an insured collection and delivery service.

If you're having difficulties you might feel its worth giving them a go?

https://www.margoliswatch.co.uk/?fbc...bill07sy1R--lg

Journeyman

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    I've never used this chap before - but was tempted to as they do an insured collection and delivery service.

If you're having difficulties you might feel its worth giving them a go?

https://www.margoliswatch.co.uk/?fbc...bill07sy1R--lg

My next watch repair will go to this guy - he just seams like a nice guy :-)